So whats the conventional wisdom

Disney may want to have an increased inventory of classic resorts to offer as alternatives at a lower price.

historically, the guides have been reluctant to offer classic resorts to prospective buyers, leading many of us to suspect that guides are not compensated in such a way as to motivate sales of classic resorts.

if DVC actively starts marketing OKW, BCV and such, that would be a sign that ROFR activity will pick up significantly...

(but due to differing expiration dates for the classic resorts and the costs of ROFR activity, it will be interesting to watch and see if that is the direction they go...)

I have a friend who is going to Washington DC this summer. ... they have a range of dates in June/early July but haven't settled on exact dates. ...If the discussion gets more serious, I'll check the various RCI options and maybe something acceptable will pop up.
This is OT for this thread, but unless you consider Williamsburg to be "DC", you're out of luck. Wyndham banked June/July months ago---and that's assuming that National Harbor even made it in. I've never seen Old Town Alexandria deposited. I can't think of anyone else with a DC resort.

(As it happens, I'm typing this from a 2BR at the latter right now. Unfortunately, looks like we are going to *just* miss peak Cherry Blossom.)

This is OT for this thread, but unless you consider Williamsburg to be "DC", you're out of luck. Wyndham banked June/July months ago---and that's assuming that National Harbor even made it in. I've never seen Old Town Alexandria deposited. I can't think of anyone else with a DC resort.

(As it happens, I'm typing this from a 2BR at the latter right now. Unfortunately, looks like we are going to *just* miss peak Cherry Blossom.)

*jealous*

We did walk around the Tidal Basin yesterday afternoon. 2-3 of the trees had "popped" but most were still several days away.

We are really enjoying OTA. Steps from the King Street Metro stop, the units are a good size and nicely furnished. About the only thing it doesn't have is in-unit washer/dryer but there are free machines on each floor---not as convenient but there if you need them. We're here for a couple more days and it's been a great base from which to explore. We parked in the underground garage (free) and haven't moved the car since we got here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter