So what's my chance...Ohana

RN01

Mouseketeer
I was 2 days late making dining reservations for our trip in November. We absolutely LOVE eating at Ohana and I cannot get a dinner reservation there. I've been checking every other day or so. Yes I know it's free dining during the time we are going so it's going to be hard but it's really the only sit down place we want to eat. What do you think our chances are of getting a reservation?

Watch the November cancelled ADR thread and see if someone posts a cancellation. Also, use the Touring Plans reservation finder and you can get a text if a reservation opens up during your specified time frame.

Don't feel bad about the 2 days late. It didn't matter, it seems like it was all already taken! My husband and I registered for the free alert on the TP site too. (Get the basic membership, it's free) I was flexible with dates and got a handful of dates texted to me...could never snag it fast enough until I got a text one morning at 5am. However, I was about to post the same question as you b/c we finally were able to snag an Akershus breakfast and the planning isn't working out when I had to move things around/park hours, etc. We changed our alerts to 2 specific days and haven't heard anything since I'm being pickier. I'm curious too if there is any chance I'll get what I'm "wanting" or if it's a very long shot!

I was just sitting here wondering the same thing! I just booked less than 2 weeks ago so I missed the 180 day mark by a mile so I'm playing catch up. If I could just snag 2 more reservations I could relax and stop stressing but 1 is 'Ohana and the other BOG lunch :/ I was lucky enough to grab an 'Ohana but it is on a very inconvenient day so if I could find my other day I would have one to drop ;)

I would just be patient and check periodically. I've never NOT been able to get the ADR's that I wanted by some watchful waiting...and that includes things like CRT and BOG for party sizes from 2 to 5. Just keeping looking. It's often not until a week or two before we leave that I'm able to snag something, but I do get it! People start to juggle their plans as hours change or nighttime shows are added/subtracted etc etc.

Of course, the pickier you are about times/days, and the larger your party size, you may have some trouble, but for the most part all it takes is some patience. Good luck and have a great trip!

Also check at the 45 day out mark. Lots of folks cancel at the last minute for package refunds and sometimes that will free up reservations.

I recently used the Touring Plans reservation finder to get an ADR for my upcoming November trip. I didn't see the text for about 10 minutes and still was able to snag it. I definitely would sign up for that (it is free) or keep checking back. I think there is a chance you will get one. Plenty of time for something to open up!

I was 2 days late making dining reservations for our trip in November. We absolutely LOVE eating at Ohana and I cannot get a dinner reservation there. I've been checking every other day or so. Yes I know it's free dining during the time we are going so it's going to be hard but it's really the only sit down place we want to eat. What do you think our chances are of getting a reservation?
like others have said, do touring plans, I got 3 from there at different times until I found the time I wanted, also I check several times every day like maybe 10, especially late at night before going to bed. All except one of the ones found by touring plans were available around 11pm

I was in the same boat and asked pretty much the same thing. Does anyone ever cancel Ohana?!? I tried and tried for days to get and ADR for my November trip. No luck. Then someone on here suggested the Touring Plans Reservation Finder. Wow... What a life saver! I signed up that evening and the next afternoon I got a text alert saying there was an ADR available during my stay! I couldn't believe it!
So, I highly recommend Touring Plans!

I'm another that just found out about Touring Plans reservation finder and it's a lifesaver. I would suggest signing up for it for sure, it's included in the free membership, and then just waiting. There's bound to be more reservations that open up, especially as the months go by and people start to solidify their plans, and people who even start to cancel their vacations.

I've noticed when I'm looking about 160 - 180 days in advance, all the popular places usually are booked, but if I look about 30 days or 60 in advance, I can usually find one or two that pop up regularly.

You will get it! I used touring plans and got one about thirty days after my ADR window opened up for the exact time and day I wanted. We are going the last week of November.

I accidentally cancelled my Ohana ADR I made at 180 days for our Sept trip. I checked every day about 50 times a day with no luck. I had already signed up on Touring Plans for the Lines app but decided to try the reservation finder. They found 2 for me that were even better than the original one I had. They send a text and an email so I was able to grab as soon as I got the text. Life saver.

I'd say pretty excellent ... just checked now and found the following for a party of 4:
2 times for dinner tonight
3 times for Saturday night
pretty well any day in August
a spattering of days throughout the Christmas holidays also have times as does the 3rd of January (which is the current 180 days and is still within Free dining window)

I've often found that there is a real problem with the 180 day mark but it does settle down as it gets closer because peoples plans change --it doesn't hurt that you get charged for no-shows now! Don't give up because you can find open tables right up till that day!

Should be doable. Be flexible with your times, and check 1-3 times daily between now and then. I bet it'll pop up. Good luck!

I just keep checking a few times a day everyday. I always get an opening. My husband just surprised me with a trip for September and I had no ADR made. By checking everyday, I jgot two ADR for ohana' on two different nights of my trip. Don't give up, there are always cancellations. It took me a week or two and I got them.

Touring Plans reservation finder has been great for me! I wanted to move our Ohana to our arrival night. I secured an Ohana Reservation at 6:30pm 60days out from trip. Took about a week of waiting. I'm a fan!

Don't give up we are 30 days out and just two days ago a 7p for 4 ppl opened up for our last night in Aug!

Last edited:
I had Ohana for 4pm July 23rd. .only time I could get 2 months ago. Today at 7:45am there was a 5pm, so I switched. ..party of 4. Being only 3 hours away, I really don't plan 180 days out...never did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter