• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, what's in your bag?

I'm definitely not like the minimalists on this board. :lmao: If I don't take something I'll end up needing it (Murphy's Law) so I bring:

ponchos
hand sanitizer
wet wipes
snacks
water bottle
Autograph Book & Pen
M&M's container with pennies and Quarters for pressed pennies
ziploc Baggies in asstd sizes
headache meds incl ibuprofin, excedrin and childrens doses
wallet with cash, room key, disney visa, disney $$, gift cards, AP's, TIW card
laminated touring plan w/ADR #s
Camera w/ extra recharged batteries & extra memory card
Cell Phone
Pin Lanyard with extra locks
lip gloss & chapstick
sunscreen
sunglasses
first aid kit with bandaids, moleskin, neosporin & extra set of disposable contact lenses
A compact Shamwow
fidgets for dd, possibly extra clothes for dd

I used to use Baggalini Messenger-hated it! Now I use the Overland Donner and I love it. I've been 2 years with the Donner now and I would never use anything BUT. Believe it or not, all of the above fits in the Donner easily and in nice compartments.
:thumbsup2

Just wanted to add that in the bag I put my wristlet/wallet which is where I keep my ID and KTTW card and cash, that way if I want to leave the bag behind in the stroller I can pull it out and carry it on my wrist

I've carried many of the things people have already listed. But last December, our focus was parades and shows. So I got a cheap, simple backpack at Walmart = $5.00. And now we carry two of these:

walkstool.jpg

folded.jpg

They're called Walkstools and they're not cheap. But each one weighs less than 2 pounds (about 3.5 pounds combined). When folded my husband's is 15", mine is shorter (his is 22" tall when opened, mine is 18" tall). And most importantly for these 2 pooh sized people they have weight capacities that far exceed what we need (mine is rated for 440 lbs and my husbands is rated for 495 lbs). Most "camping" stools have weight limits right around 200 lbs and don't collapse to the smaller length.

We now always have a seat for parades, shows, etc. Even waiting for the bus at the end of the day :rotfl2: . I was told we were "cheating" one night because "part of the experience" is suffering while waiting for the bus :goodvibes .

Had no problems on any rides with the backpack. As a matter of fact, mine looked a lot less filled that others.

On our last day we decided to make a trip to DHS just to see Block Party Bash. We didn't take them, figuring we could find a place along the curb. And we did. And then plenty of rude people stepped on me. So now, it's all-Walkstool, all the time.

If you are interested, I've found the best prices via Amazon. And if you take them in your carryon, pull them out of the bag and put them in their own bin for screening (note: not sure what the scoop will be since the 12/25 incident).

Saw a great article that I bookmarked for our last trip:

20 things to pack for a day at Walt Disney World

1. Autograph Book - Pack an autograph book, they are great for your children (or yourself) to get signatures from all their favourite Walt Disney World Characters. Make sure to also pack a fat pen or marker so that the
characters with slightly bigger hands than usual have no problem signing their John Hancock. Many people make their own autograph books , but Walt Disney World does sell autograph books, starting at $6.95.

2. Camcorder - A camcorder is a great thing to pack for those who want to capture all the "Magical" moments of Walt Disney World, meeting Disney characters, going on rides, and parades.

3. Camera - A great resource for capture pictures of you with your favourite characters, Walt Disney World monuments, the beautiful scenery, etc. Whether is digital, film or disposable, a camera should be on everyones list to pack.

4. Key to the World Card - For those that are staying at Walt Disney World's Resorts, this card is your room key, your charge card, your theme park tickets, etc. As the most essential tool at Walt Disney World, do not forget to pack this.

5. Cash - While almost everything throughout Walt Disney World will take credit, debit or your room charge card, some of the kiosks with the light up toys do not. It is always a good idea to pack a little change purse with money in case of an emergency (i.e. need a taxi, need to make a phone call on public phone, tip money, etc)

6. Fan/Mister - This is essential to pack for all you theme park warriors that are heading to the world from June - September and wading through the massive crowds in the Florida humidity (not trying to scare you, hehehe). Mister fans can be found at Walmart or at any of the Walt Disney World theme parks. For other great ideas on how to stay cool at Walt Disney World take a look here.

7. First Aid Kit - While there are first-aid stations throughout Walt Disney World, it is always useful to pack a small first aid kit of band-aids, wipes, gauze, etc., in case your child has a small fall when they are waiting in line, or sitting and waiting for the parade.

8. Gum - You will not find gum at any of the Walt Disney World theme parks or resorts. People have even reported having trouble finding gum at MCO. If you are an avid gum chewer, make sure that you pack a couple packs of gums with you.

9. Hat - Nothing like spending a beautiful day at the theme park and have to head back to your Walt Disney World Resort because you have a sun stroke. Plus they help frizzed-out-hair confined in the hot Florida summer weather. No matter what time of year, it is a good idea to pack a hat.

10. Jacket/Poncho - Orlando is notorious for afternoon showers, it is absolutely mandatory to pack a pancho when visiting the Walt Disney World theme parks, unless you want to walk around in high humidity with wet clothes on...ICK. Walt Disney World does sell ponchos, but they are quite pricey.

11. Maps - You can make custom Walt Disney World maps at the Disney website to pack in your bag, or can find maps at any of the park entrances or resort front desks. Great for finding your way through the parks....you may feel silly pulling out a map throughout the day, but you will save time being able to find everything and maximize your time.

12. List of ADRs, things you want to do throughout the day - Always a good idea to pack a list of your Advanced Dining Reservations for the Walt Disney World restaurants with the confirmation numbers just in case. While most people have no problems, people have reported through the Disney forums that their reservation was lost. If you have the confirmation number you should have no problems verifying. If you pack a list of things that you want to do at Walt Disney World it will also help you keep track of everything you hope to get out of your vacation and will help you keep on track throughout the day.

13. Memory Card for your Digital Camera - There are so many different attractions, people/characters to see, beautiful and curious sites that it is very easy to zip through all the pictures on your memory card. Walt Disney World does sell Memory Cards at each of the parks, but at a very high price. Make sure that you pack an extra card just in case.

14. Pen - Pack one, you never know when you are going to have to jot something down!

15. Pins - This is for all you avid Pin Collectors at Walt Disney World. Many people decorate lanyards, backpacks, with the pins, and use them throughout the parks for trading with other Pin Collecters. If you are interested in starting a pin collection before you arrive at Walt Disney World, you can find pins on (had to delete URLS) Make sure to pack your pins for trading!

16. Socks - I made this mistake once and only once. With the afternoon showers, wet rides and the random spitting character from up above, it is a must to pack an extra pair of socks to bring to the Walt Disney World theme parks. It will save your feet from awful chafing and blisters!

17. Snacks - Pack some snacks, they always always come in handy when waiting for parades/shows to start at Walt Disney World and help cut down on the costly splurge of funnel cakes, ice creams, brownies...mmm....for some of the yummy treats that Walt Disney World offers, that you need to bring a snack to avoid ;) take a look here

18. Quarters and Pennies - There are quite a few people who like to collect the pressed pennies throughout Walt Disney World Resorts and Parks. It is actually a great activity to do with your children and can cut down on the cost of money that they rope you in to spending on your next vacation. Pressed penny machines are scattered across the parks, and for the cost of two quarters, you can press your pennies into an assortment of designs. You are able to find a list of the different designs, including the limited edition pressed pennies here Make sure you pack your pennies and quarters! (Tip pack them in an empty M&Ms container)

19. Sunscreen - In today's world, sunscreen should be a given when you are outside. Remember to pack it and reapply every few hours, or after you go on wet rides or after a downpour. Sunburns won't be much fun when you go on a ride at Walt Disney World that has a restraint that pulls over the sunburnt areas. Ouch!

20. Water - I always order a case or two of water to my Walt Disney World Resort. We always get the Disney Dining Plan, but I am against spending that much money on a bottle of water, and would rather have some yummy treats instead. If you plan to pack water for the parks, it might be a good idea to stick it in the freezer the night before you head to the park (for those that are lucky enough to have a fridge in your room), allowing you to have your water ice cold for a little longer while at the park. If you forget or run out of water, the counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World will give you a cup of ice tap water for free (bring some Crystal Light to help with taste for strictly bottle water drinkers).

Hope that helps!

Let's see. It's usually:

Refillable bottles of water
Small snacks
sun visor
camera
medication
sunscreen
Wet Naps
Cell phone
Pin trading book
band-aids
chapstick
a pair of socks

Waterproof/water resistant backpack (like kind used to carry school books).

Change of clothes for DS4
sunscreen lotion
lots and lots of wipes
camera and extra (charged) battery/
homemade first aid kit - antiseptic, bandaids, gauze bandage and tape, baggie to hold ice if needed.
extra socks
maybe moleskin to prevent blisters if feet develop hot spot.
emergency medicine - benadryl, epi-pen for allergies.
gum/mints
our dining reservations information (on my iphone)

If might get cool at night, take a lightweight jacket... or don't, then there's an excuse to buy a new sweatshirt/jacket.

Also umbrella, the Disney ones sold in the gift shops are nice for only $10.

Plastic ponchos if rain in forecast.

Dress shirt if not coming back to resort before dinner... or I'll just wear a collared shirt that day.

Also... on my iphone -- I changed the wall paper to put my DW's cell phone... "If this phone is found, please call XXX-XXX-XXXX". DW does the same... that way our phones can be returned quickly if lost and found.

DS4 has our phone information on a wrist band...

I like to keep my bag light. so I bring kttw, wallet, my camera (of course), and a poncho just in case.

This thread made me smile...I start off with some meds like pepto, advil, etc...sunscreen, lip balm, sun glasses, camera, rain ponchos, bandaids, keys, money and a few snacks. Oh, and we always take "body glide" my kids get a rash between their thighs after riding wet rides and then running/walkin in heat. BUT, as the days go on...it's amazing what I find in my bag, park maps, water bottles, etc. Everyone "adds" to my bag :)

I'm another one who carried way too much into the parks. But I've finally learned. I also carried small bags of snacks for the kids and a small pill bottle with tylenol and motrin in both children and adult strengths. I'm one that gets headaches easily and often times the kids would end up with muscle pain from walking so much.

Daisy

Band aids, bandages, neosporin are all available for no charge at the first aid stations. There is probably tylenol also, never asked.

My items are in a medium hobo bag
Cellphone
Camera
Chapstick
Lip gloss
Brush
Small lotion bottle
Compact w/ Mirror
Mascara
Allergic Reaction Kit- small pill bottle sized
Autograph Book
Pen
Wallet- with KTTW
Hand sanitizer
A pack of gum
A couple 100 cal Craisins packs
Water Bottle
Gloves- for December trips if need be ;)
Poncho- if rain is foretasted

A far few amount of items but not bad to carry around.:thumbsup2

Usually:
Sunscreen (bottle of spray stuff)
Sunglasses
Autograph book/pen
Wallet (with park passes and room keys in it)
Cellphone
iPod
ziplocks for cellphone and ipod
Camera
hand sanitizer

and that's it. I just wear a regular cross over purse and it all fits fine.

Blister kit: blister blocker, pin, moleskin, small pair of scissors, Band-Aids, antibiotic ointment (all those things fit in 1 sandwich bag)
compact folding umbrella
Rain jackets, folded up tightly in a zip-loc ba
2 swimmers towels (there are 2 of us), they fold up into a small zip-loc bag also
Extra zip-loc bag for camera/cell phones on wet rides
camera + extra batteries + Gorillapod (small tripod)
Tylenol and Advil (travel bottles)
Sunblock, both a spray can and a tube
hand sanitizer
Tide pen (for food spills)
small packet of tissues
2 bottles of water per person
a couple granola bars
If I'm wearing sandals, a pair of flip-flops (I have PF and it helps to give my feet a break from the orthotics so I wear flip-flops for a couple hours in the evening)
If not wearing sandals, a spare pair of socks

All that fits in one small backpack (Target called it "ladies' size") for the 2 of us.

In our pockets we carried our KTTW cards, APs, chapstick with SPF, cell phones, and a small amount of cash.

I'm with you! I hate to be in the park and not be prepared for changing weather or something else. I use a small daypack in warmer weather and a larger one when I have to layer clothing. But I carry everything you do except I do not carry water or flip flops or towels (but will now if I can find one like yours) I carry my KTTW cards, APs, and cash in a waterproof lanyard around my neck for easy access. And I also carry lipstick and a compact foundation and a hairbrush. And if it looks like rain is possible I also carry rainpants as I hate a wet bottom from rides...

With your kids so close in age, you could probably get away with one outfit for the both of them- just get adjustable waist pants and bring extra socks and underclothes for each.

I bring my victoria secret pink drawstring bag. In it:
-SLR Olypmus Camera
-Wallet
-Cell Phone
-Band Aids
-Snacks
-Water Bottles
-extra memory card
-hair bands
-any papers that I need
-autograph books and pens
-hand sanitizer
-ponchos

I think that's it...if I remember correctly.

I have
1) First Aid Pack with excedrin, band-aids, etc
2) dry washcloth
3) camera
4) hand sanitizer
5) deodorant
6) sunscreen

Everything is trial size and fits nicely in my camera bag.

Right after school started, Disney had all of their children's backpacks on sale and I purchased a Wall-E one. It's very small but it holds everything (and more) and it's festive!

I carry with me

-My giant Nikon camera
-sunscreen
-sunglasses
-cellphone
-park maps
-Hidden Mickey book
-chapstick
-refillable water bottle
-Wallet with a few dollars and room keys/tickets

It's nice just going with the bare necessities, you forget about all your worries and your strife and you can carry on everything with you.

I hope to take as little as possible but I will be taking a small backpackwith:

camera
hand san.
advil
waterbottle
money
ktw
credit card
tissues
sunscreen
snacks granola, crackers
chapstick
moleskin
rain ponchos

I have a Question does anyone know if there is a place to put your bags if you ride a ride that you can not take a bag the only ride I can think of is rockin rollar coaster but am worried what I would do with the bag while on the ride?

Ponchos (get them as a 2pk for a dollar at the dollar store)
tylenol/zantac/benedryl
lens cleaners (for the glasses and the cameras)
sun screen
wallet
water bottle lanyards and pop bottle koozies
my list of ADRs numbers
travel kleenex

The DH carries the camera and video camera and the batteries for those.

I usually end up adding tons of Disney napkins by the end of the trip. LOL I used to carry bandaids, but I've since learned if you boo boo yourself Disney first aid is happy to help. :)

I carry all this in a small messenger bag from Disneyshopping.com The bag then has enough room to also store my jacket for those trips when I don't need it during the day.

Heres what myself, and my DSIS 20, pack to the parks!

First things first, :
We have a KTTW card holder, and we attach it to a key ring, then we securly clip them to our belt loops on our shorts, then we dont have to worry about them falling out of our bags! :)

In our bag we pack,
a mini purel,
a change purse for small bills
a roll on sunscreen
camera (of course!)
ponchos (2)
a important, that has all of our dining resorvation information.
and park maps!

we love to pack light, and it was a very good choice. :cool1:

Water bottle
Sunscreen
Blister Bandaids
Chapstick with SPF
Antibac gel--to wash before eating, etc.
tissues
camera
disposable ponchos
driver's license, kttw, $20 bill
Cell phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter