So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

Hopefully eventually there will be some cool spots to hang out at..I regret that I never got to see the Adventurers club....I agree that PI is more fun,especially if you are staying at one of UO hotels....I actually enjoy the DTD at Disneyland because of the proximity to the parks and hotels...right now my favorite place to hangout at in Disney is the boardwalk after a day at EPCOT

keep forgetting to post about this!

screamscape on their orlando page had post saying there was a rumour going around that "the infamous Jekyll & Hyde Club from New York City may be looking into opening a new site in Orlando".

http://www.screamscape.com/html/orlando.htm

now I've never been to the club in new york, but i took a look at their website and it sounds like a kinda slightly scary version of adventurers club. So its gonna be interesting to see if this turns out to be true and if so where it ends up... Its a 3rd party venue, and maybe kinda venue to appease the adventurers club fans a little so its possible Disney could be interested, however I cant help but feel it would be far more suited to citywalk.

:confused3

keep forgetting to post about this!

screamscape on their orlando page had post saying there was a rumour going around that "the infamous Jekyll & Hyde Club from New York City may be looking into opening a new site in Orlando".

http://www.screamscape.com/html/orlando.htm

now I've never been to the club in new york, but i took a look at their website and it sounds like a kinda slightly scary version of adventurers club. So its gonna be interesting to see if this turns out to be true and if so where it ends up... Its a 3rd party venue, and maybe kinda venue to appease the adventurers club fans a little so its possible Disney could be interested, however I cant help but feel it would be far more suited to citywalk.

:confused3

There are actually 2 in NYC. A small one down in the village and a larger multi-storied one in midtown.

Having been to both, they are cool, but along the same lines of a rainforest cafe or the dino restaurant. Not scary but I guess they could be to younger children.

Would be interesting to see something like that at Disney. Not that it would happen but if they could incorporate stuff from HM, then it would be a great tie in.

Link did not work for me. But is the reference to Buster and something's restaurant? I think that restaurant is going in off I Drive -- more towards the Pointe Orlando area, or whatever they call it. Where the upside down building is.
(We have only gone to that area for BB King's restaurant.)
And I do not think it is going in that complex. Just around that area. So nowhere near DTD.

OK -- there is a Dave & Busters opening in July in Orlando.
And I see Jekyll & Hyde is something much more different.
http://jekyllpub.com/
Anything would be an improvement for DTD over the current offerings and promises....

Dave & Busters is going into the location formerly occupied by Race Rock. You can see it driving along I-4 across from the Turkey Lake Road Wal-Mart.

As for Jekyll & Hyde Club, Lance at Screamscape asks if anyone else has heard the rumor that the club is looking for an Orlando location. No, I never heard such a rumor until he brought it up. Would Disney would bite at the concept
for Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf? I think they'd bite at anything right now but Mannequins would be way too expensive to convert. But the existing Adventurers Club space would seem to work well. I can't see it for CityWalk though which is making way too much money from dance clubs to give that up for a place that would have high labor costs and much lower alcohol sales.

BobK/Orlando
www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com

I've never been to the Adventurer's Club. But I have been to both locations of Jeckyll & Hyde, although not in recent years.

To be honest, I always pictured the Adventurers Club as sort of a version of Jeckyll & Hyde, at least as it was years ago.

There was a comic macabre theme, and actors in character would wander the restaurant and interact with the guests... lots of props, wall trophies that spoke to people, a bit of a show, and so on.

I know nothing will replace the Adventurer's Club for you die-hard fans, but this might be something akin to the next best thing if it's true.

As for Jekyll & Hyde Club, Lance at Screamscape asks if anyone else has heard the rumor that the club is looking for an Orlando location. No, I never heard such a rumor until he brought it up. Would Disney would bite at the concept
for Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf? I think they'd bite at anything right now but Mannequins would be way too expensive to convert. But the existing Adventurers Club space would seem to work well. I can't see it for CityWalk though which is making way too much money from dance clubs to give that up for a place that would have high labor costs and much lower alcohol sales.

BobK/Orlando
www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com

Bob, I didn't send you this because I have no idea of the original source, but a friend heard J&H would be going into Red Coconut. He told me this the same day the ScreamScape story broke, take that for what you will.

To be honest, I always pictured the Adventurers Club as sort of a version of Jeckyll & Hyde, at least as it was years ago.

I don't think it's a big secret that J&H was built as an AdvClub rip-off/homage. As I recall, one of the original AdvClub actors wrote the scripts for J&H after moving to NYC. There are even portraits of an aviator and a guy in a white suit and red fez clearly meant to suggest AdvClub characters Hathaway Browne and Otis Wren.

Having been to both locations of J&H in NYC (granted this was about nine years ago), and the Adventurers Club, J&H is no Adventurers Club. As the saying goes, often immitated but never duplicated. AC was much more immersive than J&H, and as I have heard it, J&H has become even less so over the years.

That being said, I think it would be a fun addition to City Walk if the rumor you have heard is true. And especially for an HHN prefunc. :)

some potentially exciting rumours on KINGBOBOFTHENORTH's blog! anyone know more? cant wait to hear more!!

also whats the rumour about Hyperion Wharf being indefinitely delayed/cancelled?? not seen any details on that rumour yet!?

Jekyll & Hyde is terrible, and stupid. Nothing more needs to be said.
I fell for the hype, then I went to NYC to see for myself.

MG

not to be too "negative"...but...

I can't stop laughing:rotfl2:

What the hell are they doing? They try to schlep off the space to third party operators...come one come all...
But the economy still sucks (no matter what politico fed BS the Wall Street Journal tries to tell you)...and therefore travel sucks and will for the forseeable future...

so now Iger runs out and stands in the way of the wrecking ball waving his arms frantically in the wind (of course his hair remains perfectly in place)...and they are trying to put the lipstick back on the pig and get somebody to bite on outdated buildings that have sat vacant in the florida sun for two years...

You can't make this stuff up (if the rumors are true and i can certainly see how they are)

What a crock...this was all done to save the cost associated with a group of minimum wage employees and to eliminate some middle class tipped positions and to attempt to sell a few easy money rental and licensing agreements...nothing more.

It wasn't even really about Pleasure Islands performance (though it was bad) or the need for redevelopment. Like the sleepy DVC that stares at it from across the lake...this was about the 2000-2010 quick buck while cutting costs era. Nothing more.

some potentially exciting rumours on KINGBOBOFTHENORTH's blog! anyone know more? cant wait to hear more!!

also whats the rumour about Hyperion Wharf being indefinitely delayed/cancelled?? not seen any details on that rumour yet!?

At the House O'Mouse now and the same cast that always gave me the "never gonna happen, get over it" are now saying stuff like "we don't know what's going on over there now, anything is possible I guess."

So you're saying there's a chance?:scratchin

At the House O'Mouse now and the same cast that always gave me the "never gonna happen, get over it" are now saying stuff like "we don't know what's going on over there now, anything is possible I guess."

So you're saying there's a chance?:scratchin

To be fair...the last place you should go to for info on development at WDW is the employees. They know nothing.

Just as a personal example: when they decided to shut our hotel down for rehab in 2002...they had a hurry up meeting to announce it only after it was leaked to intercot.

Workers are on a "need to know" basis and they don't need to know.

This doesn't seem hopeful for the AC...from Twitter:

johnhensel John Henselmeier

For the first time in 5 years, I'm standing in front of the Colonel. At property control. #kungaloosh

@DisneyMagicMan for sale, silent auction, starting at $1000

I snapped a photo of him (the Colonel), I can't post it, but it's a really depressing picture...

:surfweb: Even though it wasn't in pleasure island, i wish they wouldn't have done away with the virgin megastore. that place was awesome :thumbsup2 I think the best thing they could put in pleasure island is a ferris wheel and even more restaurants!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter