So, what's changed since last year?

Paging Tom Morrow

DIS Veteran
Obviously, Toontown's gone and the Tiki Room has been updated (or maybe un-updated). I've heard that you can now get FPs to meet the princesses.

What other aspects have changed around the world that should affect how we tour WDW with our DD4?

Thanks!

Obviously, Toontown's gone and the Tiki Room has been updated (or maybe un-updated). I've heard that you can now get FPs to meet the princesses.

What other aspects have changed around the world that should affect how we tour WDW with our DD4?

Thanks!

Star Tours offers multiple adventures and is now in 3D.

Thanks!

You can get FP for Mickey & Minnie as well
There is a new interactive queue for Winnie the Pooh
Tink's M&G on the adventureland verandah
There is a new interactive queue for Haunted Mansion

What else: the prices. Seriously, I plan on going back one day but I have a terrible feeling that my last visit will be the final trip. Consider this: I was cleaning out my backpack and stumbled across a ticket from a few years back. A two day pass for ONE withOUT the hopper costs $168!! The old ticket I found had the date rubbed off because it's so old. It was a THREE day pass WITH hopper. Ready for the price?

Hold your breath and make sure nothing is in your mouth...:laughing:

$122:scared1:

And I think it has more to do with Disney raising the prices every nine months rather than inflation or cost of living index. One day, I'll be unable to go because the prices no longer feel like they're worth the trip when considering the airfare, hotel and meal costs.

Also new is the "Let the Memories Begin" Castle show before Wishes, which I thought was awesome. :thumbsup2

Oh and here's another trivial change...the plastic bags you get when you buy something changed. :upsidedow

They used to be baby-blueish with the image of Cinderella castle in the background and Mickey holding some balloons in the foregorund, and they had the words "Walt Disney World" in them.

Now they say "Disney Parks" and they have Cinderella's castle on one side and Sleeping Beauty's castle on the other.

:wizard:

Also new is the "Let the Memories Begin" Castle show before Wishes, which I thought was awesome. :thumbsup2

Yes! Definitely make time to watch it. It happens once about 15 mins before Wishes and then again I think around 10:30 or 10:45. At least these were the times when I went in July. It's really amazing. I'd highly recommend videotaping it. And the day you plan to watch it, go to some PhotoPass photographers in the MK and get some pictures taken. They may end up using your picture in the show. My friend and I got our picture with Mickey in it when we went. IMO, it's the best show Disney has introduced since Wishes.

You can get FP for Mickey & Minnie as well
There is a new interactive queue for Winnie the Pooh
Tink's M&G on the adventureland verandah
There is a new interactive queue for Haunted Mansion

Does that mean Ariel is gone?
My little DD loves Ariel and we are going in a week :yay:
DHS Mermaid show is down so I thought we would be ok to meet her in adventure land??

Yes! Definitely make time to watch it. It happens once about 15 mins before Wishes and then again I think around 10:30 or 10:45. At least these were the times when I went in July. It's really amazing. I'd highly recommend videotaping it. And the day you plan to watch it, go to some PhotoPass photographers in the MK and get some pictures taken. They may end up using your picture in the show. My friend and I got our picture with Mickey in it when we went. IMO, it's the best show Disney has introduced since Wishes.

I can't wait to see this. I absolutely LOVE Wishes and this sounds like a wonderful addition! :love:

Does that mean Ariel is gone?
My little DD loves Ariel and we are going in a week :yay:
DHS Mermaid show is down so I thought we would be ok to meet her in adventure land??

Ariel is in Adventureland - at the Veranda Porch (the fairies are inside). You'll find her on the right, just as you cross the bridge into Adventureland. If you hit the Dole Whip stand you've gone too far.

Ariel is in Adventureland - at the Veranda Porch (the fairies are inside). You'll find her on the right, just as you cross the bridge into Adventureland. If you hit the Dole Whip stand you've gone too far.

Thank you!!:thumbsup2

Phineas and Ferb M&G at DHS.:goodvibes
New Lego store with all new outdoor Lego displays in DTD
Splash Mountain has lap bars (not too exciting..but new!)

Those are the only three I can think of that haven't already been mentioned.:)

We just got back- the only thing that hasn't been said is if you do photopass and have previously had your photo taken at a resort lobby and just added to your photopass card at no cost - that is no longer being done.

We did it 2 yrs ago at WL and last year at GF. We been using them as subsitute for school pics and family portaits. I usually make our christmas card out of the pic too. This year they no longer do it as part of the photopass. You can however make an appt for $125 and spend 30 mins with a photographer and have it put on a CD.

I somehow must have missed it if it was reported here on the dis. We ended up going to MK and poising the kids on the wall infront of the train station. Individual shots came out great but the one with the kids all together not soo much. We did get a great pic from breakfast with Donald at Tusker house that I am considering for the family portait.

Oh--
Small world has new dolls added to it! It was closed last year.
Also Space mountain has music added in (i think it was done about a year ago)

Also read that if you purchase a ride pic that it would be added to your photopass at no cost. They are working on getting the machines changed over to do it. It was announced the day we left - we were at the train station when we found out. Bummer bc we did 2 different TOT pics.

Do try the Haunted Mansion interactive que- you have an option to do either-- it was alot of fun. We didn't have a line - just walked thru it but it was fun to play with. I am sure it would amuse anyone waiting in line

FP like crazy-- we found if we got a FP first thing in the morning our return time was w/in 45 mins. We were FP like crazy in MK and DHS.

i am sure i will think of more changes while I try to sleep in a while! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter