• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So what shoes are you wearing?

Princess Cindyrella

Earning My Ears
In the parks that is. I'm not a real fan of Crocs (for adults) and I don't find them that comfortable either... Gym shoes sound so hot. I'm more of a flip flops girl but I don't think they're appropriate either. Any suggestions on what's comfortable and maybe just a little stylish? ;)

I read these 2 posts that were recently going:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2374515&highlight=merrell+circuit+breeze

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2184500&highlight=merrell+circuit+breeze

After that, I purchased the following shoes (new) off ebay:

Merrell Circuit Breeze MaryJane. Retail price $90. I paid $40 on ebay:
http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Merrel...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1308928045&sr=8-1

Birkenstock Sydney (paid $35 on ebay):
http://www.amazon.com/Birkenstock-S...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1308928075&sr=1-1

I love the Merrell Circuit Breeze shoes. I don't think I could wear the Birkenstocks around Disney for any length of time - my toes and outter arch started aching. Maybe they are too new?

I loved the Merrell shoes SOOO much that I bought these Merrell Pansy flip flops recently (still waiting to get them):
http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-73088...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1308928136&sr=1-1

I don't think wearing flip flops for a great length of time in the park are a great idea, but I am going to bring those, my Teva Mush flip flops, the Merrell Circuit Breeze shoes and a pair of gym shoes - just in case.

Hope that helps!

I was wondering about this also. I am a flip flops person too! I hate sneakers and strappy sandles. I heard good thigns about Fit Flops so I went to try some on and talk to the sales staff. They praised them above anything else in the store. They did however try to sell me a size smaller than my normal. I wore them for 20 minutes and my legs ached. I took them back for the 7 and was so happy with them! I'm trying them out again today. So far so good.

I wear Nike Foam Fit flip flops and have had great success with them. But I alternate them with half a day in them half a day in supportive tennis shoes. I have severe feet issues and am not supposed to wear flip flops :rolleyes1 but I can't stand my feet being hot and after days in tennis shoes with all that walking I start to get blisters. I find the Nike's to be more supportive and provide more cushion than any other flip flops I've tried.

I also take my Privo by clarks tennis shoes (look like ballet flat/low top tennis shoes) and wear those a few days. They are great and don't look like traditional bulky tennis shoes.

We all wore our tennis shoes in the parks. I was there to have fun, not be stylish! I don't like flip-flops, but I see why people would want to wear them and not have hot feet.

I do a ton of camping and such but live in the south, so footware is important. For a park, tennis shoes are a must IMO. Too many people believe the fallacy that shoes will lead to hot feet. Completely false, hot feet are caused by socks, more specifically, the wrong kind of socks. Go to a Cabela's or Bass Pro and get a good pair of socks that will actually make your feet very comfortable both from heat and the pounding they will take.

i've had the best luck with sketcher's tone ups and fit flops... they're the same thing... just different brands/styles! i took 3 pair of them and never once put gym shoes on in 10 days in wdw!

I wear Dr. Scholl's version of the rocker style sneaker...the curves brand....and after 18 years of trips they are the most comfortable for me. I tried crocs and they just made my feet "burn" so I didn't care for them.

About the crocs...there are actually cute crocs on their site and not just those big clunky things. :rotfl: I love wearing crocs but not the ugly ones!

I'm a total flipflop girl, too. I had great luck this month wearing them in the parks. I alternated Volatile flipflops with Toms or my running shoes. Running shoes only for Epcot or DHS (no water rides). The key to flipflops is finding some that are super comfy to you, and wearing them ahead of time. I have two pairs of Volatile and they're the most comfy I've ever had; some of the ones touted on here are totally uncomfy to me. Completely personal decision. I do advise wearing some that are pretty sturdy and have at least a little support, but after that just make sure to try them on first. Zappos is great for that-- order a bunch and just send back the ones you don't like.

I wore new balance trail runners that I had broken in by wearing on walks and hikes over the months before our trip. Also wore some sort of sock from LL Bean that is supposed to help keep your feet cool. Worked great for me! Only downside was worrying about my shoes getting soaked on Kali River Rapids.

Tevas sandals with enough straps to keep them from falling off on rides where my feet dangle.

Welcome, Princess Cindyrella.

:)

Keens all the way. Learned about them here a couple years ago, now they're all i wear all summer, at the parks or not.

Too many people believe the fallacy that shoes will lead to hot feet. Completely false, hot feet are caused by socks, more specifically, the wrong kind of socks.

I agree with this....I walk a lot and always thought that cotton socks were the best for my feet, but discovered that "cotton is rotten" because they retain moisture. I now wear Fox River Athletic Wick Dry Socks.....they are comfy with extra cushioning under the feet... :thumbsup2

I do like sandals though and have some Clarks flip flops as well as walking sandals. They are both comfortable - wore them on alternate days on our last trip to WDW and will do the same this year.

Also I find that giving my feet a good soak in the tub at the end each day, then a foot massage with a bit of peppermint cream works wonders :thumbsup2

Birkenstock, well worn in, always at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter