• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

so what has been your favorite family vacation?

CRUISING...

ROYAL CARIBBEAN--FIRST CHOICE, BUT BASICALLY OVER PRICING THEMSELVES OUT OF MY BUDGET

CARNIVAL--price is right, and its a good time.

Love the southern caribbean the best..not a fan of the bahamas or the western caribbean.

We've had an awful lot of great experiences to pick from because we're not the type to do Disney every year. I do have to say that one trip we talk an awful lot about is our trip to Vegas a couple years ago. I'm sure that's gonna go over big with the superior parenting crowd, but eh, we still laugh and talk about that trip quite often.

I could begin to make a case for myself by stating Vegas was only one segment of a trip that included Disneyland in an attempt to ward off the pitchforks, but despite having a fabulous experience at DLR I suspect our Vegas experience was more memorable in many ways.

In 2007 when we lived in Nevada, we took the kids to Austin/San Antonio, TX. We spent 10 days at the Schlitterbahn Water Park resort. From the resort we visited many attractions in the surrounding areas as well as spent tons of time tubin and sliding at the water park. This was hands down without a doubt the best family vacation we ever took.

In 2012 we moved to Austin, TX and now we have season passes to Schlitterbahn!

We spent a week in the Mt. Rushmore/Black Hills/Badlands area a couple of years ago. Our boys still talk about it as one of their favorite vacations, and it was one of my favorites, also. I'd love to go back there again one day, but there are still so many other places I'd love to visit.

Currently planning a trip to Yellowstone Natl Park this summer, but this is just for DH and I as we celebrate our 30th anniversary.

Cruising from ocean to ocean through the Panama Canal. It was a dream vacation and a check off my bucket list.

Our favorites have been cruises (either Royal Caribbean or Carnival) and Branson. So much to do for everyone!

In 2007 when we lived in Nevada, we took the kids to Austin/San Antonio, TX. We spent 10 days at the Schlitterbahn Water Park resort. From the resort we visited many attractions in the surrounding areas as well as spent tons of time tubin and sliding at the water park. This was hands down without a doubt the best family vacation we ever took.

In 2012 we moved to Austin, TX and now we have season passes to Schlitterbahn!

Aw, that's awesome. My husband and I grew up with Schlitterbahn and so has my son. We started buying season passes when my son was 2... he's 15 now! Only downside, man have those tickets prices soared over the last decade!!

When I was a kid, my parents took my sister and me up the Pocono mountains for a long weekend. It was the first time we'd gone away as a family to somewhere other than the beach to visit my grandparents, and it was also the first time I stayed in a hotel that I could remember. I still recall it as a happy time and a great vacation. :goodvibes

I want to say Europe because it was the trip of a lifetime. But, as far as family vacations go, we had an incredible time at Atlantis. We all had a blast and can't wait to go back. Our best "family" vacation so far. Maybe more so than Disney.

2007--took the family on a two month long 6,000 mile RV trip. Sixty days exploring this awesome country! WDW pales in comparison.

Hawaii, hands down. Enjoyed it more than Disney, even (and no, we did not stay at the Aluani resort).
San Diego is a distant second.

As a kid, 6-week, 7,500 mile road trip out West.

As an adult w/o DW, Scotland/England

Married before kids, Orlando/Daytona (we did spend 1 day at AK)

With my kids, Road trip to South Dakota/Nebraska, Branson, Wisconsin Dells, Panama City Beach (loved them all for different reasons).

Keep them coming, I'm looking for ideas.

Our first Disney cruise was the best ever family vacation. Each one after has been fantastic too, but the first one was "magical" for each of us.

Pre-kids we vacationed A LOT (like every 2-3 months) because we could. But a trip to London right before our first was born was a huge highlight. DH and I went to the Big Island this past October (2013) for a week; just the two of us and we had a great time without the kids.

Post-kids, hands down our best vacation was in 2012 to Kauai. The kids have even told us they would rather not go back to Disney and just go back to Kauai!!

Grand Cayman for xmas and new years 2012/2013...............

My kids also love Mexico all inclusive resorts, but they enjoyed 3 weeks in Florida in 2009 more............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter