So, what happens when…..?

hmmerr02

Mouseketeer
OK, so I had a three night trip booked at VGF and went ahead and paid for the dining plan. Then my 1 night additional wait list came through. Currently, it is listed as a separate travel plan and I have not been asked, emailed, etc to add on the additional night for the dining plan. What will happen if I don't add it on? Anybody had this happen? I currently really only need 3 nights of dining and would prefer to not add on the 4th night if I don't have to. Any advice?

You will probably have to change rooms, checking out at 11 and in at 4.

:earsboy: Bill

I thought I would answer my own question in case it happens to someone else. I ended up calling to check on the situation. If you have already paid for a dining plan and a wait list comes through that effects your reservation in ANY way….they REFUND the dining plan and don't let you know! I would have shown up without any dining plan and had no idea. I guess I would have noticed the refund on my credit card but still wondered what happened. Just thought I would let everyone know. YOu have to call back and repurchase the dining plan.:confused3

Yes, but in your case, it didn't affect your existing reservation. You got a separate room for one night. If you are able to somehow merge them together (or if you cancel them all and try to get them back), then THAT will affect your dining plan.

Actually it did effect my current reservation. It went from 3 nights to 4 nights and I has only paid for DDP for 3. The system knew something didn't jive with that and issued the refund.

I had the BCV booked for 2 nights and then added an additional night. Since I had two confirmation numbers I could put the DDP on either reservation but did not have to do all nights.

I was able to then link the reservations and stay in the same room.

I had the BCV booked for 2 nights and then added an additional night. Since I had two confirmation numbers I could put the DDP on either reservation but did not have to do all nights.

if you didn't book a different room type, i'm pretty sure they have stopped allowed segmented stays like you are describing. if you had tried to add the DDP to part of the reservation, i believe it would be kicked out as the OP is describing. (but if someone tries and it works out, let us know.)

if you didn't book a different room type, i'm pretty sure they have stopped allowed segmented stays like you are describing. if you had tried to add the DDP to part of the reservation, i believe it would be kicked out as the OP is describing. (but if someone tries and it works out, let us know.)

It worked for me in February. I was doing a split stay at BCV with 2 night on DDP and 1 night not as there were 2 different reservations. Same category. Then I had a 2 night stay at GFV with 2 different reservation. Did delux DP for 1 day and not the other. Didn't have a problem with either reservation or the dinning plans.

I did have to go to the desk and check in for each new reservation.

I was not given the option of segmenting. The extra night was "magically" added on to the existing reservation even though it was taking the place of a night at another resort.

I just want to let people know to be warned in the case of wait listing and the dining plan. Watch your credit card and see if they refund the plan. You may need to re-buy so you don't show up without a plan at all:(

Hmm - we were just there in December for seven nights in two studios. Our day of arrival was waitlisted for both rooms/both came through. The next six nights were a separate reservation for both rooms. We linked the one night ressie and the six night ressie so that we wouldn't have to change rooms. Worked out great for us because we didn't want the dining plan for the first night but wanted it for the next six nights - we didn't have any problems at all. Nothing was cancelled and we paid for only six nights of the dining plan. It is two separate reservations so why would that happen?

Hmm - we were just there in December for seven nights in two studios. Our day of arrival was waitlisted for both rooms/both came through. The next six nights were a separate reservation for both rooms. We linked the one night ressie and the six night ressie so that we wouldn't have to change rooms. Worked out great for us because we didn't want the dining plan for the first night but wanted it for the next six nights - we didn't have any problems at all. Nothing was cancelled and we paid for only six nights of the dining plan. It is two separate reservations so why would that happen?

Per Disney policy the DDP has to be purchased for all nights of your reservation. If the reservations are linked, they affectively are one reservation.

Bottom line is they screwed up, I wouldn't count on it always happening especially since the loss in revenue has been pointed out here and Disney monitors this site.

Per Disney policy the DDP has to be purchased for all nights of your reservation. If the reservations are linked, they affectively are one reservation.

Bottom line is they screwed up, I wouldn't count on it always happening especially since the loss in revenue has been pointed out here and Disney monitors this site.

My reservation was linked and when I called to add the DDP the MS unlinked put the dinning plan on the reservation I wanted and then linked again. I'm sure not all MS would do this but she did.

The other reservation I added the dinning plan on line to the day(s) I wanted and called MS to link the reservation, again without a problem.

I'm glad I got lucky. Hope other do also.

My reservation was linked and when I called to add the DDP the MS unlinked put the dinning plan on the reservation I wanted and then linked again. I'm sure not all MS would do this but she did.

The other reservation I added the dinning plan on line to the day(s) I wanted and called MS to link the reservation, again without a problem.

I'm glad I got lucky. Hope other do also.

You will find that many of Disney's CM's don't know the policies and they will do all sorts of things. That's why Disney implements software restrictions forcing all CM's to follow policy. They are slow to implement software changes so some guests may get favorable perks, the problem is when CM's take something away in error or screws something up.

We have found that doing as much as we can ourselves has reduced errors and increased our satisfaction with the "club". Doing changes in written form via the member website has also reduced the MS errors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter