So what do you think about the "new" coffee at WDW?

Greg K.

Happy DVC Member, DIS Vet, and Catholic Deacon
I suffered through decades of the brutally bitter watery stuff from Nescafe, and so I was heartened to hear that Disney had finally switched to another vendor, Joffrey's.

The changeover happened sometime in 2013, evidently.

What's the scoop? Do you detect a noticeable improvement, especially at the resorts?

Also: I visited Joffrey's website and was impressed to see that they've launched a whole line of specialty coffees for the different restaurants they serve—so you can order your favorite from "Jiko" or "Artist's Point" online.

Any thoughts? :coffee:

I don't think it was a big improvement. Its still nasty. I just bring my starbucks VIA packets.

It has no flavor....not bad, not good, just hot. I was disappointed. I think *$ Via is the way to go...intriguing to put it in the coffee!!!

I would not say it is the best coffee I have ever had, but it is much better than Nescafé.

We are all coffee drinkers (prefer starbucks) in our household and seemed to enjoy this new blend Joffrey's WDW has now switched to. As a matter of fact my 20 yr old son asked us to buy some for home. I believe they were selling it in the gift shop at AKL? It certainly is a BIG change from the Nescafe...hands down.

As a person who doesn't care for the strong, bitter flavor of Starbucks, I think the new Disney coffee is fine...not the best, but an improvement over Nescafe.

And really, the Nescafe varied by location, it seemed. Olivia's at OKW generally had pretty good Nescafe, other locations, bleh.

When I see Joffrey, all I can think is, "I'm glad he's dead".

I'm a die hard Starbucks fan so I doubt it will be any good for my tastebuds.

yeah-- it's still garbage. I bring my own espresso machine and make starbucks lattes. If starbucks/disney were really smart, they would have put the coffee shops in the resorts instead of the parks. I guess they had to start somewhere. Maybe in the future.

yeah-- it's still garbage. I bring my own espresso machine and make starbucks lattes. If starbucks/disney were really smart, they would have put the coffee shops in the resorts instead of the parks. I guess they had to start somewhere. Maybe in the future.

I know, right?

I believe they were selling it in the gift shop at AKL?

:thumbsup2 We bought a bag of a Kenyan blend there. It was actually not my fave, but then I never get that type of coffee at home.

I actually quite like the Joffrey coffee. While I drink Starbucks espresso, I've only liked ONE of their drip coffees. The Joffrey is better than that IMO!

I've taken a shine to the Veranda blend blonde roast...which for instant coffee is really quite good and, by Starbucks standards, not too bitter or strong at all.

I prefer Dunkin, though, if I can get it. :thumbsup2

When we stayed at the BWV, I used to enjoy taking a stroll down to the Hess station early in the morning and buying their coffee and a box of Krispy Kremes.

Bliss. :goodvibes

Disney needs to replace the drip coffee makers with Keurig makers. I would gladly bring my own coffee if they had these machines.

I currently have a small Keurig in my owners locker and bring my own but that machine can be a pain when you have 6 or 7 people in the villa. Not as fast as a normal sized Keurig.

Disney needs to replace the drip coffee makers with Keurig makers. I would gladly bring my own coffee if they had these machines.

I currently have a small Keurig in my owners locker and bring my own but that machine can be a pain when you have 6 or 7 people in the villa. Not as fast as a normal sized Keurig.

I think this thread is only about the coffee sold in Disney restaurants and snack stands.

The "free" coffee included in the rooms is best avoided. The normal resorts have some form of pod maker and that was even worse than what we got in DVC rooms.

When I see Joffrey, all I can think is, "I'm glad he's dead".

I'm a die hard Starbucks fan so I doubt it will be any good for my tastebuds.

I also hope Tyrion survives. As for the coffee, the in-room coffee is no better than Nescafe. I'll just bring the Holiday Starbucks I hoarded during Christmas with me.

I could go with that. I own a mini Keurig and have a make it yourself k-cup with filters.

As to the Keurig suggestion, I pray it never happens because I do not like those at all. As to Joffrey's I first saw it in the room at BLT in Feb 2013; its adequate, nothing great, and the pre-pack filter is not really good for ten cups, more like max 6 cups if you want any strength to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter