So What Do you Pack To Support Your Electronics For 2 Weeks At WDW?

toomanycars

DIS Veteran
IMG_2119.jpg

• USB Cables
  • Batteries
  • Portable WiFi Router
  • Extension Cords
  • Extra Cell Phone
  • 12 Volt Chargers
  • Laptop Cable Locks
  • Small Camera
  • Extra SD Memory Cards
Whats on your list? What are your ideas for the ultimate electronics survival kit?

We've never travelled before, this is our first trip with 2 girls 6 and 9. We are just getting into the electronic thing too.

• No cell phone, don't have one.

• Laptop from work, no internet where we are staying so it's just to dump the camera card (I do expect to take about 1100 photos per day, my max with my w cards, so will have to dump every night.) Regular power cable for that.

• 2 DS Lites with charge cables and a single 12v cable.

• 3 MP3 players with charge cables and a single 12v cable.

• GPS with the 12v charge cable.

• Camera, no cables needed.

• 2 sets of 8 NiMH AA batteries for the camera. I can run all day on a single set and will have a backup.

• Charger for the NiMH batteries. Should only have to charge 1 set per day. If not, I'll leave in the morning with 1 set and put the 2nd set on charge to pick up when we take our mid-day break at the resort pool.

• two 4 gig camera cards.

• Would love to have the electric guitar and amp, but I don't think folks around the resort would like that very much, hehe :goodvibes

Besides the charging cable for my phone and camera. I bring a small AA bettery charger which works for a second camera and portable DVD player plus 4 extra batteries.

cell phone + charger
netbook + charger
wireless travel router
camera + charger
Kindle + charger

The rest of the family (husband and 3 kids) also bring laptops, cell phones and chargers. One or two may bring cameras; at least the kids bring Ipods; and some combination of two or three bring portable DVD players. Just as of last year they stopped bringing video game systems.
A few times I've brought my big DSLR camera and lenses, but I hate to carry it around and end up taking less pics. This year I'm in the market for a new pocket camera. Worst of all was before I got the netbook, I used to bring a huge 17" laptop with a charger the size of a small Buick.

Oh, Scarlet's post reminded me--we also bring a GPS navigation device for the rental car.

2 cell phones and their respective chargers
handheld video camera and charger -- we got a Kodak Playsport and it's SO COOL *and* it's waterproof, so you can take it on Kali River Rapids, to the pool, etc.
camera, charger, long lens, extra SD card
laptop, cord, laptop bag
dvds, kidtough headphones and audio feed splitter (for movies on plane through the laptop)
nintendo DSes and their chargers
pedometer

I used to bring the GPS, but there are no geocaches in the parks (other than the virtual ones I have already done), we don't have a car, and the pedometer provides a better measure of distance walked than the GPS (which doesn't measure indoors, but does measure when you're on a ride or on the bus if you forget to switch it off!).

No matter what we bring, I find that a multi outlet surge protector is the one thing to not forget. Otherwise you have various cords and items all over the room! And that can lead to forgetting something, especially if you end up with a flat battery charger behind a bed or table. Usually we can plug that in by the table/desk and then get most everything else we need plugged into it.

Only electronic thing we bring on a 10 day vacation is a digital carmera and wall charger.

Cell phone and all other stuff stay at home. It use a vacation is just that a vacation from everything and everyone - we leave our resort phone number with family for emergencies.

Our electronics travel bundle varies a great deal, but for the next trip, which is DD(6) and I:

2 laptops, each with 2 power supplies, a mouse, a trackball, a usb tenkey
1 cell phone
USB phone charging cable (and the conversion plug to use 110)
Batteries (AA, AAA, CR2032, possibly 9V)
Extension Cord/power strip x 2
12 V phone charger
Inverter
Small waterproof Camera, camera charger
Extra SD Memory Cards
Either the flip camera or the good camera with its charger/lenses/case (I might skip this, but.. its tempting)
2 ipod shuffles
kid's earphones (2pr)
ethernet cable (20ft)
2 thumb drives
a small stack of CD/DVD media
a few small screwdrivers
USB to VGA dongle
6ft VGA cable
stereo audio cable
lens/screen wipes
Possibly an external hard drive

It sounds like a lot, but other than the inverter and the phone's car charger (which live in the car at all times) it all fits in my laptop bag with room to spare.

HAHA WOW! That's a lot of stuff you got there. Camera battery charger ipod charger which is similar to my battery charger and phone charger. I put my phone and ipod with the chargers in my carry on (which is usually a huge purse with a change of clothes and my electronics) and my camera battery charger goes in my camera case which is like my second carry on. I never ever ever put my electronics in my suitcases!!! Anything valuable like a wallet or jewlery comes with me same goes for my ipod, camera,and phone. The most valuable thing I've put in my suitcase is my ipod doc/clock/radio.

Hah, I leave in 12 days and hadn't really started listing it until I posted, so now I'm revising and grouping in some useful manner

2 laptops
cell phone
Small waterproof Camera
2 ipod shuffles
nightlight

Batteries (AA, AAA, CR2032, D)
Extension Cord/power strip x 2
12 V phone charger
USB phone charging cable (and the conversion plug to use 110)
Inverter
2 power supplies for each laptop
camera charger
shuffle charger (USB)

mouse
trackball
10-key
kid's earphones
adult headset
USB webcam
USB to VGA dongle

extra SD cards
2 thumb drives
stack of CD media (5?)
external hard drive (If I can find one to clear)

ethernet cable (20ft)
a few small screwdrivers (0pt phillips, 1pt phillips, 1.5 mm slotted, 3mm slotted?)
6ft VGA cable
stereo audio cable
lens/screen wipes

I have this burning urge to take a 19" flat panel monitor too, so I think I need to be firm and limit myself to one bag of electronics, and put all of the rest of the work-related stuff in it too.

1 laptop + power brick + 8 gb thumb driver. (No mouse, no hard drive, no 10-key.)
3 cell phones, + 1 universal charger for them
1 DS, whichever one DS wants to take -- power for that is his problem.
1 DSL camera + the kids pocket camcorder
4 rechargeable batteries and the charger for those
compact power strip

When it got to the point that my electronics and supplies outweighed everything else I was packing, I started scouring the internet. Purchased an iGo charger with the tips for our respective electronics (phones, readers, MP3s, etc). Also got the splitter to allow us to charge two different items at once. Now everything fits into a very small bag that we keep in the carryon so we never forget it. Absolutely love it! When DS is along for the trip, he has his own set, so we can charge twice as much at a time. Also eliminates the need for a power strip (at least for us), though as DVC members, our accomodations usually have plenty of outlets anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter