So what did your flight cost?-

We booked via Jetblue for May out of Syracuse. $348 pp round trip ($174 pp each way), nonstop. Because its Jetblue, we have one checked bag per person and seat selection included in the fare. Other dates were available for far less cost but these were the perfect dates and great times (landing in Orlando at 9:40 am, and leaving Orlando at 7:30 pm so virtually full days at our disposal on both arrival and departure days).

We also paid an additional $40 pp each way to upgrade to Even More Space seats with Even More Speed (expedited security).

For those monitoring prices for March Break I just booked Southwest for $177.00 per person each way = $354.00 per person BUF to FLL. We are leaving Thursday at 5pm and returning Monday. For one day difference the price drop is worth the extra hotel night on the way back. We always travel a day ahead to ensure we are there for the cruise.

Air Canada Rouge
Dec. 12, return flight Dec. 20. (Montreal to MCO)
Direct flight.

794.70$ for 2 adults. (all taxes included)

We paid $1650 for 2 adults and 2 kids non stop from Toronto to Orlando for november with Westjet. I booked and 5 days later got an email with promo code' could have save additional $135 :( I was so mad for the whole day lol

Really??? Can I ask what time you are flying out????

We paid $2200 also for WestJet direct flight from Toronto, but October (and not the long weekend). I'm amazed at the difference. We even just checked prices now and it's gone up from what we paid.

Heading down to Port Canaveral for the Disney Fantasy cruise during March Break next year. Booked with Air Canada back in April as soon as the flights were released. A ridiculous price of $970 per person but we didn't want to wait for deals as these were flight times that worked perfectly for our schedule as there are 11 of us flying together.

Of course last week Air Canada sends us all an email to say both our flights there and back have been cancelled and they moved us to a later flight on Friday not arriving until almost midnight and the flight back is at 1pm, which is pretty tight for 11 of us to get back to the MCO airport from the port to make the flight.

Needless to say we are pretty PO'd and now comes the difficulties of trying to change flights for 11 people (2 groups of 4 and 1 group of 3) and ensure we all get on the same flights. And forget any pre-assigned seats we had book, geesh what a mess. Thanks Air Canada!

Heading down to Port Canaveral for the Disney Fantasy cruise during March Break next year. Booked with Air Canada back in April as soon as the flights were released. A ridiculous price of $970 per person but we didn't want to wait for deals as these were flight times that worked perfectly for our schedule as there are 11 of us flying together.

Of course last week Air Canada sends us all an email to say both our flights there and back have been cancelled and they moved us to a later flight on Friday not arriving until almost midnight and the flight back is at 1pm, which is pretty tight for 11 of us to get back to the MCO airport from the port to make the flight.

Needless to say we are pretty PO'd and now comes the difficulties of trying to change flights for 11 people (2 groups of 4 and 1 group of 3) and ensure we all get on the same flights. And forget any pre-assigned seats we had book, geesh what a mess. Thanks Air Canada!

Very annoying ...
Is it do able for the group to go a day earlier? Recover a day at the start anyway..:confused3

Very annoying ...
Is it do able for the group to go a day earlier? Recover a day at the start anyway..:confused3

I wish we could unfortunately 3 members of our group work for a school board, two of them as teachers which means they will be working on the Friday and are unable to take it off.

There is an earlier flight leaving at 5:15 instead of the 6:40 flight we were originally booked on but it basically requires my DW to be off school property by 2pm. It is very difficult to pre-arrange an early departure on the Friday before March Break since I'm sure all teachers would love the option to vacate the school property as early as possible.

Can u get a refund from AC? Maybe going to Buffalo on Southwest would work better. Way note flight times and the wait time and security at Pearson you could probably drive to Buffalo and through security in the time that it took u at Pearson.
Or Allegiant from Niagara Falls?

Hi all, I was looking to book Southwest for March break as well. Did not see any cheap flights to MCO, so we decided to change things up and go to Fort Lauderdale. Got one flight for 315.00 CDN and 2 for 345.00 CDN return. Direct flights from Buffalo. Good flight times as well. Only thing now is I am finding hotels a lot more expensive then Orlando!

I wish we could unfortunately 3 members of our group work for a school board, two of them as teachers which means they will be working on the Friday and are unable to take it off.

There is an earlier flight leaving at 5:15 instead of the 6:40 flight we were originally booked on but it basically requires my DW to be off school property by 2pm. It is very difficult to pre-arrange an early departure on the Friday before March Break since I'm sure all teachers would love the option to vacate the school property as early as possible.

DW is a a teacher here in TO. For March 2013 we did the late SW direct from BUF. DW left school when the bell rang. I had the kids and bags waiting for her and we were on the road to BUF before 4. We were at the airport just after 6 pm. Plane ended up being delayed by about 45 min. Stayed at the MCO Hyatt since we got in so late and used the DCL transfer the next morning to get to the Fantasy. It is doable, but it was stressful.

Hi all, I was looking to book Southwest for March break as well. Did not see any cheap flights to MCO, so we decided to change things up and go to Fort Lauderdale. Got one flight for 315.00 CDN and 2 for 345.00 CDN return. Direct flights from Buffalo. Good flight times as well. Only thing now is I am finding hotels a lot more expensive then Orlando!

Hotels are high because the FL break and our break are the same week. Also, because the weather in Ft. L is much warmer than central FL.

Can u get a refund from AC? Maybe going to Buffalo on Southwest would work better. Way note flight times and the wait time and security at Pearson you could probably drive to Buffalo and through security in the time that it took u at Pearson.
Or Allegiant from Niagara Falls?

Thas greenclan67, I've definitely been looking at all options. The SW option out of Buffalo looks reasonable and is under consideration. It's not much cheaper then AC, but the travel time is definitely preferred. I'm a little concerned about a 7:45 flight time though, given we are on starting on the east side of Toronto at best 3:30. 407 definitely helps but still feels very rushed. It's an hour later, but it'd only be another 1h 15m on top of the 40 minute drive to Pearson, not taking into consideration the boarder crossing at 5ish on the Friday of March Break.

DW is a a teacher here in TO. For March 2013 we did the late SW direct from BUF. DW left school when the bell rang. I had the kids and bags waiting for her and we were on the road to BUF before 4. We were at the airport just after 6 pm. Plane ended up being delayed by about 45 min. Stayed at the MCO Hyatt since we got in so late and used the DCL transfer the next morning to get to the Fantasy. It is doable, but it was stressful.

Definitely sounds more stressful on the way down but much less stressful for the trip home, which I think is more important. But then again, the flight back doesn't matter if you don't make the flight down.

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them all!

Thas greenclan67, I've definitely been looking at all options. The SW option out of Buffalo looks reasonable and is under consideration. It's not much cheaper then AC, but the travel time is definitely preferred. I'm a little concerned about a 7:45 flight time though, given we are on starting on the east side of Toronto at best 3:30. 407 definitely helps but still feels very rushed. It's an hour later, but it'd only be another 1h 15m on top of the 40 minute drive to Pearson, not taking into consideration the boarder crossing at 5ish on the Friday of March Break.

!

I would not even attempt that. I live in Oakville and we allow 4 hours prior to flight time to get to BUF on a normal day(this does give about a 30-40 minute cushion). On that MB Friday, for myself, I would allow 5 hours. I have crossed into the US on a few different holiday-ish weekends and the border wait time can be very bad. The worst I've seen so far was on a Saturday when July 1 was on the Monday....the lines were 2-3 hours long by 10am. There was a large group of us flying to MCO and about half missed the flight.

Understood..frustrating.
The travelling to and from is always the least enjoyable part of the trip to me :confused3 when they throw a curveball in..even more so.

I would not even attempt that. I live in Oakville and we allow 4 hours prior to flight time to get to BUF on a normal day(this does give about a 30-40 minute cushion). On that MB Friday, for myself, I would allow 5 hours. I have crossed into the US on a few different holiday-ish weekends and the border wait time can be very bad. The worst I've seen so far was on a Saturday when July 1 was on the Monday....the lines were 2-3 hours long by 10am. There was a large group of us flying to MCO and about half missed the flight.

Totally agree, I'm in Oakville also and not a chance would I attempt.
The border waits can be bad at anytime but on a Friday Saturday and holiday weekend factored in, not a chance. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter