• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, what did you do your last day in VMK?

hightp

Earning My Ears
I don't see a thread like this, but if one already exists, please feel free to delete it.

I got on when I got home from work, yesterday. All I did was take one last walk around. I even collected the credits from the NPCs. I was suprised to see that there were over 4,000 players by the time I signed on, for the past few months I haven't seen more than 2,500.

Anyhoo, I visited a lot of the original rooms, and spent a last few minutes in my own room. Whenever I walked through the rooms I activated one of my magic pins, and said 'Be seeing you!' to whoever was there.

At the end, I went back to my own room, got a drink of water from my fountain, sat in my Blue Nemo Chair, and signed off. It was a quiet end, and I left in my Nautilus room, surrouned by my favorite items from the Happiest Virtual Place on Earth.

Be seeing you.

After I got home from school/work (I'm a teacher), I signed on to continue taking pictures in my Everest room. A random guy came in to do to the same. Then he scammed me of my inferno, haha. I started a thread about this because I was REALLY upset, but I'm much better today because I brought my flats to work and had fun with Ninja (because today she's finally experiencing the REAL world!).

Anyway, the lag was bad so I couldn't get in one last game of Fireworks or Mansion, but it was okay. I spent some time with my best friend, HowWeird. We signed off a little less than an hour and a half before closing (I wouldn't have been able to function on so little sleep if I stayed up until 1AM ... plus, I wanted to close VMK by choice, not because it was closed on me).

We went to our shared room and sat in some of our favorite chairs in that room to take more pictures. Then we both got into our Tron cabinets and rotated them towards each other. I said, "I glove you Weird" and he replied, "I glove you Ninja." Then we both signed off.

If there was such thing as a "perfect" end to VMK, that was it for us. Nothing more needed to be said.

Last week I had taken pictures of all my rooms.

Last night I visited various friends, hung out in public room as much as possible as the lag in guest rooms was terrible, bought magic for people with my left over credits, gave mickey ears to those who didn't have them, and did the Final Mickey Dancing in the Castle Forecourt!

My daughter and I spent some time walking around the park, saying good-bye. Then we went to my room, I finally got the castle room over the weekend, went to her room. Put my dog in her room with her dogs, so nobody was left by themselves. We then went to the castle forecourt, and said goodbye to Walt and Mickey, and then we counted down and signed off at the same time. I feel like a lost a friend today. And I actually cried watching some of the conversations last night, I watches as one girl begged another girl to not "ever forget" her. It made me sad.

I spent most of the day in and out of host rooms, hanging out with friends, hanging out with some folks from the DIS, taking pictures, and gifting some items. The last 3 or so hours were spent in Sunny's room, with my best friend Acemicfan and his brother Jakemicfan and Sweet and Rob and BrainyBird and a bunch of people I didn't know, lagging almost 20 minutes behind everyone else but dancing and taking tons of photos of the many staff members who visited. We were all in a group hug with Sunny at the end. :sad1:

i just said goodbye to everyone and i was with ppl in their rooms as they logged off(i was with ill when he logged off) and right before i left i said goodbye to dude and then tink came and said goodbye to me and then i took a pic with travel, then i sent everyone a goodbye message and logged off.

Btw ill if u read this right before u logged off i saw u at sci-fi-dine-in and when i clicked on u it said illusionistic but when i just put my mouse on ur character it said soaring bright ocean. hmm idk i have a picture somewhere idk how to post it though

I spent it saying goodbye to pretty much everyone i saw on my friends list, the hosts, some vmks.

It was a very special day, so special I got over the fact I got knocked off just before the 10 minute warning very quickly.

My friends are the best!

Spent the night saying goodbyes and giving as much fun stuff to others as I could. Closed the night with friends in one of their rooms.

On a personal note, I decided to play one last fireworks game (had to be convinced by a friend lol), and ended up breaking 9000 one last time. I'm waiting for your video, Pirate! ;) ;)

I also spent the night venting and mourning with my wife. Venting about how the game ended up and why, and mourning over our mutual loss...of course, that continues through today. :(

Logged in at opening, then started gathering everyone who was in any public room I went to for final screen shots (I almost got every room). Saw VMK_Pirate and thanked him. Went into two DISers rooms, said goodbye to a few friends, and went to my rooms and took pictures. Then I went to the Picture Taking room with VMK_Red, Shorty, and Butterfly. Red left but Shorty took her place, and I had really good talks with them all. Then I went around and people were really generous. Someone gave me 3 Hannah Montana pins and Princess from here gave me a bunch of magic and a space suit and pink ears. Pinktiatia gave me Dreams ears which was amazing, and I really thank you. Also PrincessPaisley let me wear her Sparrow outfit and my sister logged on at the moment and I went to her room and we both took pictures with the Sparrow outfit and ToT bellhop outfit. Then I went and gave the Sparrow back to Princess, and then me and my sister did alot of stuff. Taking pictures in her rooms, and we rode Alice in Wonderland and went and played Mansion one last time. While waiting in the Courtyard for my sister, I messaged VMK staff thank you and VMK_Flamingo came in the room and took a picture with me, which was great cause I accidently got booted for room cause of lag. Then we closed in the Espanlade after taking her pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter