So, what about May ?

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
I've been reading the spring break threads, and now have a question..........

We are planning our next trip for mid-late May 2004.Does anyone have any insight about what the crowds are like then?I am thinking of planning for closer to mid May, in order to avoid heavier crowds as school gets out for the summer.
We are homeschooling this year so we don't have to worry about scheduling during specific school break dates.

:smooth:

Thankyou!

HI! I went with a couple of friends the last week of May a few years ago. I remember it being quite hot.

I am planning my DD first trip for May also. It looks like we will be going the first week. :)

Next year will bethe first time we DONT go in May, due to school schedules....but we love May. Yes, the weather is hot, but the humidity isnt bad, plus the crowds really light, unless you go on Memorial Day wkd. Also the F&G festival at Epcot is in full bloom and it's so gorgeous!!!

I have been in the beginning to middle of May in 96, 97, 98, 2000, 2001 and 2003. I love this time. The crowds are usually easy to deal with except at the MK on Saturdays and the MK and the Studios on magic morning days and even then it is not really terrible. There have been some days at MK and Epcot where everything had 10 minute and less waits with lots of walk ons. The weather has been quite different from year to year. Two times it has been in the mid 90's the whole trip. Other times it has varied from mid 80's to low 90's and once it was in the high 70's to mid 80's.

I've gone in May several times. We love it at that time of year because the crowds are not very large and there is very little rain. Last time we were there in May (2002), it was a little too cool to swim on 3 of our days, then it got really hot.

I love the Garden Festival at Epcot at that time of year, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I say go for it and have fun!!

YEAH!
Thats what I was hoping to hear ;-)

Thanks for your replies everyone! I think we may try early May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter