So we don't get the Mickey luggage tags anymore

LoveMMC

Mouseketeer
Every year we get the magical express yellow tags and Mickey luggage tags.
Today we got the yellow tags and a letter for our August trip. Called and asked for the cute luggage tags to be sent and after 20 minutes I was told Canadians don't get them anymore.
I heard people called and asked for them, but she said no.

Last year we got them when we arrived at our resort, same as with the Magic Bands. Did you book a package?

We booked the package through Disney. On the phone she said we can ask if they had any extra at the resort. I am hoping we get them with the magic bands! It's such a minor issue, but I would really like one!

We booked the package through Disney. On the phone she said we can ask if they had any extra at the resort. I am hoping we get them with the magic bands! It's such a minor issue, but I would really like one!

If we don't get them, when we check in I will ask, we pay the same for packages as anyone else, so it is fair that we get the same stuff. I understand them not shipping them but we should still receive them

Guessing the CM on the phone may not actually know what Canadians get & gave you the wrong info? Sadly, many telephone CMs don't always know what's what. If you booked the Magic Your Way pkg, your luggage tags should def be waiting for you in an envelope and given to you at check-in along w your magic bands. Just like American guests, they should colour match your magic bands. I received mine at check-in in Feb. :thumbsup2

edited to add: for yrs, Cdns used to get the basic plastic luggage tags in the mail along with our yellow tags. But with the new "cute" edition tags, they are not mailed to Canada but are picked up at check-in.

I wonder what happens for those that decline the Magic Band (using previous bands) and/or do express check-in that bypasses the front desk with the room number sent via text. Hmmmm.....guess we'll need to drop by the front and beg for leftovers...

My solution is to make my own--cut--laminate--hole punch
Hugs Mel
tag4_zps8ambpmyh.jpg

A fellow DISigner Dee Hill
has some that you can personalize and print for yourself
Link here

http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/deehill2/library/Luggage Tags?sort=4&page=1

Last edited:
I wonder what happens for those that decline the Magic Band (using previous bands) and/or do express check-in that bypasses the front desk with the room number sent via text. Hmmmm.....guess we'll need to drop by the front and beg for leftovers...
Even if you decline the band, you should still get the new luggage tag at the front desk (maybe a gray one?). They no longer have the band and tag in the presentation cardboard box. Just the band and tag separately. When I was there last, they retrieved them from separate drawers so don't think the tag is dependent on having a band.

Re express check-in, I do this too but still have to go to the front desk upon arrival. Separate line for Express Online Check-In guests that is supposed to be faster. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it isn't. Last I was there, they were not texting international (just to US numbers) so Cdns couldn't get their room number texted. But maybe that has changed in the past 6 months or so? You may also have a US number?

Disney doesn't text international numbers.

Even if you decline the band, you should still get the new luggage tag at the front desk (maybe a gray one?). They no longer have the band and tag in the presentation cardboard box. Just the band and tag separately. When I was there last, they retrieved them from separate drawers so don't think the tag is dependent on having a band.

Re express check-in, I do this too but still have to go to the front desk upon arrival. Separate line for Express Online Check-In guests that is supposed to be faster. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it isn't. Last I was there, they were not texting international (just to US numbers) so Cdns couldn't get their room number texted. But maybe that has changed in the past 6 months or so? You may also have a US number?

No, it hasn't changed. We were just there in June, and we got an email saying that our room was ready.

Thank you very much Pkltm and Samsteele. That makes me so happy.

We were just there in June - got our fancy new tags with our MagicBands on checkin :) It sucks that you don't get them in advance of the trip, so you can actually use them, and it sucks that we can't decorate our MagicBands like people in the US can. Disney seems to have no problem sending me DVC info by overnight courier, but God forbid they mail me some plastic bracelets.

and it sucks that we can't decorate our MagicBands like people in the US can.
I agree. A small work around is to order band stickers through eg magicyourband and then pack them for WDW and apply there. Prices in US$ so not great but still fairly reasonable and incredibly fast shipping from the UK. I was very happy with my order. Had no trouble applying them on site & held up well.

They were waiting for my sister with her magic bands, Im not sure if its because my whole family in my room chose purple bands but there was nothing there with our bands.

We have a Roam Mobility Plan (https://www.roammobility.com/) that we use each trip that gives us an Orlando phone number so we can receive texts from Disney and jealous family members back home in Canada. It's nice being able to go directly to the room when we're in a Moderate with rooms spread out and a rental car. This time we'll be using DME and staying at WL/AKL so we'll have to walk by the front desks anyways. Hopefully, they'll have some different coloured bag tags besides gray though.

On a related note, we do have stronger rubber Disney Character luggage tags that we use permanently now (https://www.amazon.ca/Disney-Mickey...469232872&sr=8-2&keywords=disney+luggage+tags). Unfortunately, we've used some of the Disney World legacy bag tags for other trips around the world and sadly, the tags broke off leaving our bags stranded in another country. We now leave the rubber ones on the outside and put the Disney supplied tags inside the bag to identify us in case the tags ever break off again (along with the airline bag sticker which came off in our case). The airport told us we would have had our bags back sooner if we left contact information inside the bag. Live and learn. But I still want my new Disney World luggage tags.....

They were waiting for my sister with her magic bands, Im not sure if its because my whole family in my room chose purple bands but there was nothing there with our bands.

Hi Sara
Just wanted to say I love the Kermit,
he kind of looks like me the day before a Disney trip.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter