So, we are SUPPOSED to go on the 3 day Dream cruise...

This may be wishful thiking on my part, but looking at the map above (and Ive been following the NHC) it looks like it will still be south of Fl on Thursday morning. Have you seen something different. I'm just trying to watch everything I can because we fly in on Thursday morning...or we may be driving Wed night, LOL!

From most things I've seen, it looks like Thursday will be okay, but a video we watched (I want to say on weather.com :confused:) mentioned it may hit Florida Thursday. I'm not listening to that one ;) Guess we'll have to hope for the best and just sit tight and wait....

From most things I've seen, it looks like Thursday will be okay, but a video we watched (I want to say on weather.com :confused:) mentioned it may hit Florida Thursday. I'm not listening to that one ;) Guess we'll have to hope for the best and just sit tight and wait....

I'm with you! :thumbsup2 But I just know with my luck this thing will speed up and we will end up with a disaster getting there. I know all we can do is wait at this point, but I'n not very good at that. :rolleyes1

Well, I am sitting at AKL prior to my cruise Thursday....praying that it bears left and head to the gulf or gets through the Bahamas by Wed/Thur. The Weather Channel has it hitting maybe being northern FL/GA by Friday.

I told my kids that the Captain will keep us out of the storm and hopefully we make it to CC on Saturday. Never a Dull Moment....

First time at AKL...very nice.....:thumbsup2

Doesn't look like a great week to be on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary! Or it could be *very* exciting.

Let's hope the storm fizzles out.

I suppose this makes it a good thing that DCL only has to worry about the Dream's itinerary to the Bahamas. The Magic is still in Europe for another few weeks.

Well, I am sitting at AKL prior to my cruise Thursday....praying that it bears left and head to the gulf or gets through the Bahamas by Wed/Thur. The Weather Channel has it hitting maybe being northern FL/GA by Friday.

I told my kids that the Captain will keep us out of the storm and hopefully we make it to CC on Saturday. Never a Dull Moment....

First time at AKL...very nice.....:thumbsup2

I'm here too at AKL(Kidani) with my niece and going on the Dream Thursday. I am watching this soooo closely. So far it looks like we should be ok to board on Thursday and as long as we get to CC on Sat I will be happy. Nassau, if we make it great, if we don't, oh well. We don't have much planned for Nassau anyhow, I'd be fine with an at sea day.\

"who invited Irene to cruise with us?!" lol that was my moms response when i told her about the tropical storm. i am also sailing on the dream this Thursday, flying into Florida Wednesday evening.. and its our first cruise and im getting MARRIED on the cruise lol. 1/2 the family is flipping out... as for me, i look at it this way.. weather is one of the many things i have no control over. and as long as the captains can keep us all safe i am still very very excited! i am hoping, wishing, praying, that this storm either fades away or takes a different track. It's all in God's hands now.

Hurricane season is actually June to November.:flower3:

unless it's one of those once in a hundred year seasons where it goes may to January like a few seasons ago.

Weather is unpredictable until it's is really close. just keep an eye on it like most of us Floridians are.

"who invited Irene to cruise with us?!" lol that was my moms response when i told her about the tropical storm. i am also sailing on the dream this Thursday, flying into Florida Wednesday evening.. and its our first cruise and im getting MARRIED on the cruise lol. 1/2 the family is flipping out... as for me, i look at it this way.. weather is one of the many things i have no control over. and as long as the captains can keep us all safe i am still very very excited! i am hoping, wishing, praying, that this storm either fades away or takes a different track. It's all in God's hands now.

Congratulations....I am so thrilled for you....

We will be on the cruise with you, now I am praying for good weather for you not me....

The day I got married we had a liitle rain and hail and then a rainbow came out over the ocean and that was in April....

Best wishes for many years of happiness:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

It's not looking good for Castaway Cay. Right now they have Irene at a cat 3 when it hits the Bahamas. We went to CC after hurricane Frances went through in 2004. It was a sad looking place. I hope Irene doesn't do major damage.

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

It's not looking good for Castaway Cay. Right now they have Irene at a cat 3 when it hits the Bahamas. We went to CC after hurricane Frances went through in 2004. It was a sad looking place. I hope Irene doesn't do major damage.

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

This is looking as if it is becoming more serious. Please take care and good luck to all.

well according to the picture above.. it should be in the Bahamas when we are leaving the port.. so on positive note, we shouldn't run into any complication with flying to Florida and/or docking in Port Canaveral. Best case senerio it moves in when we move out and it moves out when we come back in .. like tagging behind it lol. keeping my fingers crossed!

You wanted it to be memorable, right? Congrats. My wife and I briefly looked at renewing our vows onboard, but decided we want to go back to Vegas and get married by Elvis instead.

well according to the picture above.. it should be in the Bahamas when we are leaving the port.. so on positive note, we shouldn't run into any complication with flying to Florida and/or docking in Port Canaveral. Best case senerio it moves in when we move out and it moves out when we come back in .. like tagging behind it lol. keeping my fingers crossed!

While I understand being hopeful (god knows I would be in this situation as well...) The map above states the center of the storm system will be in the bahamas On Thursday... Currently the storm is 300-350 miles wide.. With a forecasted strength of Category 3 (considered a MAJOR hurricane) in other words.. I wouldn't expect the ship to be anywhere near the port on thursday IF that track /forecast holds.

Not trying to be debbie downer, just trying to bring a logical angle to the map.. I am surprised disney has no official position yet? it's PM Monday already!?

We were on the Magic in 04 (I believe) after Francis and yes, they had just replanted trees but all the vegitation was brown from the salt water....we were skirting another tropical storm/hurricane and had some 26 footers on Thursday.....looks like you might be visitig Key West.....

We are getting married on the 26th on the Dream too -- scheduled for 12:30pm while we're in Nassau... I wonder what they will do if we get out to sea, but can't go to port? Or worse, what if they cancel the cruise all together... no wedding??? :-( I'm so sad and nervous right now. I know the gamble you take booking this time of year, but it still stinks...

You can still get married on the 26th. You may just need to be flexible on how.

Now before anyone lambasts me for that piece of advice- I was flexible enough not to go into hysterics on my wedding day when someone threw up down the front of my dress during the middle of the vows.

22 years later and the marriage is still in place. It has made for some good after the fact stories, and several contest wins for life's most embarassing moment since then. (Hubby had the flu. )

So as long as you get married, don't sweat the small stuff,
NW

Not Disney, but to show how cruise lines will change itineraries, from cruisecritic this is what has happened to Carnival and Royal Caribbean ships already sailing in the area this week:

Cruise Ship Itinerary Changes

Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Pride, which left Baltimore on Sunday for a week-long Bahamas and Florida cruise, will sail a revised route. The ship will now visit Port Canaveral (Tuesday, instead of Wednesday) and Freeport (Wednesday), after which the line will determine the remainder of the itinerary based on Irene's projected path.

Carnival Triumph, which sailed from New Orleans on Saturday for a week-long Bahamas and Florida cruise, is swapping its Bahamas calls for visits to Western Caribbean ports. The new route includes stops in Key West (Tuesday, as planned), Cozumel (Wednesday) and Progreso (Thursday).

Carnival Destiny, which departed Miami on Monday for a five-night cruise to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau, will instead visit Key West (Tuesday), Cozumel (Wednesday) and Costa Maya (Thursday).

Carnival Conquest, which left Galveston on Sunday for a week-long Bahamas and Florida cruise, will now sail a Western Caribbean itinerary. The new route calls for visits to Costa Maya (Wednesday), Cozumel (Thursday) and Progreso (Friday).

Carnival Victory had to cancel Monday's call at St. Thomas and is proceeding to Barbados for its scheduled call on Wednesday. Spokesman Vance Gulliksen said the line is still evaluating the remainder of the itinerary. Victory is on a seven-night cruise from San Juan.

Carnival Liberty, in the midst of a seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise from Miami, is stopping at Grand Turk Monday instead of spending the day at sea as originally planned. The line is evaluating the remainder of the itinerary.

Carnival Miracle, which embarked from New York Thursday on an eight-night Eastern Caribbean cruise, is sailing an altered itinerary. Instead of visiting San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk, the ship is now calling on Grand Turk (Monday) and Half Moon Cay (Tuesday).

Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean has reversed the itinerary for Oasis of the Seas, which left Fort Lauderdale on Saturday for a week-long Western Caribbean cruise. The ship is now visiting Cozumel on Monday; spending Tuesday at sea; calling on Falmouth, Jamaica on Wednesday; and visiting Labadee, the line's private peninsula in Haiti, on Thursday. Oasis will spend Friday at sea before returning to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday as scheduled.

Freedom of the Seas, which left Sunday from Port Canaveral on a week-long Western Caribbean cruise, is sailing a reversed itinerary. The ship is now calling on Cozumel (Tuesday), Grand Cayman (Wednesday), Falmouth, Jamaica (Thursday) and Labadee (Friday).

Oasis' sister ship, Allure of the Seas, is visiting all the ports originally scheduled on its week-long Caribbean cruise, but in a slightly different order. The ship will visit Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday (August 27) instead of Monday (August 22). Visits to St. Thomas (Wednesday) and St. Maarten (Thursday) will take place as planned.

Royal Caribbean has scrambled the order for Serenade of the Seas' seven-night Southern Caribbean cruise, which left from San Juan, Puerto Rico on Sunday. The ship is now visiting Aruba (Tuesday), Curacao (Wednesday), St. Kitts (Friday) and St. Thomas (Saturday).

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4582

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter