So Upset - We leave in 14 days with a broken humerus!

koleta@mickey

All Things Disney
OK, soooo upset :sick:

My poor husband was pitching in a baseball game and on only his second pitch of the game completely broke his humerus, yes, just by pitching the ball~ Thats the big upper bone in your arm for those of you that don't know...

He also has nerve damage and cannot move his hand, so having surgery to put the bone back together and pray that the nerve is going to be ok! He works with his hand (tattoo artist), so this is really not good!

We are not cancelling our trip, just so bummed, and hope he will be ok and up to having some fun! Especially since we are treating his dad to a trip with us and have lots of fun dinners, tours, etc planned.

Wish us luck with our trip please, I am so worried about him!

Oh Jees! So sorry for him. I hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Try and relax about your trip....You will be in Disney after all. Even if he is really limited as to what he can do it will still be fun.

We went in August and I was having back "issues". Believe it or not it wasnt until two days before that I realized I won't be going on any of my favorites! (Dont even know what I was thinking!) Still had a fabulous time :goodvibes

Good luck to him and to a speedy recovery.

Oh no!! Been there, done that. About 5 years ago I broke my humerus in a skiing accident just a few weeks before my WDW trip.

When you break the humerus they don't cast it, you just get a brace and a sling. It was awful, I could not lie down to sleep, and it was very painful.

I ended up going on the trip, but we were only there for one night before we canceled and came home.:sad1:

I am sending you guys some pixie dust:wizard: and I hope his surgery goes well.

Thanks for the pixie dust, please keep sending it, I have a feeling we will really need it this trip!

:flower3:

Pixie dust!!!! Hope the surgery goes well!

Last year my DS (11) broke his arm 1 week before we left! I felt sick!! He did not need surgery but the cast was from his hand to his shoulder! We did have the cast changed before we went and had a waterproof cast put on! It was so light and he could get it wet!

Wishing you a wonderful trip!!:wizard:

Hope he gets better. Patch him up and bring him along. He does not have to do everything, but he can still enjoy himself. Remember, it only takes one hand to eat and drink.......:drinking1

been there so i feel for you...dh broke his foot shortly before one of our trips. i ended up pushing him in a wheelchair the whole time. but it was still a blast!! so don't worry - you will be on vacation and in disney world :thumbsup2

I am so sorry to hear about your news. Just think of it this way, if your husband isn't up to everything you are still at disney and will have a great time either way. I hope all goes well with his surgery. I am sending lots and lots of pixie dust your way!!

In addition, you might want to talk to the person who will be removing the cast. Have a line drawn on the cast where it will be cut for removal. Then bring along some "Sharpies" and have the characters autograph the cast, asking them to make sure their signature does not directly cross the line.

Once the cast is removed and fully dried out, you will then have a very unusual souvenir of the trip.

So... I am guessing you are not finding this humorous? :lmao:

I am sorry, I just had to say it. Here's hoping your husband's injury and surgery go well, he has a speedy recovery, good outcome, and you have a wonderful trip!

Pixie Dust and Lots of Good Wishes, too. What a bummer! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and for a nice Disney trip in spite of everything. :wizard::wizard:

Aunt Bee

my humerus just below the shoulder ball a couple of years ago right before our Disney trip. There was even a crack through the ball.

I made it through our trip relatively unscathed. I didn't attempt Everest or Rockin' Roller Coaster but did do Big Thunder, Splash Mountain and Dinsoaur. Dinosaur was the hardest because of the open vehicle and the rough ride.

Good luck

You are all really helping lift my spirit with your pixie dust, humor, ideas (I really like the cast idea), and your well wishes.

We will be in Disney after all, I guess I can rent him a cabana by the pool everyday and just let him get waited on by a cabana boy or girl! If he is not up to feeling like going from park to park with us the whole time.

Thanks everyone!

As my DH said when he went to WDW with a broken foot "If I have to be miserable, there's no better place to do it!"

Just relax and enjoy!

Beth

In addition, you might want to talk to the person who will be removing the cast. Have a line drawn on the cast where it will be cut for removal. Then bring along some "Sharpies" and have the characters autograph the cast, asking them to make sure their signature does not directly cross the line.

Once the cast is removed and fully dried out, you will then have a very unusual souvenir of the trip.

What a great idea!!!

I hope his surgery goes well and your trip is awesome!!!!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter