• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So... update on the BCV resale... we GOT IT!!!

poohnpiglet3

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited to finally become one of you all!!! Today, a listing for BCV came up through the site sponsor (I didn't want to say who it was through before because, well, you know!!) Anyway, Jason called me today after I emailed him this morning letting him know we were interested in contracts anywhere from 200 to 270 points.

What are the chances that TODAY a contract of 270 points at the BCV would come up?? Well, he called, 10 minutes later, I called him back and got the details. The price per point was $75, with 224 points available for the '04 UY and another full 270 coming available in March of '05.

I told him I needed to verify that it was ok with my hubby and then called him back and let him know we'd like to put in an offer of $72 per point.

About 10 minutes later he called and told me he left the seller a message, that he'd let me know when he found out if the offer was accepted. I told him that we were willing to pay the full $75 if the seller wouldn't accept the other offer.

It's a good thing we did, about a half an hour later, Jason called back and told us our offer of $72 was accepted (!!!) and also said that in the last 10 minutes, another couple had wanted to make an offer for the contract through another realtor there. We really just made it! He said that if I hadn't told him that we would go up to $75, the full asking price, that the other couple would have snatched up the contract.

Can I tell you how excited I am that we got the exact number of points we wanted???!!!

The funny thing is that we are able to buy 270 points at BCV for the same purchase price that we were going to be able to buy 220 points of SSR through Disney. That's really the coolest part. We're going to get so many more visits out of those points. I'm very, very excited to get through the ROFR, but at $72 per point, I think we'll pass it ok. (but keeping our fingers crossed!!!)

Anyway, we'll close by Aug. 31st, now we just have to decide if we want to bank our points for this year since we already have awesome reservations for our trip in September. Maybe we'll stay a couple of days at our new home.

Anyway, you all have been so helpful and I know that without your help on the whole BCV/BWV/SSR decision we would have never been able to take advantage of this perfect timing.

Thanks to all of you for your advice... I'll post once we're official!

Sherri :)

Congrats :wave2: At first we were really torn between BCV and VWL. Almost went with BCV but DW liked being on the lagoon. Sounds like a great contract..After reading all the posts on ROFR I'm sure you will not have any problems

How wonderful::yes:: That 50 extra points really puts in perspective doesn't it?! I know you are ecstatic:teeth:

Let us know when you pass ROFR::yes::

Lisa:wave:

Congratulations and welcome home! But I do have a general question. The broker really represents the seller, doesn't he/she? Telling the broker that you are willing to go higher than your current bid seems like you are shooting yourself in the foot. I'm very happy for you and glad you dealt with such an honorable broker.

GCHiker, I asked the same question. I was told that he is a "transaction broker" or something of the sort. Kind of like a dual agent, he represents both the seller and the buyer. Or actually, neither. He just facilitates the deal. He told me that he would run my offered price by the seller and see what they thought. If they wanted to counter offer, he would say that he would call me back to see if I was interested in the counteroffer. He would not let them know that I was ok to go up to the full price they wanted.

Obviously, he is true to his word. They accepted my first offer of $72/pt, which I consider fair and which I believe will pass by Disney's ROFR, and I think that everyone in this deal thinks its fair! :) I'm very pleased with how everything turned out... and obviously, it was a thing where timing was of the utmost importance.

THanks to everyone for the nice welcome!

Sherri :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc Still excited!!!

Congratulations and welcome home! Let us know when you pass ROFR!

You'll pass RoFR. My 510 just went through at $69.

Congrats fellow BCVer!:)

Congrats from one Sherri to another! We own at BCV also, and I know you'll love it there. So will your adorable kids. Good luck with passing ROFR.

Sheri

What is ROFR? Those of you who own, is it best to go through a resale agent or DVC? How do you get to buy points for BCV when it is all sold out? Please excuse my ignorance, but I am learning a lot on this board. I love to read the posts.:Pinkbounc :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter