• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, this is how we are surprising the kiddies~ TONITE!!

Awww that's so cute!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I got surprises like that when I was little!

I'll be leaving for WDW tomorrow as well!!! So excited! :D

I did this for my DW's birthday a couple of years back. Planned it, arranged for her to be away from her office, kept it secret for 10 months, ordered the personalized maps, ironed and packed her clothes, and wrote new lyrics to "Zip-A-Dee-Doo Dah" which I played and sang for her to reveal the surprise. All she had to do was get in the car for the trip to the airport.

It was a blast!

LOL:rotfl::rotfl:

After 26 years with the world's most precious and beautiful woman, I think it's a little late. We're still on the honeymoon!
:cloud9: You're so sweet! I wish DF would do that for me. Unfortunately he doesn't "get" Disney.

There is nothing like a Disney World surprise. :goodvibes We surprised our 6 and 8 yo last March. It was so hard to keep it a secret for so long because you are just so darn excited! LOL I did tell my 2yo a couple of months before. I had to tell someone! Wouldn't you know, that kid told his brother and sister ever single day, several times a day, that we were going to Disney World. He would stand by the front door and say, "I need my shoes! I'm going on vacation to Disney World!" or "I'm going to Disney World forEVAH and EVAH!!!" It was hilarious and they never believed him or thought a thing of it.
We had our 2yo wake them up the day of at 5am and surprise them. He said, "I told you we were going to DW." :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

There is nothing like a Disney World surprise. :goodvibes We surprised our 6 and 8 yo last March. It was so hard to keep it a secret for so long because you are just so darn excited! LOL I did tell my 2yo a couple of months before. I had to tell someone! Wouldn't you know, that kid told his brother and sister ever single day, several times a day, that we were going to Disney World. He would stand by the front door and say, "I need my shoes! I'm going on vacation to Disney World!" or "I'm going to Disney World forEVAH and EVAH!!!" It was hilarious and they never believed him or thought a thing of it.
We had our 2yo wake them up the day of at 5am and surprise them. He said, "I told you we were going to DW." :rotfl:

LOL! My 2 yo is the only one of the boys who knows about our upcoming December trip! He hasn't tried to spill the beans, thank goodness!

OP, the plate idea is great! I'm still undecided how to clue our boys into the secret. It's our big family Christmas present but it's a little early, we leave December 9. We're planning on telling them the Saturday before so they have a week to get excited, anticipate, help pack!! LOL I'm just trying to figure out how to do it. Can't wait to hear how your kids reacted!!!

Aw, thanks everyone! Boy, were they surprised! :thumbsup2
We started going around the table, telling ea other about the worst and then the best part of our days.
When they got to me, I said the worst was something that happened at work today, but the best part hadn't happened yet ;)
I told them that Dad and I have a pretty cool surprise for you and we counted backwards from 5 and told them to lift their plates~ they were floored! My oldest DS didn't believe it for a minute, but then the smiles and the squeals came!
Can't believe we kept it quiet for so long, and I was so nervous while we were eating, that they would move their plate and see it :rotfl:
But it worked, and they actually fell asleep. I must get some sleep at well, we are going to Disney World tomorrow :wizard:
I did take pics and video, will post when I can. Hope everyone else who said they are going soon have magical trips, and GO PHILS!!!

Glad it went down as expected. Expecting video and pics. Have a Magical Trip!:wizard:

I'm glad it worked the way you wanted! What lucky kids! Can't wait to see pics and video! :)

Awww...glad the surprise went so well. I hope you're having fun at WDW right now. :)

I have a trip planned for about 4 weeks from now. My oldest dd knows about it, but I haven't told my ds11. We'll be leaving for the airport after the kids get home from school. I'm thinking of waiting until ds gets home from school to tell him! lol.

I'll pack when he's at school and have the suitcases all ready.

So glad it went well! And thanks for sharing...I no longer have little ones to surprise so it's fun to join in on your fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter