"So this funny thing happened in line at Disney..."

Years ago when my DD's were still very small (maybe 3 and 5) we were going through FantasyLand and were currently near the front of the Winnie the Pooh line... (you know, the part where the turnstiles are going back and forth and you're surrounded with people on all sides) when my youngest loudly asks "When are we going to see Ariels Crotch?" Apparently "Grotto" isn't in a 3 year olds vocabulary.

This actually happened exiting our space ship after riding Space Mountain. My dad had never ridden before and as he's getting out of the ship says, "I think I left my balls somewhere around Uranus!"

I thought the poor CM was going to choke.

Good times!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was in line to purchase something at a gift shop in HS when I heard a family talking to a CM about where they were from. I heard them say New Jersey (where I'm from) so I asked them where at in Jersey. Turns out they were from my town (and we live in a tiny town that's no bigger than a square mile. Seriously, if you're not from our town, you've never even heard of our town, lol)! They actually live only a few blocks away from me! Crazy :)

Years ago when my DD's were still very small (maybe 3 and 5) we were going through FantasyLand and were currently near the front of the Winnie the Pooh line... (you know, the part where the turnstiles are going back and forth and you're surrounded with people on all sides) when my youngest loudly asks "When are we going to see Ariels Crotch?" Apparently "Grotto" isn't in a 3 year olds vocabulary.
The one attraction I'd wait more than 30 minutes for.

The oddest thing that happened in line around us was in line for Soarin'. A Mom dad and two teens (brother and sister) just ahead of us in line. the teens were goofin' around and kind of bickering, but mostly harmless stuff. I had my back to them when DH's face goes white as a sheet and his eyes pop open. I noticed the teens were suddenly silent, and turned around to see the teen girl leaning against the wall with a tear running down her face.

According to DH, the mom had slapped her.

Was this in 2006? We witnessed the exact same thing in line for Soarin' in May/June 2006.

This actually happened exiting our space ship after riding Space Mountain. My dad had never ridden before and as he's getting out of the ship says, "I think I left my balls somewhere around Uranus!"

I thought the poor CM was going to choke.

Good times!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

worm761 said:
Was this in 2006? We witnessed the exact same thing in line for Soarin' in May/June 2006.

No, it was September 2012, but how awful! Makes you wonder what goes on in private if this is what happens in public.

I was in line to purchase something at a gift shop in HS when I heard a family talking to a CM about where they were from. I heard them say New Jersey (where I'm from) so I asked them where at in Jersey. Turns out they were from my town (and we live in a tiny town that's no bigger than a square mile. Seriously, if you're not from our town, you've never even heard of our town, lol)! They actually live only a few blocks away from me! Crazy :)

Now I'm curious if I have heard of your town! I am from NJ.

When DH and I took our first trip to Disney just the two of us, we kept bumping in to another couple about our age during EMH at MK. We found ourselves in line together for the fifth or so time at Pirates and decided to just ride it together. We ended up hanging out for rest of the evening. It was really nice.

When I was in college, I went to WDW with my family and while walking through MK I heard my mother say "Rachel?!" I turned around to see my best friend and her boyfriend. We grew up in NY, I went to school in OH, she went to school in PA and we ran in to each other in Liberty Square. WHAT?!?!

Lastly, same trip as above, my sister and I were gifted two FP to Space Mountain randomly and when we got off the ride and exited through the gift shop, I literally pumped in to a CM… who just happened to grow up down the street from us and was on the swim team with me in high school. So freaking weird.

:rotfl2: and THIS is why I enjoy speaking to children---ya just never know what's going to pop out of their mouths.

Disney is 1100+ miles from our house. We were at the turnstiles of Epcot, waiting for it to open, when we struck up a conversation with the couple in front of us. We discovered that they lived 20 miles from our home.

It really is a small world.

in 2005 I ran into a few Sailors I was stationed with in Virginia, completely random...in 2007 , DW ran into a friend from church...

what town!?? Im from Jersey :cutie:

I had one of those small world moments too! While in the single rider line for Everest, who should come in behind me but one of our recent alumni. (I work at a university.) Hadn't seen her since she had graduated a few years prior. We chatted, actually rode together, and chatted a little longer after the ride. We went our separate ways, but it was lovely getting to see her again.

Love the stories about doing the wave in forbidden journey, and the Star Wars songs in Star Tours. Sound like really fun memories!

Let's see, I've got a couple, some better than others.

First, in 2008, we spent Christmas week at Universal. We were going through the line for the Simpsons ride. We get to the final gathering point before they split you into groups and tell you which room number to enter. They ask how many in our group and I answer five. I turn to gather up the kids (8, 11, and 12) and realize the 8yo is NOT THERE!!! We're in the cattle call of a ride line. Where could he be???? I head back up the line and find him coming my way with a panicked look on his face. He was watching the Simpson's cartoons playing on televisions in the ride line and we just moved on without him. Scared us both. :rotfl:

In 2010, we had a meal planned at the Hoop Dee Do Review. We showed up early to check in and ran into a friend from our hometown and her family. They were going to the Hoop Dee Do also.

In 2013, we were waiting in line for the snorkeling at Typhoon Lagoon, and we hear screaming coming from the line in front of us. People are jumping off the path and into the bushes...
as a snake made it's leisurely way up the sidewalk. He slithered into bushes and made his escape before he got to us.

And the best?? In 2013 we had just gotten on the trams at the Backlot Tour (is that right?) in DHS. A family was entering the loading platform as we were getting ready to head out. My husband noticed a young teen (maybe 13 or 14?) was wearing his athletic shorts low on the hips with his boxers hanging out. He thinks this style is funny so he nudges me, and tips his head toward the kid, while grinning ear to ear.
I look to see what he's laughing at... and see the boy... and his dad who has caught our little byplay. I had just enough time to think "Yikes, he's gonna be mad. My husband was laughing at his kid." When he gets this sneaky look on his face, walks up behind the boy, and PANTSED HIM right there in front of god, and everybody. :rotfl2:
I could not believe what I just saw!!! We were pulling away from the platform by that point, with every last person on the tram and the platform laughing up a storm.
I did look back one more time to see that the kid wasn't too mad. He was laughing when he pulled up his shorts and punched his dad in the arm. :rotfl:

We have had situations where we just seemed to run across the same families everywhere we go. DD and some sisters in another family made friends over their Duffy bears. I can recall sitting with that family waiting for a parade, and then for the next couple of days, I think every ADR we went to, they were at a table not far from us. I'm pretty sure we crossed paths in some lines too, we were definitely on the same schedule.

BUT, the one that I will absolutely never forget that touched my heart happened back in December 1999. We were in line for Safari at AK. It was a long line as AK was fairly new and it was the busy Christmas week. There was an adorable little girl with a stuffed animal in line by me. If my memory is right, I'm guessing she was probably in the 4 to 6 range. I started to talk to her, I think asking her about her stuffed animal, and her Dad started to jump in and say "She won't..." when she said something back to me. Her Dad kind of had a funny look on his face when she responded to me. She and I started talking back and forth a little, and I could see her Dad was a little emotional, and then he leaned over and whispered to me to please keep talking to her because she was autistic and he had never seen her respond and interact with any stranger like she was doing with me before. So we chatted here and there about her trip, stuffed animal etc, played a little peek a boo with the stuffed animal to pass the time in line etc. Her responses were short, but she was totally interacting with me. I would never in a million years have realized she was autistic if her dad had not said something to me. I recall on the ride her kind of pointing things out with me and playing with her stuffed animal with me. At some point in line he told us that she had been in some pretty extensive therapy to work on interacting, and she seemed to be doing okay, but that she had never responded when a stranger spoke to her, much less interacted with them. I think his wife was off with a sibling and he was wishing that she had been there to see it. Total Disney Magic. She was happy and excited about Disney and willing to share with me. I think about that precious little girl every time we ride Safari, and I wonder how she is doing today-which she must be grown up by now.

A couple years ago on a very hot summer day we were in line and a father/teenage daughter around 16 were in front of us. The daughter had a summery white top on with little decorate pockets in the front. She must have had a piece of chocolate in her pocket that melted because she looked down and was disgusted that it was melted. Her dad picked up her top and licked the chocolate off. EWWWW!

About 10 years ago, we were waiting in a line to buy tickets to Typhoon Lagoon. There was a couple from Japan in front of us. They went up and asked for tickets for 2 adults 2 kids and paid. After paying, they then asked the cm, "and what is this for?" They were excited to learn it was a water park and told her they had to go back to their resort to get towels and swimsuits and would be back. They stood in line and paid without knowing what for because it was Disney and must be great. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter