So that was Soarin'...

Us too in October.

I think this is the only ride where fastpasses still involve a considerable wait. I wonder why?

Probably because the ride itself is a movie, where you have to wait until it's done before you can board.

I wouldn't mind the wait too much but when you do child swaps like my family does, it gets annoying having to wait so long.

DS(18) and I love Soarin' and will ride it multiple times but DW gets motion sick from Soarin' so she won't ride it. She can ride BTM, TOT, and even MS but for some reason Soarin' gets to her.:sick:

DS(18) and I love Soarin' and will ride it multiple times but DW gets motion sick from Soarin' so she won't ride it. She can ride BTM, TOT, and even MS but for some reason Soarin' gets to her.:sick:

Really? You hardly move at all on Soarin.

I love Soarin and ride it everytime. It's so fun and relaxing at the same time. As for the line we either go late or get a fastpass and we've never had to wait in a long line.

I went on EE once and walked off the ride literally shaking so badly I had to sit down for a good twenty minutes. A member of my family went and got me a drink to steady me. I gulped the drink down

I had never had that reaction on RNR, Space Mtn or Splash. And I adore BTMRR. But after that I never went on EE again. I've gone on Soarin a lot. Different strokes for different folks.

Some people can't handle simulator rides. My wife will go on rollercoasters, the teacups, and other full motion rides... but when it comes to a simulator, forgetaboutit.

Soarin is one of those rides that can trick your brain into thinking that you're flying and it can make you feel dizzy. Many people have a small inner ear problem that causes dizziness, motion sickness and balance issues. My mom had it and it was completely solved by some simple PT (physical therapy) exercises. She had gotten to the point where she couldn't even ride an escalator, and now she's fine. No medication required!

Send me a PM if you'd like to hear more about how to deal with it. My doctor also gave me some tips that really helped me on the Harry Potter ride.

Soarin is one of those rides that can trick your brain into thinking that you're flying and it can make you feel dizzy. Many people have a small inner ear problem that causes dizziness, motion sickness and balance issues. My mom had it and it was completely solved by some simple PT (physical therapy) exercises. She had gotten to the point where she couldn't even ride an escalator, and now she's fine. No medication required!

Send me a PM if you'd like to hear more about how to deal with it. My doctor also gave me some tips that really helped me on the Harry Potter ride.

Thanks for the offer. DW is a surgical nurse and works quite a bit with E,N&T surgeons and has tried several different things. She has ear issues to the point of needing tubes in her ears a few years ago (something mostly only done on kids) You can never tell what will bother her and what won't we were worried several years ago on our first DCL cruise and she was fine.

My sister wanted me to try riding on that top row with no one in front of us but the screen. We had a crabby CM that would not let us wait. We were willing to let people go ahead of us so we could bet on the next time for those seats. He would have nothing to do with it, even though my sister had done it on a previous trip that way!:confused3

I am trying to visualize where you were when you requested this since you said that you told the CM you were willing to 'let people go ahead of us'.

There are 3 loading areas, when you get to the 1st loading area, you ask to wait for the front and when we do that, we are pointed to the 2nd loading area where we ask again to wait for the front and if the front is full, we get forwarded to the 3rd loading area where we either get in row 1 or we ask to wait for the next show. I can't see how you would be asking a CM in one of the three loading areas and suggest that you are willing to let others in front of you. Row 1 is loaded 1st so there cannot be a scenario where letting people pass you would increase the likelihood of you getting in row 1.

I thought the same thing the first 5 times or so we rode Soarin, but everytime we ride it I love it a little more. Now just hearing the exit music on the radio or smelling oranges makes me miss it so much I can't stand it. It was just one of those things that at first was eh but it grew on me very quickly and is now my favorite Epcot attraction.

I totally agree about EE, though. It is magnificent with the Yeti in full working condition but even without its still the best coaster at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter