So tell me re: fastpass runners joining party in line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it is cutting, but it's not something important enough that I'm going to get concerned over. It's not like getting upset or frustrated over it is going to make it stop. Even if it did help, is getting upset over something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things really worth it?

You can't control what other people do, you can only control what you do and how you react. So you can either get frustrated and worry about something that affects you to the tiniest degree or maybe not even at all or you can just not worry about it.

All I'm saying is that in the end, you'll be happier and have a more enjoyable time if you don't worry about it.

This is what I do too. Cutting for any reason (leaving to take a child to the restroom and coming back is not cutting) is wrong and people shouldn't do it. These people are saying that their time is more important than everyone else's. I'm not going to waste precious vacation time at the park worrying about it. If it's done within sight of a CM I may give a "c'mon" look their way, but that's about it.

That aside, people do come to this board to find out what behavior is acceptable and what is not, so it doesn't hurt for people to voice opinions here that it is not acceptable. I'm not sure what to think of those who post that this is perfectly fine behavior (more than just saying it's not worth worrying about; maybe I'm misreading). It might be that they are among the offenders. They may decide that pushing past others is worth the risk of running into someone that may be more than just vocal about their displeasure. Frankly, I don't understand why they think doing it is worth the stress. If I see someone doing this, I will be sure to turn it into a positive by pointing it out to my kids and reminding them why it is wrong.

When we were in line for toy story we counted how many people came thru saying "that is my family". In the 2 hours we were in line 38 people jumped ahead of us. Not cool.

This is what I do too. Cutting for any reason (leaving to take a child to the restroom and coming back is not cutting) is wrong and people shouldn't do it. These people are saying that their time is more important than everyone else's. I'm not going to waste precious vacation time at the park worrying about it. If it's done within sight of a CM I may give a "c'mon" look their way, but that's about it.

That aside, people do come to this board to find out what behavior is acceptable and what is not, so it doesn't hurt for people to voice opinions here that it is not acceptable. I'm not sure what to think of those who post that this is perfectly fine behavior (more than just saying it's not worth worrying about; maybe I'm misreading). It might be that they are among the offenders. They may decide that pushing past others is worth the risk of running into someone that may be more than just vocal about their displeasure. Frankly, I don't understand why they think doing it is worth the stress. If I see someone doing this, I will be sure to turn it into a positive by pointing it out to my kids and reminding them why it is wrong.

I doubt most people who think its wrong or annoying confront anyone or let it ruin their vacation. I certainly don't but if someone is going to come here and ask how people feel, I'm going to let them know its annoying. Maybe they will think twice about doing it.

I am just back and saw so many people doing things that were inconsiderate to others. I'm sure they were so absorbed with their good time that they were oblivious to how they were affecting people around them. If people took half a second to think about the people around them or what would happen if everyone did what they are doing, it would be better for all guests.

I'm going to do my own thing and enjoy my trip with my loved ones regardless. My time is precious and better spent on joyful things than complaining about others.

A noble goal indeed, but for a lot of us, our natural reaction is to be irritated by someone cutting in line. It's not a decision to stop spending time on joyful things and to start spending time on being upset.

When we were in line for toy story we counted how many people came thru saying "that is my family". In the 2 hours we were in line 38 people jumped ahead of us. Not cool.

This is the problem. One person is not going to make many people angry. 38 people? Different story.

Personally I don't know anyone that would send a group ahead to get in a line and then push in when they're done getting fastpasses. We'd wait for the fastpass person before getting in a line.

Just curious...not a fast pass runner, but what about a parent with child---who had to go--is trying to get back to their family? Some would say--make sure they go before hand. Well, I have been in that situation many times with my youngest child. She has a medical condition and does not always have advanced warning before she is sick and has to go. We do not have any special pass. For us--we say excuse me do you mind if we meet up with our party--we had to go on a potty break.

Do you consider this cutting and being rude?

Just curious...not a fast pass runner, but what about a parent with child---who had to go--is trying to get back to their family? Some would say--make sure they go before hand. Well, I have been in that situation many times with my youngest child. She has a medical condition and does not always have advanced warning before she is sick and has to go. We do not have any special pass. For us--we say excuse me do you mind if we meet up with our party--we had to go on a potty break.

Do you consider this cutting and being rude?

Not if you were in line to begin with. If you child had to "go" before anyone got in line, then everyone should wait and enter together.

Wow! At TSMM, that could be a lot of time in the stand by line since they only let about ten people go at a time while they let every fast pass holder in the world go by. That could be an extra 20-30 minutes in line to let 38 cutters go by.

I think it's a problem of culture, education and values.
I never cut the line, and I never let someone cut the line. BTG or others, it is the same act.
(Sorry for my crappy english, I normally speak french)

I think it's a problem of culture, education and values.
I never cut the line, and I never let someone cut the line. BTG or others, it is the same act.
(Sorry for my crappy english, I normally speak french)

Your English was perfectly clear.

:thumbsup2 This is what we do. It is just that one person can move faster than a group and then it can get crowded around where they give out the FPs so everyone doesn't need to be there. No use for us all to go. We just wait for the FP runner to meet up with us and then we get in line. I believe this is the way that most people do it.

This. The time savings is that while I'm getting FPs, DH is moving the slower moving children across the park. I have not had a lot of people walk up to me in a line and ask to cut ahead of me, but my response is likely to be a polite, "no." We are not obligated to accommodate line jumpers.

My problem is, I'm trying to ditch the loser in my group by sending him for FP and then immediately getting in line for another attraction. People keep letting him through to join us! Please stop!

jbraught said:
My problem is, I'm trying to ditch the loser in my group by sending him for FP and then immediately getting in line for another attraction. People keep letting him through to join us! Please stop!

NOW I feel motivated to stop them! LOL

Well since no one minds the occasional mother/father taking children out of line to use the restroom, most of the line cutting problems are the fast pass runners. Maybe they should do away with the fast passes altogether then line cutters won't have any reason for catching up with their family members that should have waited for them (before getting into the line in the first place)..

This. The time savings is that while I'm getting FPs, DH is moving the slower moving children across the park. I have not had a lot of people walk up to me in a line and ask to cut ahead of me, but my response is likely to be a polite, "no." We are not obligated to accommodate line jumpers.

I have to ask, but have you REALLY said no to a mother or father (by themselves) that was trying to catch up to their family?

I can't see a "polite" way of saying no.

I am not a fan, but really am not going to start fighting with someone over trying to catch up with their family. I have seen multiple kids jump in front of me and multiple adults as well. I don't like it, but sure not going to start an arguement with someone over it.

Last trip I had a 60+ year old man push my mother's ECV (while she was sitting on it) out of his way so he could get in front of her for wishes. I was like excuse me sir, but please don't do that. He started yelling at me like how dare I say anything to him. Seriously, a 60+ year old. Talk about guts. To yell at a man almost half his age was taking a large chance I wasn't some rude unrepectful kid that had beer muscles.

I am just not going to let some rude people ruin my day or my family's day by making a scene. Let them go and explain to my children how that line cutting is rude and we are better then that.

I'm totally unconcerned with one other person in line in front of me or five people in line in front of me for that matter. DW is where I let all the calls on my phone go to voice mail and then I delete them without listening. DW is where I just go with the flow and don't stress out about anything. DW is where I just make sure that everybody is having a good time and that we are enjoying ourselves.

If my youngest son wants me to go with him and ride the people mover 10 times in a row then that's what we do (and it's happened). If somebody wants ice cream then I buy it for everybody, I don't care what it costs. Sure, let's go sit and watch some boring show that I don't really like. I don't care, I'll still enjoy it!

There's a real world out there that's full of work, stress and no time for yourself. When I'm at DW I leave that world behind and just focus on having a good time with my family while I'm there.

Just go by the Ponyboy rule and you'll be much happier....Don't sweat the small stuff. :thumbsup2

Well stay gold there ponyboy. Some folks actually have a tolerence limit. I don't really care if or why someone is joining a group if it is just one but to pretend that there aren't times when the crowds and jostling and weather conspire to make us a little grumpy sounds a little disingenuous.

I don't get upset, if someone is joining/rejoining their family in line. I have no idea, what they were doing and I don't ask. It's never been an issue.

Now, I DID encounter a runner on our way to pick up Soarin' fast passes. He had a handful of park tickets and was weaving through the crowd. I said to DH, "we have a runner". I swear, he picked up speed and almost ran to the machines. Looked like, he was trying to snag the last Hickory Honey Ham (Christmas with the Kranks). It was downright funny. :lmao:

What they're saying is if he hadn't gone to get fast passes at all then he would have been in line in front of you the whole time and you still wouldn't have gotten in.

Either way, who cares? You're at Disney World and a million people would trade you spots in a second and smile their heads off for the next 10 minutes of waiting in line. :)

ugh. the old, "you are SO lucky to be at disney world (like you didn't work hard to pay for it)" red herring.:confused3

What they're saying is if he hadn't gone to get fast passes at all then he would have been in line in front of you the whole time and you still wouldn't have gotten in.

Either way, who cares? You're at Disney World and a million people would trade you spots in a second and smile their heads off for the next 10 minutes of waiting in line. :)

no, what Bauer was saying was: if they did things correctly, dad would have still gone for the fast passes.(without the whole family in tow) the family would have waited at the begining of the queue for dad to show up with the PP fast passes. then all entered the queue TOGETHER. and hence, bauer, and a few others, would have gotten in to the earlier show.

dad was not REJOINING a line (as in a parent with a child with a bathroom emergency). he was cutting in a line he was never in. and it cost this poster quite a long wait. not just a few seconds to catch the next car in the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter