So, tell me about February @ WDW !

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
Our next trip to the world will be in 2006. We've always gone in the fall, Sept or Oct.

The kids and I want to try Feb. 2006 when value season is still in effect. So thats the first week or two of that month.
My Dh says why ruin a pattern?That we should still go in Oct.

But, but, we don't want to wait THAT long !! :guilty: :crazy2: :scared: :( :worried: :sad:

Help us convince DH that Feb is a great time!!
I would be forever grateful :worship:

February is a lovely time to visit WDW. Have been there twice in February and loved it. Granted, it may be a little chilly. But if you pack the right clothes it can be quite nice. We actually got mixed weather both years. Some days were in the low 80's, some were in the 60's. The best part about going in February was lack of crowds. Being able to ride my favorites over and over again without ever waiting in line. That's awesome! Tell DH I said February will be great!

I am also looking at going in Feb-06. President's Week in 2006 is week of Feb 19, my kids happen to have week of Feb 12 off. I am hoping to get low crowds as well as a value rate by going week of Feb 12.

In your experience, when do the crowds start building up for President's Week (would you expect week of Feb 12 to be crowded) ? Also, when does Disney traditionally switch from value to peak season in Feb ?

Sunil

DeterminedOne said:
The best part about going in February was lack of crowds. Being able to ride my favorites over and over again without ever waiting in line. That's awesome! QUOTE]

TooBoyz4us

Hi, :wave: Well Feb can be very iffy...it could be beautiful or freezing especially the first two weeks of the month. (sorry)

For cooler weather but still a slower time to visit the Parks would be May, the first two weeks are my favorite time of the year here in Florida. The Flower and Garden Festival is over at EPCOT all the parks are just beautiful. It's not Value but Regular Season, but you would be able to swim and enjoy all outside activities.

Beckie :sunny:

Hi, Well Feb can be very iffy...it could be beautiful or freezing especially the first two weeks of the month. (sorry)
I have to agree with MAGICinMYHEART. We visited first week of Feb 2000 and it was 80 degrees all week---wished I had packed shorts. Then in Feb 2001 we never got higher than around 55 during the day. Heading there again this Feb (10-13) and thinking 55 will feel like a heat wave to me. We've been used to nothing over 25 for the past almost 2 weeks.....it's getting to around 0 at night. So even though I might not be able to swim, to me as long as it's over 50 it'll feel warm. :cool1:

We went in February 2003 (around the 5th) and it was about low to mid-70's. We wore shorts most of the time. We are going this year, February 1-9, and I am hoping for the same type of weather. I am from Wisconsin (-11 degrees this morning), so anything above 50 is a heat wave for us.

we love it in feb..went last year..hubby and i are going down for a quick get away just the two of us in a few weeks...the weather can go either way so pack for warm and cool..the crowds are low...and it is fabulous...great time to go...

just my opinion, but we don't like February. We went last year 2/9 - 2/16. I think. Something like that. It was value season so we DID like the AP rate we got at the Poly, $199. The main thing we didn't like was the iffy weather. We were looking forward to leaving the cold and going to FL. We knew we weren't talking about 80 degrees every day and swimming and sunning like we do in the summer. But, we didn't expect what we got. What we got was damp, gray, chilly weather MOST of the days. One day was really nice, about 79 or 80. But then, BOOM, the next day chilly again. One day it was clear, which was one of the few clear days, but cold and windy. I think in Feb the weather can be decent, but you just never know. You might not have a problem with this, but we didn't like it. We like to be warm and have no problem with the summer heat. The pool at the Poly was indeed heated satisfactorily, but when you got out...BRRRRRR.

The lines were very short UNTIL the Saturday right before President's Day. Then, the gates of h*&%# opened up and the entire Northeastern Seaboard (complete with all of their children and their children's children) came to Disney! I had no idea, shame on me for not researching. Turns out President's week is very busy due to a winter break in the Northern school systems. In fact, a CM told us that starting that weekend prior to President's Week through Easter was major crowded. Thank goodness this only happened towards the end of our trip.

IF you don't mind the iffy weather I strongly encourage you to go the first week of Feb. Or just try to avoid the weekend of Pres Day and any day after that. I've been during July 4th, and it's never been that bad. The monorail was so packed it was Standing Room Only. My DH and I sat at the Concourse Steakhouse and had dinner, all the while watching the packed monorails go by.

We went back in July. 7/6 - 7/13 - VERY NICE! We also went for a quickie long weekend trip over Thanksgiving. Again, IFFY chilly weather. But the Christmas decorations and festivities made up for it. AND, we just went to the MK for one day this past Sunday. My DH is in New Smyrna on business and I went to see him, we spent a few days there and did one day at Disney. FREEEEEEZING cold that day. So, we now have a new rule:

With the exception of the occasional late Nov/early Dec trip to see the Xmas decorations, we will only go to Disney during the months of March - October. That way we will be sure to have nice, warm, even hot, Florida weather. Gimme' HOT AND HUMID any day.

PamNC

We are also planning a Feb 2006 trip, but not until the last week in February, which coincides with Mardi Gras here in New Orleans. The kids are off of school for the week, so we will head down then. Been before during February, great time of year to go, low crowds, cooler weather. You will love it!

We're another family planning a Feb. 06 trip, not sure which week yet as no teacher contract in our school district so don't know the calendar in advance!
Probably either Pres. week or the week after.

Have been twice in Feb, once Feb. 6-12ish and last time during the last week of the month. Both trips had very changeable weather, went from 80-50 over night like PamNC said. In Feb. you must bring bathing suits AND fleece!

Also, pay attention to when not only Pres. Day falls but also Mardi Gras and Daytona Speed Week, both can have an impact on crowd. We were there once during part of Daytona Week and saw a dramatic crowd increase at MK (not so noticeable at other parks), and last time during Mardi Gras which wasn't bad at all, only super crowded the night before Fat Tuesday at DTD.

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter