SO: Spaghetti Sauce Poll

Spaghetti sauce:

• Total voters

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Do mix your spaghetti in the sauce, put the sauce on top, don't care, or just eat the pasta plain. Plain I never even thought about until DS as a kid wanted plain spaghetti at Disneyland and the server said no problem, plain spaghetti with NOTHING, not even butter, is a very popular option with kids at the parks.
For purposes of this poll, butter or other toppings will be considered sauce.

Nothing like a first world problem poll on a Friday. :tongue:

Little bit of both - I like to add some sauce to the pasta after it's cooked, but then have extra on the side for people to add to their taste, unless I'm doing a large amount of pasta for a party, in which case, I will usually toss all the sauce in the pasta ahead of time.

I'm not quite sure how to reply. I usually SERVE it (like my mother did) with the sauce on top, but then I mix it up before I eat it. (Disclaimer: I think we're 0% Italian.) But, really, at a restaurant... I don't care. I like pasta just about any way it's served, so I guess I'll vote "either is fine."

I grew up with it on top. But, to be fair, I also grew up with it being from a box! My Mom was(is) a great cook but I was in high school before she even started using jarred spaghetti sauce.

I started mixing when I had kids. My husband would have hogged all the sauce if I hadn't. If you mix it no one gets skimped! And if there is a bit of sauce left over my husband gets it :)

This subject has become a bit of a joke between my husband and I. I always mix the sauce in while the pasta is in the pot everything is hot (why wouldn't you want your sauce evenly distributed AND hot?!) but he does the opposite. At this point though I've learned to just be happy to not be the one cooking and let him do his thing (even if his thing is to somehow use every single pot and pan we have to make simple pasta!)

I put the sauce on top and let each person mix it up if desired. For leftovers, I mix it up so it's all evenly coated before putting in the fridge. Leftover pasta (hot or cold) is great for lunch or a midnight snack.

BTW, what thread is this a spinoff of?

I’m not Italian (but my kids are), I put the pasta in the sauce with a little bit of the pasta water. Tons of Italian restaurants here, it’s always mixed.

I mix some in, to keep the pasta from sticking together. Then we put more on top. My family likes lots of sauce, so we go through a lot. We have pasta often--it's a crowd-pleaser--so we go through a lot of pasta, too. And my kids are totally "shape snobs" when it comes to pasta--whenever I serve actual spaghetti, I get grumbling because other shapes are more fun.

Tonight it's American Chop Suey, so it's elbows with meat sauce thoroughly mixed in.

My family (grandparents/parents/myself) always mix it before serving. If we had someone that had a request of less sauce or no sauce (which I've never had happen), we'd put that off to the side before mixing.

I was raised in an Italian family and the sauce was always mixed in. Once in our bowl, my Dad would add more sauce on top. I have never seen an Italian serve spaghetti without the sauce mixed in.

I'm not a pasta eater but my daughter and husband are. They like it lightly coated with sauce and then more added on top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter