So Sad

Speaking from experience, I can tell you, greeting a relative in such a way is absolutely heart breaking. When you first glimpse the coffin, and you know your loved one is in that coffin, the emotions, the reality of it all, really hits home.

Thank you for showing such a deep respect, and for sharing with us, the respect shown that brave hero, and his family. As a family member of an American hero, one that came home in the same manner, I appreciate it.

God Bless all the heroes of this war, and the wars before it. Please, God, let this war end soon, and may there be no more wars to follow it.

Francine

I makes me cry to think about things like this. What a terrible tragedy for the solider and his/her family. My heart goes out to those people. I never had to go through that but it was my worst nightmare for a while.

So very, very sad.

I saw this not too long back, it says a lot. :(

unloadingfallenairportToddHeisler.jpg

When 2nd Lt. Jim Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport, Marines climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac. During the arrival of another Marine's casket last year at Denver International Airport, Major Steve Beck described the scene as one of the most powerful in the process: "See the people in the windows? They'll sit right there in the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home," he said. "They're going to remember being on that plane for the rest of their lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they should."​

....And they should.

So very sad :guilty: Thank you for sharing this with us. It sure does make me stop and thank god for each day.

That is so sad and gave me goose bumps. I have dated several service men (and was engaged to one) and I know what a sacrifice they give to all of us and our country. It saddens me when people (college kids against the war) would spit on my ex-fiance when he would go on the campus in uniform or when we would go out to eat and strangers would come up and start discussing how much they hate the president or what they think the country is doing wrong. For everyone to show so much respect is amazing. That poor family...

God bless our troops! God bless their families.

Very sad. But I'm proud to be an American...and I'm a free American because of those brave soldiers. So thank you!

That is heartbreaking. My prayers are with his family and with all those who have lost loved ones in the war.

I could be mistaken but I think the young man might have been from Mass. I know in the last week a boy of 19 I think was killed in Iraq. When I hear and see stuff like this it hits home being the mother of a 19 year old and a 22 year old.

Franniepoppins said:
Thank you for showing such a deep respect, and for sharing with us, the respect shown that brave hero, and his family. As a family member of an American hero, one that came home in the same manner, I appreciate it.

God Bless all the heroes of this war, and the wars before it. Please, God, let this war end soon, and may there be no more wars to follow it.

Francine

I couldn't have said it better!!
:guilty:

What an unbelievable rendition of such an amazingly sad occasion.

When I returned from Florida last month a large group of soldiers returning from Iraq came thru the airport. The airport burst out in applause. It was deafening. They all looked so humble, so amazed at the respect they were getting. I wanted to hug them all.... because I was SO glad they didn't come back the way that soldier or FranniePoppins' relative did....

God bless them.

Robinrs

Wow, that gave me chills and a big lump in my throat :guilty: How sad for the brave soldier's family but I'm glad that everyone showed such an enormous amount of respect for this poor man and his family.

:sad: So sad. :sad1:

Robinrs said:
When I returned from Florida last month a large group of soldiers returning from Iraq came thru the airport. The airport burst out in applause. It was deafening. They all looked so humble, so amazed at the respect they were getting.
This happened to DH when he came home on leave (just like the commercial). He was in utter shock and very humbled by the reaction he received. I am truly thankful that most Americans treat our servicemen and women so well.

So sad. :guilty: God bless him & his family.

I see you live in New England. I wonder if it's was the 19 yr old from Worcester, MA.

As a current military wife of over 22+ years, I've known many that have served, & luckily have all come home.

Thank you for taking the time to post this for us.

Bella the Ball 360 said:
I could be mistaken but I think the young man might have been from Mass. I know in the last week a boy of 19 I think was killed in Iraq. When I hear and see stuff like this it hits home being the mother of a 19 year old and a 22 year old.
Actually he was born in Lawrence Ma and lived in Salem NH. He was laid to rest yesterday (Thursday) at the age of 21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter