• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So sad - trip ends early

Ana~n~Joseph

I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met M
Mods - please move this to the appropriate place if necessary

Just needed to share - soo sad, my trip has ended a bit early. We arrived on Thursday for my husband's dream vacation - a 4 night 5 day stay at the Contemporary Resort. That night went to Fantasmic (mad house!!!) and 50s Prime Time (delicious as always), we walked around the resort and had some fun...later that night we got the bad news, DHs grandmother passed away. :-(

They scheduled the funeral for Monday at 10am so we had to fly home this morning (after the airline charged us $800 for the change).

We only got to do Epcot and MK and Epcot day was a mess since that was Friday while all the planning was going on for the funeral. Thankfully we were able to get in some fun at MK even though the place was packed yesterday.

Loved the Contemporary though and we are planning on doing a re-do trip soon (hopefully!). We stayed Club level which was nice but nothing spectacular. Probably the best perk is being so high up because that music from Chef Mickey's is a bit loud (woke me up like clockwork every morning at 8:30am) It was awesome being able to walk to MK also - we really enjoyed that. The Wave is really nice and they have an awesome bartender and of course Cali Grill was amazing as usual (had to go out with a bang last night).

We were celebrating our anniversary but didn't get anything special ... at all. Just a few happy anniversary's here and there.

But oh well, the trip just wasn't meant to be. On Thursday when we got back to our room we also found out our DVD collection (we took it to watch movies in the room at night) was stolen from our luggage - who ever stole it was nice enough to leave the empty case though) That really left a bad taste in our mouth...

So we'll just have to re-do the whole thing all over again soon...hopefully with a little more pixie dust this time around.

Just got to Houston but off to Dallas now for the funeral.

If you have any questions in regards to the hotel and such I'd be happy to answer them.

Mods - please move this to the appropriate place if necessary

Just needed to share - soo sad, my trip has ended a bit early. We arrived on Thursday for my husband's dream vacation - a 4 night 5 day stay at the Contemporary Resort. That night went to Fantasmic (mad house!!!) and 50s Prime Time (delicious as always), we walked around the resort and had some fun...later that night we got the bad news, DHs grandmother passed away. :-(

They scheduled the funeral for Monday at 10am so we had to fly home this morning (after the airline charged us $800 for the change).

We only got to do Epcot and MK and Epcot day was a mess since that was Friday while all the planning was going on for the funeral. Thankfully we were able to get in some fun at MK even though the place was packed yesterday.

Loved the Contemporary though and we are planning on doing a re-do trip soon (hopefully!). We stayed Club level which was nice but nothing spectacular. Probably the best perk is being so high up because that music from Chef Mickey's is a bit loud (woke me up like clockwork every morning at 8:30am) It was awesome being able to walk to MK also - we really enjoyed that. The Wave is really nice and they have an awesome bartender and of course Cali Grill was amazing as usual (had to go out with a bang last night).

We were celebrating our anniversary but didn't get anything special ... at all. Just a few happy anniversary's here and there.

But oh well, the trip just wasn't meant to be. On Thursday when we got back to our room we also found out our DVD collection (we took it to watch movies in the room at night) was stolen from our luggage - who ever stole it was nice enough to leave the empty case though) That really left a bad taste in our mouth...

So we'll just have to re-do the whole thing all over again soon...hopefully with a little more pixie dust this time around.

Just got to Houston but off to Dallas now for the funeral.

If you have any questions in regards to the hotel and such I'd be happy to answer them.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a loved on. I lost my dad the week before our 25th anniversary trip in September and almost cancelled but one of his last wishes was that we take our vacation. You and yoru DH are in our thoughts and prayers and hope you cna get back to Disney soon to celebrate your anniversary.

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately this is the reason we always get the trip insurance - never know when it will come in handy.

I'm so sorry about your Grandma.:sad1: I hope you can do your re-do trip soon and have a great time.

Sad to hear that about your DH grandmother. You still have many times to go back and have a vacation again.

Have a nice day. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry your personal belongings were gone through and stolen.

So sad, my condolences go out to you and your husband...

My condolences, the same thing happened to me 2 years ago when my beloved grandfather passed away suddenly while we were at WDW. We had to stop everything and get back to NY for the services. Disney and Southwest were both terrific during that very sad time. I hope your family gets to go back real soon and have the vacation you deserve!!:flower3: God Bless

Just out of curiosity...........do you lose everything unless you buy trip insurance?

For example, if you dont buy non expiring tickets........you lose the rest of the days..........and no refund from hotel..........

I am so sorry for the loss of your DH's grandmother. My grandfather passed away very suddenly the day before Thanksgiving this year and we were supposed to leave the day after Thanksgiving for our "dream" holiday trip. Thank goodness I was able to send my husband and children on vacation as planned and joined them later in the week but I know what you mean about your "dream" trip not happening the way that you envisioned. :(

It sounds like the time that you did have was enjoyable (although I'm sorry that someone felt the need to steal your DVD collection) and I hope that you have an opportunity to head back to WDW soon and experience a magical trip!

I am sorry to hear about your loss.I really hope you can make it back to WDW and have a magical trip.

$800 to change your flights?? did youtell the airline the reason of the change? I thought they'd work with you in a case like that.

So sorry to read this.....hoping you can return to WDW soon and enjoy your time there:)

$800 to change your flights?? did youtell the airline the reason of the change? I thought they'd work with you in a case like that.

Thanks everyone.....the funeral was yesterday.

We did explain to the airline what happened and they waved the $150 change fee but we still had to pay the difference which equaled to $400 per ticket.

As far as Disney, I was told that they would call me to discuss but haven't heard from them yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter