So Sad about Disney?

BrookeTx

Mouseketeer
We went to Disney in Jan. 2007 and Jan. 2008 and had a blast! We had planned on going in Jan. 2009, but I don't think we can! :sad1:

Reasons why:
1.)We are planning on selling our house and buying another in the next 2-3 months. (So this might take away some of our savings.)

2.)I am having ankle surgery on Thursday and have to be non-weight bearing therefore cannot perform my job and we don't have "light duty", so I will be off for 2 months...exhausting all my paid leave.

3.)We plan on trying for #3 baby in Feb/March 2009 and I don't really want to be pregnant at Disney.

So that would put us like in 2010 going.... :scared1:

I was thinking that maybe we could save for next year and do a Friday-Monday...so I am only missing 2 days of work and we all get our Disney Fix? :rotfl2:

I am just so scared to go on the weekends b/c of the crowds?

awww its hard when you have so many things going on in life that interfere with Disney holidays isn't it?!!!

We were there last in June 2005. We didn't go anywhere the next summer as I had just had a baby and last year we couldn't afford to. We are off again in 8 weeks - 3 years after our last trip.

It didn't take too long to pass by and I am sure with all the exciting things (except the surgery!) that are happening time will pass really fast.

At least you have sites like this to keep up your fix!

Having said that a weekend break would be fantastic. I wish I lived close enough to do that. if it was possible that is definetely what I would do if I was you.

Lx

Do not let being pregnant scare you from going. My dh and I bought annual passes one month before we found out that I was pregnant. Since then we have been four times and once I found out I still went on many of the rides (although I skipped Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster and Mission to Mars). One of those trips was last month when I was six months pregnant and I was not miserable at all, just spent a little too much money on food! haha! We would go again before the baby comes, but I do not think my family would appreciate it too much if they had to drive to Orlando because I went into labor down there. If you do decide to wait, I hope you are better at holding back than we are in my house! We have a major addiction to the mouse, even married and honeymooned there!

We went to Disney in Jan. 2007 and Jan. 2008 and had a blast! We had planned on going in Jan. 2009, but I don't think we can! :sad1:

Reasons why:
1.)We are planning on selling our house and buying another in the next 2-3 months. (So this might take away some of our savings.)Cool getting new digs for the family, maybe make some $ on the sale.

2.)I am having ankle surgery on Thursday and have to be non-weight bearing therefore cannot perform my job and we don't have "light duty", so I will be off for 2 months...exhausting all my paid leave. Next time you'll be ready to boggie down Main Street.

3.)We plan on trying for #3 baby in Feb/March 2009 and I don't really want to be pregnant at Disney. Another blessing soon to come your way.

So that would put us like in 2010 going.... :scared1:

I was thinking that maybe we could save for next year and do a Friday-Monday...so I am only missing 2 days of work and we all get our Disney Fix? :rotfl2:

I am just so scared to go on the weekends b/c of the crowds?

Your basket is half full.

We missed our annual New Year's Trip for 2008 because the car needed a new transmission. ($3500. Ouch!)

We are almost certainly going to miss NYE 2009 because we are looking at buying our first home this summer.

The house is exciting and wonderful, but yeah, there's a bit of sadness at missing Disney (and Club 33) two years running. At least my son got to go last fall. A single friend took him along as her travel companion. :)

WDW will always be there. You sound like you have alot going on and you are being responsible. Wait and go when you can both enjoy it and afford it. It will make that trip so much sweeter.

Personally unless it is in the winter I wouldn't go over a weekend. Even in the winter, the weekends are crowded. Wait until it is the right time. You'll know when that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter