So proud of DD!!

cepmom

DIS Veteran
DD9 has been growing her hair for what seems like forever and today she donated it to Locks of Love! I'm so proud of her...she has always loved her long hair. She gets tons of compliments on it and she loves the attention. She has been talking about donating for a some time and last week she made the decision to do it today. Here's some pics (I did take pics at the salon, but screwed up...I used DD's camera which didn't have a memory card in it and I don't know how to get thoe pics onto the computer, so here's what I have at home)

this is from her b'day party a couple of weeks ago:
peyton001.jpg

and now:
peyton.jpg

peyton019.jpg

thanks for listening to me brag! :goodvibes

What a sweetheart! Her new 'do is adorable. My girls did this last year and they're growing it out to do it again. It's a great feeling to know you're helping someone else.

I love her new look. My dd did this a couple years ago. You have every right to be proud of your dd and she should be proud of herself. Congratulations on raising a thoughful child.

How wonderful for your DD to do this!

Actually, my DH has done this twice and is on his way to doing it a 3rd time. Our darling 11 year old granddaughter is a cancer survivor.

awww...thanks everyone! We went on the Locks of Love site and she saw the pictures of the recipients with and without their new hair. I think it really made her happy to know she was helping out another child!

disney1990 ~ I don't think I've ever heard of a guy donating their hair before! How sweet! So good to hear your granddaughter is a survivor...that makes it that much more special for your DH to donate :hug:

i recently heard from someone that she refused to donate to "Locks" because they charge the recipients of the hair a large fee to construct the wig.

Anyone familiar with the organization that can either refute or assertain that rumour?

I'd really like to know as i thought they were a great charity.

That's great!!! :) My DD5 donated her hair to Locks of Love when she was 3! She has plans to do it again in the near future!!! I think it's wonderful!

When I was in 6th grade I donated 17 inches to locks of love. I would put up pictures but they're not on this computer.

I am currently growing out my hair again to donate it but it's going to be a tough day when it comes.

That's great!
I've been trying to grow out my hair, and if I ever get anywhere with it, I'm thinking of donating too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter