So, okay, AAA or find a code?

arkitekt

Earning My Ears
Well, I'm the new guy here. Trying to plan my five day six night vacation for disneyworld in late March of 2010. Obviously I have found this great site and naturally migrated right into the "find it cheaper" section. So what are my options out there? I found AAA costs about $56 per year but gives me a 10% discount on resorts, right? Would there be any codes I could find for late march? Would they be specific to the Carebian resort. My wife wants this one cuz she heard it was nice and in our price range. But if I could find a good code I could upgrade. We live in Illinois if that is helpful. Traveling with 2-3 adults and 2 children ages 6 and 3.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

IF it was me, I would try to find a good code. They usually have the latest ones on mousesavers.com A code almost always gives you more than 10% off. It's usually more like 30% off. JMHO

I agree -- I'm pretty sure some sort of discount will be offered, especially considering the state of the economy and how disney has been releasing a lot of discounts in the last year. The only thing I should question is if your trip is scheduled for the very end of March/beginning of April because I think Easter is on April 4 in 2010, right? If so, you'd be hitting Easter break and discounts may not be as good as during the beginning or middle of March. This Easter, disney did offer the 4/3 deal during Easter weeks, but it's only a guess if they'll do the same in 2010.

Also, you'll find speculation and any discount news right here on the DIS, particularly right in this Codes section.

I agree with a few other posters in that a code would be a better than 10%, but if you are going to week before Easter then it might not be as great of a deal, and the crowds will be a little heavier.

Caribbean Beach Resort can only hold 4 to a room, so keep that in mind, if possibly 5 of you will be in the same room. Port Orlean's riverside has rooms for 5, but after 2 adults you will be charged an extra fee for the 3rd adult if all in the same room. I would also wait for a better discount.

Could you use the services of AAA otherwise? Towing, fix a flat, replace battery, etc.? I know some insurances cover these, mine didn't so that is why I have AAA.

I book a AAA rate, then if a better code comes out, I just call and try to get that one applied instead.

I wouldn't get AAA just for the discount though, unless it was the only one posssible and it saved over the cost of membership.

I've had flats fixed in snowstorms, batteries changed at 4am, all just out of pocket a tip for the serviceman. I've gotten my dues back many times over, so totally worth it to me.

And, AAA cover you, not your car. So if you were driving with a friend and their car broke down, you could use the services.

What I did this year for our trip in 61 days:woohoo::woohoo:, was I booked CBR in March with a AAA discount. For 6 nights, it was $147 nightly. And then I watched disboards for discounts. I knew codes would probably come out later August, but at least I already had AAA. Mind you, I booked through Disney so that if a code did come out and I called, it wouldn't be a big deal to change. And so it wasn't. I actually had two choices..the DV free dining or room only discount. And I did change and they were great about it.

Do realize that it is peak season, rooms will go quickly, crowds will be heavy, and the discounts will go quickly.

We did go last year on our spring break (which was earlier in March). And I snagged a code early January. But you have to get on here daily to make sure if something comes up!

Hope this helps!

61days til 25 Anniversary!!!! CBR Oct 6-12:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My AAA discount at a mod was 20%... Perhaps due to it being a different "season"?

Okay, so basically I should get my reservation for my 6 nights and wait for a code to come up.

Is that correct?

If no code comes up then get AAA and apply that to the room through Disney.

I have no choice of the dates really. It is the weedays of the 19th through the 24th of March. Sunday night through thursday or friday. Spring break for my 1st grader.

Thanks for the input.

You can book your reservation with the AAA discount now. You do not need to be a member until check-in, when they will ask to see your card. That way you can guarantee the rate now, but not commit to buying a membership unless you need it!

You can book your reservation with the AAA discount now. You do not need to be a member until check-in, when they will ask to see your card. That way you can guarantee the rate now, but not commit to buying a membership unless you need it!
Not necessarily. When I booked my AAA for January, 2009, they asked for my AAA number before they'd book it. And OP, when the 4/3 deal came out in November, 2008, I had no problem changing my reservation. I did have to upgrade my room, though, since the category I had booked was already taken for the promotion. There are only a certain number of rooms of each category at each resort available for any discount.

Not necessarily. When I booked my AAA for January, 2009, they asked for my AAA number before they'd book it. And OP, when the 4/3 deal came out in November, 2008, I had no problem changing my reservation. I did have to upgrade my room, though, since the category I had booked was already taken for the promotion. There are only a certain number of rooms of each category at each resort available for any discount.

I booked with AAA this week and they asked me for my AAA member number.

I also had to give mine AAA number. However, 2 years ago I was inbetween a lapse in coverage, and what the cm let me do was use a number I had just received by signing up for AAA online. Then when I got the official card in the mail I called back and gave them that number.

So you could go online, fill out the AAA info and get to right before you commit to pay, then call Disney and find out about the rates, then finish the AAA.

I'm not sure if this is always acceptable policy or if I just had a very patient cm that day. I explained it all to him first, that I was trying to see if I wanted to renew AAA or go with another company, and if the discount was worth it. He was one of the best CMs I've ever had. He laughed and said, well I have done alot of things but this is a first :rotfl: and joked he should get a commission from AAA as well!

Every time I have used the AAA discount to book at room at WDW, a better offer has come out and I've changed the reservation. But, I use the AAA discount for the other (non-Disney) hotel and attraction ticket discounts they offer and it more than pays for my membership. If you travel much at all it is worth it. If you're joining just to get the discount at WDW, I think you can probably get a better discount with a code.

You need to figure out if you will be 2 or 3 adults plus 2 kids, as it will make a big difference in making your reservation. 2 adults and 2 kids can stay anywhere. 3 adults and 2 kids are much more limited in resort choices, unless of course, paying for 2 rooms in not an issue for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter