So now where to stay at OKW?

jpolak

DIS Veteran
So I called MS to check the new reservation policy and re-checked availabilty for a dedicated 2bdrm. I was very happy to hear that yes there are "ample" rooms available, I was disappointed that there are none available in the Hospitality House area. I kind of knew that would happen but was holding out hope. As I anxiously await my seven month window to finally get here (July 15th), we (me) are trying to figure out where in OKW to stay. I would really like to be near the first or second bus stop, any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA:thumbsup2

We have been their many times and not being able to be next to the hospitality house is a bummer but we like the small pools for early morning swim and to have a nice time not so crowd. I would suggest use the area by the turtle shac pool area. It's easy walk of minutes from building 32,33,35,44,43,42,41,40. Sorry for the order. We've stayed here and it can work out great. Short walk to bus stop and really only 5-10 minutes to hospitality. If you really want to be close to hosp. go for building 23,24,25,26 just across the bridge.:cool2: :cool2: Will be back in Oct for food/wine and halloweeen party.

I don't stress too much about which bus stop I'm at. I actually like the location of buildings 15, 16, 18, 19, 20. You are near enough to HH to walk easily, and also near a quiet pool. The Miller's Road bus stop is the one just before HH, and if you want to, you can still walk back easily from Penninsular Road on the way back into the resort. That extra 5 minutes on the bus doesn't bother me anyway if I have to go through the whole resort.

Sounds good and thanks for the info! I am really considering just making the reservation and letting the chips fall where they do. Probably not though.:rotfl2:

Sounds good and thanks for the info! I am really considering just making the reservation and letting the chips fall where they do. Probably not though.:rotfl2:

Actually, that is what we usually do! There is really only one area of OKW that I'm not fond of and it's an area a lot of people really like. I really have not had good luck in the Turtle Pond area. If I were to give my very favorite buildings, it would be 45,46 followed closely by 55, 15, 13, 16, and 18. I really like the South Point area, but some of the buildings there are a bit near the outside road. The South Point bus stop is the second one coming into the resort, so we always get a seat (unlike HH where it is often full before the bus gets to the stop early in the morning), and its a quick off when we are coming back into the resort at park closing time.

Do you know the order of the bus stops? I was under the impression that the HH area was the first stop.

Do you know the order of the bus stops? I was under the impression that the HH area was the first stop.

Pennisular Road is first (just across the bridge from HH)
South Point
Turtle Pond
Miller's Road
Hospitality House

That's the order as the bus comes into the resort. So if you are within easy walking distance of Penninsular Road, you can get off there and be a first off coming in, but HH is always the last stop before the bus leaves the resort.

We recently stayed in Building 15 and it was very near to HH and the Pool. Just a very small walk away!

We usually request a waterview. Sometimes we get the golf course, sometimes the Trumbo Canal. This last time we got Bldg 46 and it was great.

By the way, for the Internal Bus, that bus will stop at the HH both first and last. Otherwise, it's always last on the list of stops.

I just wanted to add my vote for buildings 45 & 46! We just stayed there two weeks ago (4521). It was FANTASTIC. I love OKW so much... :goodvibes

-- Dave

We recently stayed in Building 15 and it was very near to HH and the Pool. Just a very small walk away!

I also really liked Building 15-close enough for convenience to Good's to Go, yet far enough away to feel quiet. But my favorite building (actually they're all my favorite, come to think of it) is building 42-steps from the Turtle Shack pool area, out of the way of any bus noise.

These all sound great and I can't wait to stay there. I think I'll make the reservation and follow my four year olds advice, "You get what you get and you don't get upset!"

These all sound great and I can't wait to stay there. I think I'll make the reservation and follow my four year olds advice, "You get what you get and you don't get upset!"

LOL, you have a wise 4 year old!!!

You know, in the more than 15 stays at OKW, Ive never made a special request, and honestly, I've never been dissapointed. I can't say the same about the BWV or the BCV.

Enjoy your stay wherever you end up and you have the right attitude!

building 62-64 are not part of HH.

that say agree - South Pointe - 2nd bus stop and it feels a million miles away from everything.

Thanks a lot all. Great advice my "friends" on the Dis come through again!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter