So now what??

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
We're planning a trip for August 2012. It will be our third trip since 2008.

For the 2008 trip, I planned obsessively. I was facing a mastectomy a few weeks after the trip, and had a lot of long, sleepless nights. It was either research Breast Cancer or research Disney, so I choose Disney. So I've become pretty knowledgeable.

We (that tends to mean "I") know where we're going to stay (Beach Club) and what type of room I want to request. (Full balcony on the Epcot end.)

I've decided which travel agent I want to work with.

We'll book when the prices come out in February.(ETA: OOPS... that should read: August. ADRs are February)

I know what type of tickets we want: 8 day parkhoppers, (No water parks) and I know we want DDP.

I've played with ADR ideas; that's a work in progress.

So now what??

Oh, I know I could work on the 85 Geometry projects still sitting in the trunk of my car (I started with 141, and have already graded and returned the 35 Algebra projects I collected last week). And I really have to get to the 26 Junior letters of Recommendation due in a few weeks. And I will. Honest.

But at 5:45 in the morning, when I want to do Disney instead of schoolwork or housework, what else can I work on??

Any ideas??

I went through the obsessive over planning for our last trip because I was let go from the job (the company let every employee go except family) that I had had since I was 16 years old (I was 40 when I was let go) and was having terrible anxiety attacks while looking for a new job and trying to juggle all our bills on unemployment and my DH's salary (his hours had been cut a month before). It was my "happy place" I could go to and forget that my life had just drastically changed.

I like to read the trip reports and the dining reports, research less known restaurants, keep up with the FL Expansion, and browse the Attractions board when I need my Disney fix.

Try a virtual tour of the parks or your favorite attractions via youtube. I pick a park and then search for videos of the attractions I want to 'ride' that day and just spend time getting lost in a virtual day at the parks. I tend to only listen to the videos b/c I can do that while I work but sometimes I get to watch and listen to them. It's a great way for me to get my Disney fix.

We're planning a trip for August 2012. It will be our third trip since 2008.

We'll book when the prices come out in February.

Price should come out in August. You can do ADRs in February. :goodvibes

I'm right there with you, OP. I am planning our June 2012 trip. We might take one of DD's friends, so I am investigating rooms that sleep five. I am also reading restaurant reviews since we like to try at least one new place each time, and DH wants to do a tour, so I am picking it out for him. ;)

Other than that, I'm waiting for prices and for December to make our ADRs. We are going to Universal next month, so I pop over there to see what's going on, but we have been before a few times and went last summer, so I feel pretty ready for that trip too.

Whenever we plan our next trip, one of the "rituals" is to put together a spreadsheet that shows the hours for every park, which parks have extra magic hours, after hours parties, etc. for the days we'll be there. Then we plan out which park we'll go to in the morning and evening each day, decide on where and when our TS and CS meals will be, which days we might take a non-park day, etc. That takes us at least a week, maybe two depending on how much time we have each night to look at it after dinner is over, "chores" are done and before I nod off on the couch. Sometimes we have to go back and make adjustments if the TS restaurant we want isn't open when we wanted it. We spend time researching restaurants we haven't tried, looking at menus, reading reviews. It's all great fun and really gets us in the Disney mood. I'll even sometimes turn on some Disney music while we're planning. For us, planning is half the fun!

Price should come out in August. You can do ADRs in February. :goodvibes

I'm right there with you, OP. I am planning our June 2012 trip. We might take one of DD's friends, so I am investigating rooms that sleep five. I am also reading restaurant reviews since we like to try at least one new place each time, and DH wants to do a tour, so I am picking it out for him. ;)

Other than that, I'm waiting for prices and for December to make our ADRs. We are going to Universal next month, so I pop over there to see what's going on, but we have been before a few times and went last summer, so I feel pretty ready for that trip too.

Sorry, that was a dumb typo.

I realize prices come out in August, sorry if I confused anyone.
Serves me right for posting when I should be getting ready for school :)

Thank you!!

As to rooms that sleep 5:
Family Suite at ASM
Connecting rooms anywhere
POR Trundle rooms
Most of the Deluxes (aside from WL and AKL standard rooms)

I can't wait to try the Beach Club!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter