• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So my kids decided to play "barber shop" yesterday...

I have no clue, lol. They had to sit outside their classrooms till the bell rang on Monday morning, so that is why they are sitting there.

HonestAbe said:
Perhaps mom could sell this story to close friends and family but to strangers and in public dress her in a pair of khakis and a shirt and tie. I mean work with what you;ve got here. That's all I am suggesting. If I were walking through the mall and I saw a little blond haired boy dressed in a cute Sunday dress I would be giving that mom some dirty looks.

:sad2:

Regardless of your opinion on this girls appearance--that suggestion is just inappropriate!

Perhaps your honesty should remain out of your posts!

Talking Hands said:
If you bothered to look at picture in post #3 you would have seen that there was no way to cut except into a pixie cut. Her hair will grow over time and if she and Mom want it long it will be that way again.
Very nice job Mom. She looks real cute. Dress her as a girl and don't worry about people say. If she is anything like my daughter she will set them straight. She had to have her hair shaved off, was allowed to stay home after with the permission of the principal. That lasted all of a week and she insisted going back to school with a hat which promptly was pulled off by one of the boys. Her attitude was so what now you all have seen it I don't need to wear a hat. She got on with life and set anyone straight who thought she was a boy.
Thanks for the support. My daughter has a strong will too, I have a feeling that she will set anyone straight that tries to call her a boy too.

momof3disneyholics said:
***??? Did you even read my story??? Number one, I didn't choose to cut her hair, I had to get it evened out after her brother cut it. I didn't change the color. Where did that even come from???
So, I guess you're telling me to dress her like a boy, just because her brother cut her hair?? How would that help the situation?? She is a girl either way. So, I guess all those women that have their hair cut short should start dressing like a man too? This wasn't suppose to be a flame thread. Your comments don't even make sense, stay away.

My Kindest apologies if I have offended thee my dear lady. I was only pointing out that I dont particularly care for that style of cut on a young lady but perhaps you having a budding stylist in your home...a future Paul Mitchell if you will...but his technique at this point leaves a lot to be desired. However, if you do not want honest comments on your child's appearance perhaps you shouldnt post pictures of them on the Internet. Because we all know people dont lie on the Internet. And I would reconsider leaving my children alone with a pair of scissors in the near future. H.A.

Its a good thing that the Dis has an ignore list.

HonestAbe said:
My Kindest apologies if I have offended thee my dear lady. I was only pointing out that I dont particularly care for that style of cut on a young lady but perhaps you having a budding stylist in your home...a future Paul Mitchell if you will...but his technique at this point leaves a lot to be desired. However, if you do not want honest comments on your child's appearance perhaps you shouldnt post pictures of them on the Internet. Because we all know people dont lie on the Internet. And I would reconsider leaving my children alone with a pair of scissors in the near future. H.A.
He's 8, kids have scissors in their backpacks for school, and you're a troll, quite possibly a regular Diser posting under a different name. There is no call for this crap, you are just trying to start trouble under an innocent thread.

I love it!! I used to have my hair that short in 1st grade. Yes I did it by choice!! I loved it and was never teased and a few other girls had theirs cut the same way. She looks adorable though!
-Sarah

momof3disneyholics said:
He's 8, kids have scissors in their backpacks for school, and you're a troll, quite possibly a regular Diser posting under a different name. There is no call for this crap, you are just trying to start trouble under an innocent thread.

Well I will take my leave of this thread and wish you long life and long hair. I just wanted to have a little fun with your thread but it was meant in good fun. No more comments about the hair..I promise. And your daughter is very cute and I'm not saying that to appease you. She is a little darling and I am sure she is very sweet to match. Like I said, it was meant in good fun and sorry if I offended you. Au Revoir. H.A. :wave2:

Oh I remember that pixie cut from when I had it 30+ years ago....but my mom did it to me for no reason other than she wanted it that way! I can't tell you how many times I heard "excuse me young man" or excuse me little boy"....I wanted to scream LOL!! I was not a dress wearer though so a lot of that could have been avoided if I wore a dress LOL....and after the pixie cut my mom moved me onto the "shag" which was just as bad LOL!!!

aprilgail2 said:
Oh I remember that pixie cut from when I had it 30+ years ago....but my mom did it to me for no reason other than she wanted it that way! I can't tell you how many times I heard "excuse me young man" or excuse me little boy"....I wanted to scream LOL!! I was not a dress wearer though so a lot of that could have been avoided if I wore a dress LOL....and after the pixie cut my mom moved me onto the "shag" which was just as bad LOL!!!

OK - what does a shag haircut look like? I seriously envision a ratty old mop head. Please tell me that's not it.

Been there, done that. 3 years ago my then 5 year old cut my then 1 year old's curls off. I could have killed her!!! Then, she hid the hair and pretended nothing happened. I took one look at the baby and knew - so I asked the 5 year old and she LIED to me!! I thought the baby found scissors and did it to herself. But, the 5 year old had this strange look on her face and finally fessed up. We all laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny at the time!!

Awww she's a cutie!

BTDT but my DD(about 3 at the time) cut her own hair, while sitting in front of the TV, she didn't even use a mirror! LOL! I laugh now but I was so upset back then. We had been growing her bangs out & she decided she didn't want bangs so she cut them off, she didn't understand the growing them out concept. There was really nothing we could do, just had to wait for them to grow back out. ;)

palmtreegirl said:
Awww she's a cutie!

BTDT but my DD(about 3 at the time) cut her own hair, while sitting in front of the TV, she didn't even use a mirror! LOL! I laugh now but I was so upset back then. We had been growing her bangs out & she decided she didn't want bangs so she cut them off, she didn't understand the growing them out concept. There was really nothing we could do, just had to wait for them to grow back out. ;)
My Dd did the same thing when she was 5.I had just gotten her bangs down to her chin and could pull them back.

I think your daughter looks adorable in all the pics. She is beautiful.

Hair grows back but HonestAbe you cannot take back your words. They were arrogant and mean. How can you say you were only having fun? At an innocent child's expense? Shame on you!

I think your daughther looks adorable with her new 'do :)

My 4 year old niece gave herself a haircut the week before she was set to be the flower girl in my wedding :scared1

My soon to be SIL called me all upset apologizing profusely, fearing it would "ruin" my pictures. My niece had waited until everyone had gone to sleep and then went and got the craft scissors from the basket (you know, the ones with the funny shaped edges for scrapbooking and such) and cut all her hair off. She hid all the hair under her bed and went back to sleep. When her mom found her in the morning, she couldn't figure out what had happened :rotfl:

Her "punishment" was that she had to wear her hair the way she had cut it for 1 week (she got it fixed the day before the wedding). My SIL told me that she caught her looking in the mirror at it one day and said to her "do you see what you did to your hair?" And without missing a beat, my niece replied "yes, and I think I look ravishing" :rotfl2:

I don't even know where she came up with the word "ravishing", but it was too funny. We had a crown of flowers made to go in her new pixie cut and she looked adorable for the wedding. I'd post a picture...but I can't figure out how! princess:

Well at least her new haircut is adorable.

Your daughter's new do is adorable and your story reminded me of the time my brother (7 at the time) cut our neighbor's hair (also 7 at the time) with the hedgeclippers!!! Poor boy was lucky he didn't lose an ear!!

3gr8kids said:
Your daughter's new do is adorable and your story reminded me of the time my brother (7 at the time) cut our neighbor's hair (also 7 at the time) with the hedgeclippers!!! Poor boy was lucky he didn't lose an ear!!
:earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter