• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

Not one of my favorites, but I ride when the others want to.

Oct2012Middle641.jpg

Oct2012Middle643.jpg

Oct2012Middle645.jpg

Oct2012Middle648.jpg

Checking out a pirate weapon.

Oct2012Middle649.jpg

Oct2012Middle650.jpg

Oct2012Middle652.jpg

Then it was time for Splash Mountain.

Oct2012Middle653.jpg

Oct2012Middle654.jpg

I think Jill and I were designated kidsitters while men, Rebecca, Brooklynn, and Mary Beth went to ride.

Oct2012Middle655.jpg

Oct2012Middle656.jpg

Sophie is under there somewhere.

Oct2012Middle657.jpg

I was wrong. Looks like Mary Beth stayed with us, too.

Oct2012Middle658.jpg

Oct2012Middle659.jpg

Oct2012Middle661.jpg

Next up, pictures with Woody and Jessie.

Oct2012Middle662.jpg

Oct2012Middle663.jpg

Oct2012Middle664.jpg

Oct2012Middle665.jpg

Oct2012Middle667.jpg

Oct2012Middle668.jpg

This shot was to remind people that this is really meant for very young kids and that your 10 to 12 year old kids really shouldn't be flying all around in this area, climbing on the roof tops and jumping off, etc.

Just in case that was what was happening (and it was) while we were there.

Oct2012Middle669.jpg

I was lucky to get a pretty 'clean' shot mostly without kids.

Oct2012Middle670.jpg

That's it for this morning. Happy Friday, friends!

Aw Bella is like a pro now with the characters. Look at that smile.:cutie:

I would have been one riding Splash. My favorite!!:goodvibes

Ok if I HAD to watch the kids I would have.;)

Happy Friday.

Love that empty JC queue. Definitely taking my nephews there this summer. It's just such a fun ride.

And Splash - who doesn't love Splash.

Sophie is very well hidden there, isn't she?

My humor mostly consists of corny jokes, so Jungle Cruise is the perfect ride for me! :rotfl:

Pirates is not my favorite either. :confused3 To each their own!

When we get hit with such sad news it's always nice to have somewhere to go to share with friends, and to talk about the good in our lives as well as the bad. My heart goes out to all those affected by the events in Boston.
What a pleasure it is to see sunny pictures of smiling faces, especially a confident little Bella posing with the characters :)
And the other little thing that made me laugh today - "Mingo? Where are you???"

Trying to get all caught up around here! Such a busy week!!! And so many "distractions" with the events in Boston, which are still unfolding! It looks like one has already received justice, and hopefully the other is soon to be located and this ordeal come to an end, even though I know for many affected people, it will be a long time before it ever comes to an end, if it does........ :worried:

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone connected to this tragedy in some way, and also for the safety of the law enforcement officials who are currently in harms way trying to bring this to an end! :grouphug: :grouphug:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the runners, spectators and race staff at the Boston Marathon. The actions of an evil, depraved, disgusting person (or persons) made what should have been a great day into a day of tragedy. God bless everyone who was injured and their families.

I have three cousins in Boston, running the marathon. Their parents hadn't heard about it until Joey called and told them all were OK. They are there with the Iowa State Running Club - all of those young men are OK, too. They had finished the race, and I guess they were going back to their hotel when the explosion happened, which was about a mile from them. They're shaken but OK physically.

Sick, sick, sick.
Well said DWGal!! And so glad your cousins are fine! :hug:

I live just a few miles from Boston and I am absolutely heartbroken and sick over what happened today. Just two days ago, on Saturday, I was in the very area the explosions happened, and there were already SO many people there, from here and from all over, and so much excitement in the air. I am so, so sad and so sick over all of this happening in my amazing city and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected, as well as the first responders.
My thoughts and prayers to you Megablocks and everyone else in the Boston area!!! I have travelled there many times and always loved exploring such a beautiful and historic place. I'm sure I have probably stood in the exact area affected by this tragedy so I definitely feel a kindred spirit! :lovestruc

Maybe we'll have a big DIStown meet and eat at the castle someday. :thumbsup2 I think it will be a while before we do it again, though. We also need to do the luau, Hoop-De-Doo Review, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.
On a happier note, :woohoo: for each of those! Would love to join in those meet and eat's!!!

Looks like a fun meet for everyone with Merida! You got some really good pics and the girls seemed to be so deeply engaged in what she was saying! :)

While Jill was talking to a famous castmember, Sophie gave a her a left hook right in the mouth. :laughing:
Oh I love watching Barbara's dance moves! She is always so happy! I guess Sophie hasn't learned to appreciate them yet...............:rotfl:

What will you have - pineapple, vanilla, or orange?
Uh, one of each please........... :goodvibes

My hearts go out to everyone hurt in Boston. We too had injuries. One of our contract personal trainers was cheering her mom on and was seriously injured. If anyone has seen the picture of a woman just sitting by the curb in shock... that is her.

We were getting some news in most of the morning. While she already had multiple surgeries already, Her sister was critically injured.

So horrible.
:wave2: Pat! So sorry to hear about your co-worker and her sister!!! :hug: :hug:

That's Barbara. Watch her on youtube sometime. She really rocks the park with her moves! :cool1:
She's famous for having lost a lot of weight too, right??? :confused:

It is so sad that this special event and this time of celebration for so many turned out so tragically. The story about the mom whose daughters had come to cheer her on made me tear up. Mom was feeling guilty about it, and that is right where I know I would be. I would be so concerned for my kids, and I would be beating myself up for them having been there. Don't you know the mental anguish she is feeling? Many, many thoughts and prayers for all involved and for the children that will be raised in a world that has this kind of pain and fear in it.
So many sad and tragic stories............. :sad1:

Will these guys ever get the point?

Oct2012Middle634.jpg
:faint:..........are you auditioning for the job as a guide??? :lmao:

Jungle Cruise is a classic. Plenty of corny jokes that we all love, of course. A little added humor from the guide's personality. A few smiles when you hear the laughter or groaning from newbies as they hear the aforementioned corny jokes. And there is plenty of room for a large group of DIS friends to share this ride. :thumbsup2
I just love the Jungle Cruise! You are right...........so corny, but a definite classic that has to be experienced on a regular basis when I go........... :goodvibes

Let's hear it for PotC and Splash!!! Getting so many rides done! :banana:

Next up, pictures with Woody and Jessie.

Oct2012Middle663.jpg
Okay, does anyone know what happened to Jessie's neck? :confused3 She isn't like that in the movie............

The girls looked like they were having fun playing while waiting at Splash Mountain. When my kids were younger they loved playing on all the playgrounds at WDW. My husband would just shake his head and say we came all the way to WDW just to play on the playground, which we have one a block from our house. :goodvibes Of course the kids told him that we didn't have the ones like at WDW. They love the ones they setup in Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival.

Stopping in to check on friends in the Boston Area. :hug:

So nice to see Bella smiling with the characters and playing hard in the playground.

I will be back in 3 weeks and I am looking forward to the break for sure.

Stopping in to check on friends in the Boston Area. :hug:

So nice to see Bella smiling with the characters and playing hard in the playground.

I will be back in 3 weeks and I am looking forward to the break for sure.

Pat what day do you get there??

FRiday May 10- I see your ticker now, Arriving on Monday? I am leaving Tuesday the 14th .... Very short trip for me:sad2:

What time do you arrive on the 10th. We don't leave our resort until about 3:30. Our flight leaves around 6:30. Short trip for us also. 4 nights. But at least we are going.

What time do you arrive on the 10th. We don't leave our resort until about 3:30. Our flight leaves around 6:30. Short trip for us also. 4 nights. But at least we are going.

Oh you are Leaving on Friday the 10th ? Flight from Charlotte lands at 2:30. Almost looks like we will pass each other in ME. :sad2:

That darned MINGO!!!! I'm sure it's flown the coop and is probably in the Keys by now.....

Why in the world would parents allow their big kids to act up in a little kids play zone? You just have to wonder what they are thinking..... or if they are thinking at all.:mad:

Just wanted to thank everyone, again, for all their kindness in offering their thoughts and prayers, and for those who posted on my Facebook that they were thinking of me and hoping everything ended soon. I truly love Distown and am so grateful to be part of it!

The last 24 hours were very, very nerve-wracking - the latest development happened two cities over from me and people in MY city, like my sister and my boyfriend, were awake and heard and felt the booms. My sister thought it was Tufts University students getting rowdy and setting off fireworks (we are just down the street from their campus.) This morning, I was more than halfway to work when I got a text at seven a.m. that we were closed. Entire cities were on lockdown and I am very, very grateful that it is over, and for the amazing jobs by all first responders and law enforcement.

Also keeping everyone affected in Texas in my thoughts and prayers; it sure hasn't been an easy week. :grouphug: Makes me super grateful for Distown!

Just wanted to thank everyone, again, for all their kindness in offering their thoughts and prayers, and for those who posted on my Facebook that they were thinking of me and hoping everything ended soon. I truly love Distown and am so grateful to be part of it!

The last 24 hours were very, very nerve-wracking - the latest development happened two cities over from me and people in MY city, like my sister and my boyfriend, were awake and heard and felt the booms. My sister thought it was Tufts University students getting rowdy and setting off fireworks (we are just down the street from their campus.) This morning, I was more than halfway to work when I got a text at seven a.m. that we were closed. Entire cities were on lockdown and I am very, very grateful that it is over, and for the amazing jobs by all first responders and law enforcement.

Also keeping everyone affected in Texas in my thoughts and prayers; it sure hasn't been an easy week. :grouphug: Makes me super grateful for Distown!

Meghan, so glad that you and your family stayed safe in the wake of this violence and tragedy. It has been a very rough week and we continue to pray for all of you affected. The memories and fear will remain even though the threat seems to be gone now.:flower3:

Love Jungle Cruise!! One of my MK favorites!!

I didn't realize big kids were taking over the playground area!! There's so many areas for bigger kids to play, why not let the little ones have their space too??

So glad to see the craziness in Boston is settling down, and Meghan and so many other of our Boston-area friends stayed safe!! :grouphug:

20 pages behind...now caught up!

MeMom returned from her trip, Bella had a birthday, Jill and the gang left and returned and a crazy week came to an end. In between I got to enjoy a little happy place which I am missing terribly and December just feels so far away right now. Thanks as always for sharing!

from the sound of things on FB, there is an impromptu Dismeet this afternoon. Wish I was closer!

What a week. What a month April has been. think we all need these trip reports to our happy place to help us in these times.Thanks MeMom!

BTW. Since I was in the hospital for my and my DD's birthday (we share) I have decided to reschedule for a quick WDW weekend for us, DS and one of her friends. I know she will want to take off in MK with her friend as they are teenagers but I will get to surprise her with a O'hana's Bday breakfast! So happy! Just hoping the health holds out for it to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter