• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

I've taken those "normal" pictures at Pop. I just had to do it ;)

I'd walk a 5K too, I bet I could do that before being able to run it.

Ugh the bugs - I never enjoyed it, especially at night.

That picture of the girls on the wall is so cute and you captioned it perfectly. I thought the same thing about the lady looking at Jill. I also wondered what the CM by the door was looking at.

I definitely can fill you in on the happenings at POP overnight. Some times it was nice...but verrry slow..

That cream cheese french toast sounds DELISH! That was nice of the CM to give it to you for free. Now I gotta try that and the tonga toast.
LOL, DBF says I got too excited about Disney breakfast food at 10:51 pm. ;)

:hug: I'm glad your cousins are okay.

:hug:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Boston. :hug:

If you move to Tennessee, we'll become after school walking buddies. :thumbsup2

Have you talked to your dad since he saw Jill and the girls? He sent me a text saying how tall they were getting. Brooklynn will probably 'out-tall' Mr. Ed within the next few years. ;)

You should try making Tonga Toast at home. Do you ever look at and try Disney recipes?

Looks delicious! My mouth is watering just looking at it.

Makes me want some for breakfast this morning...but a frozen waffle with peanut butter and banana is what will actually happen.

Jill Update: They spent the day in Animal Kingdom, swam at Coronado, had dinner there, then went to Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic. She, like me, loves that show and thinks it is the best ending to a Disney day. She messaged me when they were in line. I was going to youtube it and watch along with her, but I fell asleep in the middle of a stack of papers. :sad1:

This morning, they have a Crystal Palace breakfast. They are going to spend the day in Magic Kingdom, since they did so little there the other day. I looked at the weather, and it is going to be hot again, so hopefully they can get there early and get a lot of things done before it gets too bad.

I found out last night that one of the people killed went to my high school, and graduated just a year ahead of me. We had a class together when I was a junior and she was a senior, so I didn't really know her, but I knew of her, and we have a mutual friend. I had a scheduled day off from work today, but my co-teacher texted me earlier that they were evacuated this morning because of a suspicious package in a barrel on the same street our school is located. The shock of this happening here is never going to go away, but as I shared on Facebook from George Takei, "Bostonians are a tough and resilient people accustomed to overcoming obstacles. They don’t take anything lying down."

From all of us, Meghan, to your town.

:hug:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Boston. :hug:

Thank you so much. :grouphug: I am so glad to have the DIS! The pictures on Facebook and on here are helping put a smile on my face!

More:hug: and :flower3:
I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and all the people there. I have always loved Boston. I grew up visiting my grandparents there (my mom is from there). So many fond memories.

Megablocks,
So sorry, I just saw her picture on TV, what a lovelyl smile she had, I was thinking, ....and then the commentator said her friends said she was know for her beautiful smile. What a terrible thing to happen. Saying prayers for all involved. Deb in NY

Megablocks- so sorry to hear, sending thoughts and prayers from CT. We love Boston and try to get there as often as possible...it is a great "small town" city.

On another note, found it ironic that I was in Newtown for a tennis match when I heard about the incident :( so much heartache for the area.

Megablocks - my thoughts and prayers are with you and all the people of Boston. I'm sure she was a lovely girl and I'll be keeping her family in my prayers

I found out last night that one of the people killed went to my high school, and graduated just a year ahead of me. We had a class together when I was a junior and she was a senior, so I didn't really know her, but I knew of her, and we have a mutual friend. I had a scheduled day off from work today, but my co-teacher texted me earlier that they were evacuated this morning because of a suspicious package in a barrel on the same street our school is located. The shock of this happening here is never going to go away, but as I shared on Facebook from George Takei, "Bostonians are a tough and resilient people accustomed to overcoming obstacles. They don’t take anything lying down."

Thank you so much. :grouphug: I am so glad to have the DIS! The pictures on Facebook and on here are helping put a smile on my face!

More:hug: and :flower3:
I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and all the people there. I have always loved Boston. I grew up visiting my grandparents there (my mom is from there). So many fond memories.

Megablocks,
So sorry, I just saw her picture on TV, what a lovelyl smile she had, I was thinking, ....and then the commentator said her friends said she was know for her beautiful smile. What a terrible thing to happen. Saying prayers for all involved. Deb in NY

Megablocks- so sorry to hear, sending thoughts and prayers from CT. We love Boston and try to get there as often as possible...it is a great "small town" city.

On another note, found it ironic that I was in Newtown for a tennis match when I heard about the incident :( so much heartache for the area.

Megablocks - my thoughts and prayers are with you and all the people of Boston. I'm sure she was a lovely girl and I'll be keeping her family in my prayers

And I just saw a news report on the eight year old boy, Martin, who died from his injuries. His mother and sister are injured, as well. In a moment's time - in a second's time - lives can change drastically or be ended. It is a constant reminder of the precious gift that time is. It is something to be treasured, for sure.

Thank you, DIS friends, for hanging around here with us and for all of the ways you bless our lives. We love the way everyone supports and encourages each other through tough times, and the way we rejoice in each others' good times. I know our thoughts and prayers will continue for all those affected by this sadness.

After our royal tum-tums were full, we headed to see Merida.

We had to wait for a short time, so I took the opportunity to sit on a bench outside Cosmic Ray's. It helps when I can sit in little spurts, and since nothing was going on while standing in line, this was a good time.

Oct2012Middle602.jpg

Merida is so excited to see all of her little friends coming to see her.

Oct2012Middle603.jpg

Notice, the brother bears are gone. Bella wanted to know where they were. I don't remember if she got an answer or not.

Oct2012Middle604.jpg

Oct2012Middle605.jpg

Oct2012Middle606.jpg

While Jill was talking to a famous castmember, Sophie gave a her a left hook right in the mouth. :laughing:

Oct2012Middle607.jpg

Oct2012Middle608.jpg

A little time with Peter Pan.

Oct2012Middle609.jpg

Oct2012Middle610.jpg

Oct2012Middle611.jpg

Oct2012Middle613.jpg

What will you have - pineapple, vanilla, or orange?

Oct2012Middle612.jpg

A root beer float for me, no doubt. :thumbsup2

Oct2012Middle614.jpg

Mingo? Where are you???

Oct2012Middle615.jpg

Oct2012Middle616.jpg

Oct2012Middle617.jpg

Oct2012Middle618.jpg

Oct2012Middle619.jpg

Time to see fairies now.

Oct2012Middle620.jpg

Oct2012Middle621.jpg

Oct2012Middle622.jpg

On to Magic Carpets, where Mr. Sun was making pictures difficult.

Oct2012Middle623.jpg

That's it for now.
Have a good evening, friends, and enjoy counting your blessings as you fall asleep tonight.

While Jill was talking to a famous castmember, Sophie gave a her a left hook right in the mouth. :laughing:

Oct2012Middle607.jpg

Ha! on the left hook. Famous castmember? Is this an inside joke related to a previous trip report? I thought I had read them all, but I might have missed a detail...

Oh Meghan I'm so sorry - I saw her lovely face tonight in TV. How horrific. My prayers are with you :hug:

Megablocks- My prayers are with everyone in Boston. I pray for all the families involved. It is such a tragic event. That sweet little 8 year old just breaks my heart. He was just enjoying eating ice cream with his family. I saw the girl you knew on the internet today. So tragic also.
It is hard to explain these things to my 7 year old when he has questions. He has been sick today and was with me. He would see random things about it and ask questions. Hard to explain to him why there is evil in the world.

momof2TNboys said:
Megablocks- My prayers are with everyone in Boston. I pray for all the families involved. It is such a tragic event. That sweet little 8 year old just breaks my heart. He was just enjoying eating ice cream with his family. I saw the girl you knew on the internet today. So tragic also.
It is hard to explain these things to my 7 year old when he has questions. He has been sick today and was with me. He would see random things about it and ask questions. Hard to explain to him why there is evil in the world.

I had to explain to Brooklynn why they had dogs sniffing the buses before we were allowed on. I told her what had happened in Boston. On a regular day I can think parenting is so hard, but give me a day where I have to explain that those dogs on our bus sniff out bombs and that that is a very real threat in our crazy world, well a regular day just doesn't seem so difficult.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the runners, spectators and race staff at the Boston Marathon. The actions of an evil, depraved, disgusting person (or persons) made what should have been a great day into a day of tragedy. God bless everyone who was injured and their families.

I have three cousins in Boston, running the marathon. Their parents hadn't heard about it until Joey called and told them all were OK. They are there with the Iowa State Running Club - all of those young men are OK, too. They had finished the race, and I guess they were going back to their hotel when the explosion happened, which was about a mile from them. They're shaken but OK physically.

Sick, sick, sick.

I live just a few miles from Boston and I am absolutely heartbroken and sick over what happened today. Just two days ago, on Saturday, I was in the very area the explosions happened, and there were already SO many people there, from here and from all over, and so much excitement in the air. I am so, so sad and so sick over all of this happening in my amazing city and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected, as well as the first responders.

And I just saw a news report on the eight year old boy, Martin, who died from his injuries. His mother and sister are injured, as well. In a moment's time - in a second's time - lives can change drastically or be ended. It is a constant reminder of the precious gift that time is. It is something to be treasured, for sure.

Thank you, DIS friends, for hanging around here with us and for all of the ways you bless our lives. We love the way everyone supports and encourages each other through tough times, and the way we rejoice in each others' good times. I know our thoughts and prayers will continue for all those affected by this sadness.

My hearts go out to everyone hurt in Boston. We too had injuries. One of our contract personal trainers was cheering her mom on and was seriously injured. If anyone has seen the picture of a woman just sitting by the curb in shock... that is her.

Here is an article some-from-charlotte-are-among

We were getting some news in most of the morning. While she already had multiple surgeries already, Her sister was critically injured.

So horrible.

I had to explain to Brooklynn why they had dogs sniffing the buses before we were allowed on. I told her what had happened in Boston. On a regular day I can think parenting is so hard, but give me a day where I have to explain that those dogs on our bus sniff out bombs and that that is a very real threat in our crazy world, well a regular day just doesn't seem so difficult.

So true. I remember 9-11 and having to explain it to my kids when they asked why.

Aww, cripes!
:hug: to you too Pat! Hoping and praying for your friends/family to recover.

It is hard to deal with such horrific things all around us and the kids do have a lot of questions. I'm so glad we have this community for support and friendship to help us through it all.

I'll have pineapple at Aloha Isle, doesn't have to be a float, the soft serve will be just fine...
Jill, did fine the famous dancing CM, just in time to get socked in the face by Sophie! Guess stopping to visit wasn't in the plans for the newest member of the Tucker family.

Megablocks, so sorry for the saddness you are going through in Boston. It is quite tragic.
I hadn't thought how it might be affecting those vacationing at Disney right now. It is a relief that they are taking precautions though. Better safe than sorry.

Thoughts and prayers with you too, Pat.

The boys were in school for 9/11 and it had to be dealt with at some level for them there ...there were kids in their school whose parents were pilots out of NYC and some who worked in lower manhattan. Justin was in lock- down on 12/14 because we are so close to sandy hook and in the beginning no one really knew what was going on. Then yesterday, Justin was on a bus to Newtown to play a tennis match when he heard. He never really talks about any of this... usually in round about ways. Our kids really have had so much to deal with :(

Wishing you all better days, my friends.

On a happier note, I'll have a pineapple dole whip float and then on another day a root beer float :) I'm thinking this summer will be hot enough- was definitely not this past Christmas.

Thoughts and prayers to all those in Boston, as well as to all in the DIS community who have friends or relatives who were affected by the bombings. I am without words to really express how I feel, other than I am really sad.:sad1:

Ha! on the left hook. Famous castmember? Is this an inside joke related to a previous trip report? I thought I had read them all, but I might have missed a detail...

That's Barbara. Watch her on youtube sometime. She really rocks the park with her moves! :cool1:

Oh Meghan I'm so sorry - I saw her lovely face tonight in TV. How horrific. My prayers are with you :hug:

My hearts go out to everyone hurt in Boston. We too had injuries. One of our contract personal trainers was cheering her mom on and was seriously injured. If anyone has seen the picture of a woman just sitting by the curb in shock... that is her.

Here is an article some-from-charlotte-are-among

We were getting some news in most of the morning. While she already had multiple surgeries already, Her sister was critically injured.

So horrible.

So true. I remember 9-11 and having to explain it to my kids when they asked why.

Aww, cripes!
:hug: to you too Pat! Hoping and praying for your friends/family to recover.

It is hard to deal with such horrific things all around us and the kids do have a lot of questions. I'm so glad we have this community for support and friendship to help us through it all.

Megablocks, so sorry for the saddness you are going through in Boston. It is quite tragic.
I hadn't thought how it might be affecting those vacationing at Disney right now. It is a relief that they are taking precautions though. Better safe than sorry.

Thoughts and prayers with you too, Pat.

The boys were in school for 9/11 and it had to be dealt with at some level for them there ...there were kids in their school whose parents were pilots out of NYC and some who worked in lower manhattan. Justin was in lock- down on 12/14 because we are so close to sandy hook and in the beginning no one really knew what was going on. Then yesterday, Justin was on a bus to Newtown to play a tennis match when he heard. He never really talks about any of this... usually in round about ways. Our kids really have had so much to deal with :(

Wishing you all better days, my friends.

Thoughts and prayers to all those in Boston, as well as to all in the DIS community who have friends or relatives who were affected by the bombings. I am without words to really express how I feel, other than I am really sad.:sad1:

It is so sad that this special event and this time of celebration for so many turned out so tragically. The story about the mom whose daughters had come to cheer her on made me tear up. Mom was feeling guilty about it, and that is right where I know I would be. I would be so concerned for my kids, and I would be beating myself up for them having been there. Don't you know the mental anguish she is feeling? Many, many thoughts and prayers for all involved and for the children that will be raised in a world that has this kind of pain and fear in it.

Justin was in lock- down on 12/14 because we are so close to sandy hook and in the beginning no one really knew what was going on. Then yesterday, Justin was on a bus to Newtown to play a tennis match when he heard. He never really talks about any of this... usually in round about ways. Our kids really have had so much to deal with :(

I saw that you/they had been to Newtown last week. So much shock still for them, I know, and things like this just bring a lot of sadness back to the surface.

I'll have pineapple at Aloha Isle, doesn't have to be a float, the soft serve will be just fine...
Jill, did fine the famous dancing CM, just in time to get socked in the face by Sophie! Guess stopping to visit wasn't in the plans for the newest member of the Tucker family.

I love the look on Jill's face. Funny that I caught it right at that second. She'll yell at me about putting on here, of course, but I'll say the same thing I always do - she looks cute in all of her pictures. ;)

On a happier note, I'll have a pineapple dole whip float and then on another day a root beer float :) I'm thinking this summer will be hot enough- was definitely not this past Christmas.

Root beer floats rule! :banana:

December is so iffy in Florida. We shall see if this Christmas is a hot chocolate Christmas or a root beer float Christmas. :)

Summer in Florida is not iffy at all. Hot, hot, and more hot. ::yes::

So sorry to hear about your friend Pat. I hope all goes well.
I agree with you Jill about normal life is not as crazy as we think. After having to explain things like this week to my children, I will take fighting over legos any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter