• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

Wow! What a cool fact about the jewelry! I have seen that little stand tons of times, but I guess I never stopped to read about it...too busy power walking to see EVERYTHING I guess.

Great pictures at the zoo! I have actually been contemplating starting our trip early and stopping there on our way to WDW. I am nervous, however, that that would make for a very difficult rest of our drive if we are not stopping to sleep that night. Your giraffe pictures are tempting me though...I love giraffes...

Great updates, MeMom! Prep times over (hehe) back to teaching I guess! :rotfl:

Ahh the voices of Liberty...last fall on our trip my 6 year old niece tried to tease me by saying that I couldn't hear them because I am Canadian. :rotfl: she's such a little rugrat! We also got cookies from karamel Kuche and they barely lasted 2-3 minutes! They would never make it 2 days! :p

??? You know you have to tell us why, right?? :rotfl:

I don't think she has been given the green light to reveal just yet, but e will celebrate when she tells.

She has been kind of alluding to it on Facebook so I feel okay saying it on here, just not on FB quite yet. :laughing: One of my best friends, Katie, is getting married in October and she asked me to be a bridesmaid! What makes it really special is that I actually became friends with Katie because of MeMom and Jill and their reports. I got to spend a lot of time with her and her fiancee, who I'm also friends with, on my Disney trip last month, but before that, we'd only met in person like three times. We are really close (and also kind of freakishly similar) and have been friends for over four years now. :goodvibes

Park map jewelry?! Wow, that's amazing! I had no idea such a thing existed.

Ahh, the Voices of Liberty! They're the best. :thumbsup2

I recall reading about this jewelry, but I think this is the first picture I've seen! I might have to add that to my list to check out while we are there.

The kid in the green shirt made me chuckle!

It's interesting. It's hard to tell in pictures, but it's cool to look at it in person. It's something fun for you to know, as a TA, and tell clients about.

MeMom when I saw this I thought of you! It would look very nice on your desk at school! You can change the New York to Nashville!

It is cute. It would have to move some papers to have a place to lounge around right now, because my desk is filled with things that I need to get done by Friday afternoon! :eek:

Laughing with my family is one of my favorite things about Disney. It is one of my favorite things about life! :lovestruc

Lol...so true! :)

As I have said before, being in Disney World with my family is my 'heaven on earth'. ::yes:: And when we are all together, there is plenty of laughter. Sometimes we laugh until there are tears! :laughing:

Wow! What a cool fact about the jewelry! I have seen that little stand tons of times, but I guess I never stopped to read about it...too busy power walking to see EVERYTHING I guess.

Great pictures at the zoo! I have actually been contemplating starting our trip early and stopping there on our way to WDW. I am nervous, however, that that would make for a very difficult rest of our drive if we are not stopping to sleep that night. Your giraffe pictures are tempting me though...I love giraffes...

Great updates, MeMom! Prep times over (hehe) back to teaching I guess! :rotfl:

I am much more a 'stroller' than a power walker, so I have time to see many details. I love to read signs - like ones that tell about plants, animals, displays, etc. There is much to learn on a Disney trip, if you have the time to stop and read.

I don't think our zoo is worth a stop on the way to Disney World, but if one is visiting this area and staying for a few days, it is worth a trip.

Ahh the voices of Liberty...last fall on our trip my 6 year old niece tried to tease me by saying that I couldn't hear them because I am Canadian. she's such a little rugrat! We also got cookies from karamel Kuche and they barely lasted 2-3 minutes! They would never make it 2 days!

I can't eat that much chocolate in one sitting on a normal basis. I can eat a heap of chocolate ice cream, and occasionally I will get a chocolate craving and can eat a whole something, but I am more likely to want something with just a touch of chocolate in it or just take small bites of something that is solid chocolate.

Voices of Liberty - a tribute to all nations, but mostly America. ;)

She has been kind of alluding to it on Facebook so I feel okay saying it on here, just not on FB quite yet. One of my best friends, Katie, is getting married in October and she asked me to be a bridesmaid! What makes it really special is that I actually became friends with Katie because of MeMom and Jill and their reports. I got to spend a lot of time with her and her fiancee, who I'm also friends with, on my Disney trip last month, but before that, we'd only met in person like three times. We are really close (and also kind of freakishly similar) and have been friends for over four years now.

Just like with xoktenox and tinkgurl - met here and were in each others' weddings. We love it! :)

Park map jewelry?! Wow, that's amazing! I had no idea such a thing existed.

Ahh, the Voices of Liberty! They're the best.

Now you do. This is an amazing place for Disney 'unique things' knowledge! :laughing:

I think Kay will enjoy hearing a VoL show. Also, the F&G concert series will be featuring Guess Who when we are there. She will recognize some of their songs and probably enjoy that. I am kind of bummed that we are missing Nelson by two days, but I wouldn't know any of their songs. I would just want to take pictures of them because they are Ricky's boys. :rolleyes1

I wanted to see Nelson too. We always seem to miss them. Oh well, just happy to be in Disney, and Marc is happy with the concert series offerings.

I wanted to see Nelson too. We always seem to miss them. Oh well, just happy to be in Disney, and Marc is happy with the concert series offerings.

This time next week, I will be at the airport. :goodvibes School is extremely busy right now, as I tie up the 3rd quarter, but I will focus on getting it all together on the trip front starting Saturday morning.

MeMom said:
This time next week, I will be at the airport. :goodvibes School is extremely busy right now, as I tie up the 3rd quarter, but I will focus on getting it all together on the trip front starting Saturday morning.

Yay your trip is so close!!

Yay your trip is so close!!

This time next week....

I will be walking around Epcot. :cool2: I might be browsing the merchandise of Gardentown, seeing the movie in China, listening to Voices of Liberty, or sampling some Festival food. :)

The three days that are showing within my ten day weather window right now are showing no rain and 84, 87, and 88 for temps. I like that 84, and I might like 80 or 82 even better, so I hope after 88, another slight dip will take place and hold until we come home. ;)

Weather sounds good....mom and Bob just got back from FL and the coldest temps they've had.

I completely forgot about Nelson. I loved them as a teen. I need to look them up again. ;)

Voices of Liberty is always a "must Hear" for us in Epcot, as well as OFF KILTER, and formerly British Invasion, which is gone, I am pretty sure. My DBIL tells a funny story about Voices of Liberty. He was working as a pharmaceutical rep here in NY, His boss (from New Jersey) went to Epcot one day with his family. Wasn't he surprised to see one of the other pharmaceutical reps (from Florida) as one of the female singers in the group???!!! Apparently she was doing this on the sly. She no longer had the problem of juggling 2 jobs anymore, as she lost her other job that day. Proves that WDW has become one of the crossroads of the world! Also proves one of my favorite sayings.....Honesty is the best policy.

Can you believe I still haven't caught Voices of Liberty? I tried to last month, but I JUST missed them. So, still haven't gotten to see them, but I did find a new must-do - Hall of Presidents. I'm a huge history nerd and I just absolutely loved it; I was tearing up at some points!

Just like with xoktenox and tinkgurl - met here and were in each others' weddings. We love it! :)

I'm SO excited; I honestly can't wait for the end of October! I was so sad leaving Disney last month because I figured it'd be another year before I'd get to see Katie, but now it definitely won't be. And I might have mentioned this when I told you a few days ago, but Charles is a groomsman. :) I seriously could not wait to text you the news!

Weather sounds good....mom and Bob just got back from FL and the coldest temps they've had.

I completely forgot about Nelson. I loved them as a teen. I need to look them up again. ;)

Looks like it is warming up now. My first three days look good. I will look at day four first thing tomorrow morning. I was trying to figure out if I would need a mix of clothes - pants and capris - but it's looking more like capris only at this point. I will continue to monitor that this weekend.

I kinda had a crush on their dad. ;)

Voices of Liberty is always a "must Hear" for us in Epcot, as well as OFF KILTER, and formerly British Invasion, which is gone, I am pretty sure. My DBIL tells a funny story about Voices of Liberty. He was working as a pharmaceutical rep here in NY, His boss (from New Jersey) went to Epcot one day with his family. Wasn't he surprised to see one of the other pharmaceutical reps (from Florida) as one of the female singers in the group???!!! Apparently she was doing this on the sly. She no longer had the problem of juggling 2 jobs anymore, as she lost her other job that day. Proves that WDW has become one of the crossroads of the world! Also proves one of my favorite sayings.....Honesty is the best policy.

That's an interesting story. Too bad she couldn't do both jobs.

Can you believe I still haven't caught Voices of Liberty? I tried to last month, but I JUST missed them. So, still haven't gotten to see them, but I did find a new must-do - Hall of Presidents. I'm a huge history nerd and I just absolutely loved it; I was tearing up at some points!

I'm SO excited; I honestly can't wait for the end of October! I was so sad leaving Disney last month because I figured it'd be another year before I'd get to see Katie, but now it definitely won't be. And I might have mentioned this when I told you a few days ago, but Charles is a groomsman. :) I seriously could not wait to text you the news!

You did tell me about Charles. I look forward to seeing all of you spruced up looking all handsome and pretty!

I'm glad you got to see Hall of Presidents. Jill won't do that one with me...unless she needs to nurse a baby. :laughing: Seats - dark - it works. :thumbsup2

As you may have heard, I will be here

Oct2012Middle069.jpg

at this time next week.

Specifically in this state and in this park. Don't know if I will be right here in this spot, though. Actually, I may already be walking around the Boardwalk by now, and after getting some pictures and making my way around to Beach Club, I will most likely be crashing relatively early. We have an early flight, which means a very early departure from home, and I bet I won't sleep more than 2-3 hours max that night, so we will be wiped out.

But for now, we'll go back in time instead of forward.

Oct2012Middle068.jpg

And in case you didn't remember from reading it on the sign and the building and the crate...

you are in FLORIDA.

Oct2012Middle071.jpg

You see on the Gulf coast where the fishies are swimming in to eat the oranges? The second fishie/orange down, that's where I used to live - good old St. Pete!

This was pretty good.

Oct2012Middle072.jpg

I told you, I like to read the signs.

Oct2012Middle074.jpg

I need a big hunk of this tree, because bugs like to eat me.

Oct2012Middle075.jpg

After eating my Florida snacklet, I went on to Japan.

Oct2012Middle070.jpg

Hidden away in the Japanes hillside is this counter service restaurant.

Oct2012Middle076.jpg

Koi pond in Japan.

Oct2012Middle077.jpg

Oct2012Middle078.jpg

Oct2012Middle079.jpg

Oct2012Middle080.jpg

I was pretty much moving on here only taking a couple of shots.

Oct2012Middle081.jpg

This always makes me nervous.

Oct2012Middle082.jpg

Oct2012Middle083.jpg

Oct2012Middle084.jpg

Pretty day, huh?

Oct2012Middle085.jpg

A little music.

Oct2012Middle086.jpg

Thankfully, I did not recognize any of them as being one of my coworkers! :upsidedow

Browsing through shops.

Oct2012Middle087.jpg

Oct2012Middle088.jpg

Oct2012Middle089.jpg

Oct2012Middle090.jpg

My fence! :thumbsup2

Oct2012Middle091.jpg

By the way, I think I am finally going to get to meet my favorite Canadian fence builder of all time, declansdad, on this trip! :woohoo: It happens that he and his father-in-law are coming to Orlando the day we have to leave to come back, and he thinks he can work it out to come over to Pop Century to meet up that afternoon before we get swept away by UnME.

Men in skirts. (The lady sitting down kept walking back and forth in front of the performance, and every once in a while, she would sit for a minute.)

Oct2012Middle092.jpg

It was rather warm.

Oct2012Middle093.jpg

I had come to this place for one reason.

Oct2012Middle094.jpg

Oh, my goodness! This may not look like much, but it was melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. The mushrooms were perfect.

Oct2012Middle095.jpg

I went in here for a sip of watermelon drink.

Oct2012Middle096.jpg

A little spray of water from here is nice to cool a person off.

Oct2012Middle097.jpg

On the way out.

Oct2012Middle098.jpg

The next pictures I have are from the next morning, so I think this must have been the night I kept the girls and Friend family's girls while they went out to dinner at Kona.

Next time: Animal Kingdom.

Looked like it was a beautiful day!!

Love walking around eating & listening to all the music. We especially love Off Kilter. I had the CD playing at work yesterday & one of my coworkers said "Do I hear bag pipes"??:)

I like the watermelon drink the best.

Enjoyed the walk around WS this morning.:goodvibes

Anxious for AK!

Good morning! Yay for the "this time next week" game. I am home because Cooper has a fever today. He is feeling a little better now. I am so excited that I am now in single digits!!:cool1: I am excited to try the food offerings at the F & G festival!

What a beautiful day! I love the sunshine Mickey pin, I could use some warmth from the sun today. It was 29 degrees when I left for work. :eek:

Looked like it was a beautiful day!!

Love walking around eating & listening to all the music. We especially love Off Kilter. I had the CD playing at work yesterday & one of my coworkers said "Do I hear bag pipes"??:)

I like the watermelon drink the best.

Enjoyed the walk around WS this morning.:goodvibes

Anxious for AK!

I like to stop and listen to all of the groups for a few minutes. I have never sat through a whole set of any of them except Voices of Liberty - and Candlelight Processional.

It's always nice to get a virtual stroll through Epcot. :goodvibes

I don't know if AK will begin tonight or tomorrow night. I have a ton to do for school and at home.

Good morning! Yay for the "this time next week" game. I am home because Cooper has a fever today. He is feeling a little better now. I am so excited that I am now in single digits!!:cool1: I am excited to try the food offerings at the F & G festival!

I think I am going to get the angel food cake and berries from the Florida kiosk. Not sure what else. I usually like to try something I have never had.

I hope everyone gets well and stays well for the trip!

What a beautiful day! I love the sunshine Mickey pin, I could use some warmth from the sun today. It was 29 degrees when I left for work. :eek:

As I was scraping ice off the window this morning, I decided I would not be unhappy to be in Florida next week. I have the first four days on the radar now, and it is showing 78, 84, 85, and 86. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter