• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

I love the pictures of the girls with Mary Poppins! My niece Mia and I watched it together for the first time this weekend and she loved it! I'm here in Indiana visiting until tomorrow. However, there is something very wrong with me....today I went to the Disney Store....and I didn't buy anything! :confused3:rotfl::sad1::scared::scratchin

Looks like you guys had fun at the zoo! Jill and her friends all kind of look alike!

Love the zoo pictures. We sure do have a neat zoo. So, help me decide. Do I want next trip to be October for Halloween party and F&W or week after Thanksgiving? Seeing your last pictures really is putting Oct in the running.

Loved seeing all the pictures of Food & Wine Festival, I can't wait until we can go again.

I wish I was Soarain right now. I may have to buy an citrus scented candle and play the music to hold me over.

Me, too - any kind of nuts! Macadamias, cashews, almonds, pecans... I love the crunchies!

Chocolate dipped nuts are so yummy.

Oct2012Middle001.jpg

That pic had me stumped wondering why it was called "Old Clothes" with Cilantro Rice. :rotfl2:

I love watching the acrobats in China.

That's awesome there's jewelry made out of park maps.

Aw, Brooklynn is so sweet to put Bella on her back so she could see better. I shuddered when I saw the pic of the boa. :eek:

I am glad you had such a great weekend with your family. Sounds like a great time.

Love the zoo pics.:thumbsup2

What a wonderful big sister Brooklynn is.:goodvibes

Wow those spotted leopards are beautiful & I LOVE the tigers!!

That is so cute the way Bella says elephants.:)

It looks like a fun time was had by all.

It was good to have the house filled with activity and laughter. :)

I think tigers are beautiful animals. I am hoping to see someup and roaming around on the Maharajah Trail next week. :thumbsup2

Brooklynn is a good helper to both her little sisters. She does her share of aggravating Bella, as any sister does, but she is also very protective of her, too. ;)

The zoo pictures look like so much fun!! I spent my beautiful Sunday afternoon washing cars. I know it is supposed to rain tomorrow, but it needed done to get all the salt off.
Yes, we would like to see Alaska again. We will see. I am not deciding yet. Blake really wants to go to Legoland. We had already booked WDW at Kidani before I had the idea. He is set on Legoland, Disney and Universal. We have tried to persuade him but no luck so far. He will go if I want him too, but I have not decided yet. We are already going to Hawaii and DL so that is alot of traveling.
I know you will miss the girls but they will be there in spirit and you can always have my boys if you get lonely.:rotfl2:

It's great that your boys will get to see many places in their travels. Jill and I have talked about doing an Adventures by Disney trip.

Your boys will make me smile when I see them. ::yes::

Brooklyn looks like a proud big sister

She is. Bella and Sophie will learn many things from Brooklynn. :goodvibes

I love the pictures of the girls with Mary Poppins! My niece Mia and I watched it together for the first time this weekend and she loved it! I'm here in Indiana visiting until tomorrow. However, there is something very wrong with me....today I went to the Disney Store....and I didn't buy anything! :confused3:rotfl::sad1::scared::scratchin

Looks like you guys had fun at the zoo! Jill and her friends all kind of look alike!

Too funny - Bella picked Mary Poppins for us to watch, too! Glad you got to have that special family time.

It was a nice day for the zoo, except for the wind. My hair was pretty crazy by the time we left.

Love the zoo pictures. We sure do have a neat zoo. So, help me decide. Do I want next trip to be October for Halloween party and F&W or week after Thanksgiving? Seeing your last pictures really is putting Oct in the running.

Have you seen both holiday decorations yet? If you have not seen one or the other, I would vote for that one, because I always like to see new things. If you have done both or neither, I would go for October. MNSSHP is great, and the weather has always been perfect for us in October.

Loved seeing all the pictures of Food & Wine Festival, I can't wait until we can go again.

I wish I was Soarain right now. I may have to buy an citrus scented candle and play the music to hold me over.

That pic had me stumped wondering why it was called "Old Clothes" with Cilantro Rice. :rotfl2:

I love watching the acrobats in China.

That's awesome there's jewelry made out of park maps.

Aw, Brooklynn is so sweet to put Bella on her back so she could see better. I shuddered when I saw the pic of the boa. :eek:

I purposely took a snake picture for all of our snake lovin' friends. ;) I also took a spider picture, but it didn't show up too well through the glass, and I took some bird pictures. OUr bird fearing friends would have been freaking out, because Oliver was flying all around the stage and audience area not minding the trainers at all! :laughing:

Cranberry bog.

Oct2012Pt1465.jpg
Hey, I thought that only existed in the TV commercials!!!

What I want in my backyard.
Oct2012Pt1467.jpg
Would be nice to walk out in the back yard and just pick a fresh watermelon!!!

Hollywood Brooklynn gets ready to meet Aurora.

Oct2012Pt1475.jpg

Oct2012Pt1477.jpg

So who made Hollywood Brooklyn take off the shades before she got there??? :confused3

Oh, I see they were trying to hide the Hidden Mickey! (is that redundant???) :laughing:

If you have never had the Belgian waffle, you should give it a try. It is delicious!

Oct2012Pt1484.jpg
Okay, try the belgian waffle..............got it! :thumbsup2

That's it for this morning. Just a warning: the next million pictures might be of merchandise.
Oh brother............. :faint:

I am waiting on the ten day forecast to get in my range so I can see what to pack. I really want to take only capris and no pants, but if it is going to be 58 degrees in the mornings, I may have to rethink that. Of course, I know it will warm up quickly, but still, I don't do cold, and 58 is still cold enough for pants in my book.
I would think without pants you would still get a chill, especially if there is a breeze. :scared1:

Break the piggy bank open, or get the credit card out of the block of ice in the freezer ;)....it's time to shop!

Mickey fills many roles.

Oct2012Pt1505.jpg

Oct2012Pt1506.jpg

Oct2012Pt1507.jpg
Okay, not the big shopper like you ladies but I wouldn't mind some of these..............

Chocolate covered almonds for me. What would you choose?

Oct2012Pt1513.jpg
Out of those choices, yes probably the chocolate!!! :goodvibes

First, there is food.

Oct2012Middle001.jpg
Jerk Chicken..........yummy!!!

How fun is this?!?!?
Oct2012Middle011.jpg

Oct2012Middle021.jpg
I'm not too tempted to buy any of the stuff in Mexico, but these little owls might make me break that tradition! I do love to look at all of the handicrafts though, because if nothing else they make everything super colorful!

Acrobats in China.

Oct2012Middle031.jpg
Glad to see the acrobats are back? I think they were gone for a while???

Baby Tapir - will lose markings as it grows.

FamilyTimes2013086_zps09df107b.jpg

I'm guessing part of their natural camouflage needed to help protect it as a baby..........

Hornbill

FamilyTimes2013098_zps46a17e64.jpg

I really hope there is more than one in that picture or that one has some serious BILL issues going on!!!

Photobucket is stalling on me. I will try to finish again in a few minutes.

Ah, the dreaded PB issues............seems to be a common theme! :sad2:

Elephant art work is sold to raise money for the exhibit.

FamilyTimes2013126_zps42d7aaa4.jpg

I've seen this at other places too............a great idea!

We had a nice day together. It was hard to tell them goodbye when it was time for them to go back to Alabama, as I will not see them before my trip. I sure will miss them while I am in our happy place without them.
That looks like a really nice zoo!

I know the upcoming trip won't be the same for you..........

I always enjoy your pictures! Not only does it get me excited for an upcoming trip, it also shows me things I may have always overlooked!! Have a great trip!!

I'm glad you got to see your girls. Sorry they aren't able to go on your next Disney trip with you. I hope you have lots of fun anyway.

I love your zoo pictures, especially the blue macaw just seems to jump out of the picture. I know you will enjoy your trip even without the girls and knowing they are going on another trip soon. I felt bad going a couple years ago without my grandkids but they made it so much easier for me by being happy for our trip. And it was a different trip where we just went home when we were tired. So nice for us older folks to be able to go home and relax or swim. We have been staying at Windsor Hills the last few trips and we all love having a private pool where even I will go swimming. I'm not sure we could ever go back to just a room because we do spend time there. We would say let's go home and that's how it felt. No one to welcome us though and say it but we still felt that way. And of course the cost seals the deal.;)

Hey, I thought that only existed in the TV commercials!!!

Would be nice to walk out in the back yard and just pick a fresh watermelon!!!

So who made Hollywood Brooklyn take off the shades before she got there??? :confused3

Oh, I see they were trying to hide the Hidden Mickey! (is that redundant???) :laughing:

Okay, try the belgian waffle..............got it! :thumbsup2

Oh brother............. :faint:

I would think without pants you would still get a chill, especially if there is a breeze. :scared1:

Okay, not the big shopper like you ladies but I wouldn't mind some of these..............

Out of those choices, yes probably the chocolate!!! :goodvibes

Jerk Chicken..........yummy!!!

I'm not too tempted to buy any of the stuff in Mexico, but these little owls might make me break that tradition! I do love to look at all of the handicrafts though, because if nothing else they make everything super colorful!

Glad to see the acrobats are back? I think they were gone for a while???

Ah, the dreaded PB issues............seems to be a common theme! :sad2:

That looks like a really nice zoo!

I know the upcoming trip won't be the same for you..........

I would love to have a nice watermelon patch in my backyard. I have told my students that in order for me to pass them, they have to bring me a watermelon on the last day of school. ;)

Belgian waffle - yes, yes, yes! ::yes::

There was something going on with the acrobats at some point - maybe something about the ages they were going to allow to participate?

Nashville Zoo has made some improvements over the past few years. It still has a long way to go to be a top-notch zoo, but it is way better than it was when I took my first summer camp group.

It is cold here today. We got lucky yesterday with our zoo visit, because it was beautiful, but it is cold and wintry again today. My first day is now in the ten day forecast, and it is saying 82. I will make my packing decision after I see the first half of the trip in that forecast. I would be happy if it screams capris, t-shorts, and Crocs. :thumbsup2

I always enjoy your pictures! Not only does it get me excited for an upcoming trip, it also shows me things I may have always overlooked!! Have a great trip!!

I love to see new things in other people's pictures! There will be so many new things to photograph on this trip. I mean, who is not excited about the new Rapunzel bathrooms??? :)

I'm glad you got to see your girls. Sorry they aren't able to go on your next Disney trip with you. I hope you have lots of fun anyway.

I will have fun, but not as much fun as I would if I were chasing Bella or reading an animal facts chart with Brooklynn. I am sad that I will miss seeing Sophie take it all in this time, since she is so much more alert this time. I am very grateful that they are getting to go soon. That really does help me.

I love your zoo pictures, especially the blue macaw just seems to jump out of the picture. I know you will enjoy your trip even without the girls and knowing they are going on another trip soon. I felt bad going a couple years ago without my grandkids but they made it so much easier for me by being happy for our trip. And it was a different trip where we just went home when we were tired. So nice for us older folks to be able to go home and relax or swim. We have been staying at Windsor Hills the last few trips and we all love having a private pool where even I will go swimming. I'm not sure we could ever go back to just a room because we do spend time there. We would say let's go home and that's how it felt. No one to welcome us though and say it but we still felt that way. And of course the cost seals the deal.;)

One of the four macaws that were there has been to our school for a visit with Zoo on Wheels. I have no idea which one.

I know that Kay and I will do more shows and displays and such and more resort-hopping, and we'll do less riding. I feel sure I will feel a tear well up occasionally, but maybe that is when I will go and buy a little something for them that will make them seem closer to me. ;) I will send them lots of pictures to enjoy and to excite them for their trip, too.

It would be great to have a house with a kitchen, plenty of bathrooms, and our own pool when I have a whole gang of grandkids. I don't know if we will be ready to stay off property by then, or not.

Those park map beads are on my shortlist for next big Disney Purchase!

So glad you had some time with your girls this weekend :goodvibes

I think tigers are beautiful animals. I am hoping to see someup and roaming around on the Maharajah Trail next week. :thumbsup2

My first thought when I read this was, I hope they aren't roaming ON the trail :scared1:

Love the zoo pictures! Looks like it was a great day!

Again, in true Massachusetts form, it was really nice here today...it got near 50. You really can't tell we had all that snow just a few days ago.

I won't be getting to experience Disney in October this year after all, but maybe next year. Not experiencing it this year is for a VERY good reason! :yay:

Again, in true Massachusetts form, it was really nice here today...it got near 50. You really can't tell we had all that snow just a few days ago.

I won't be getting to experience Disney in October this year after all, but maybe next year. Not experiencing it this year is for a VERY good reason! :yay:

??? You know you have to tell us why, right?? :rotfl:

Memom--easywdw has a review of the new food & beverage booths at the flower & garden festival. Some interesting choices for sure! :goodvibes

MINGOS!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I didn't know that Tapir babies had markings.... see the things I learn by reading your posts. :) Also... AWESOME cloudy leapard pics.. and tigers pics.. and elephants.. and giraffes! :rotfl: Love Zoo pics. Whenever we go, I take tons also, and my DD's get so mad as they are usually the same as the ones I took on previous trips. You can NEVER get enough animal pictures! And now, I feel a SD Zoo trip coming up soon. :thumbsup2

LOVE the pic of the girls with their park map. Reminds me of my DD's when they were little.. they LOVED to look over the maps from every place we went. SeaWorld & Disney were their favorites. I think that is what helped them learn to read.

Those park map beads are on my shortlist for next big Disney Purchase!

So glad you had some time with your girls this weekend :goodvibes

My first thought when I read this was, I hope they aren't roaming ON the trail :scared1:

You know that sign warns you: Jungle trekkers please apprehend that tigers are frequently encountered in the ruins ahead right before you go in. ::yes:: ;)

I may get some of the park map earrings. That's pretty much the only jewelry I wear. I may make an exception and get one of those cute bracelets I am always looking at to wear at Trent's wedding, since it's going to be a very casual affair.

Sunday was beautiful, but yesterday we went back to winter again. It is going to get warm and stay warm soon, though - I have faith. :cool2:

Bummer that you don't get that October trip, but I am happy for the events ahead for all of you. :goodvibes

??? You know you have to tell us why, right?? :rotfl:

I don't think she has been given the green light to reveal just yet, but e will celebrate when she tells.

Memom--easywdw has a review of the new food & beverage booths at the flower & garden festival. Some interesting choices for sure! :goodvibes

I will probably try a couple of things - probably the angel food cake and berries and I am not sure what else. It won't be anything too unique, though.

MINGOS!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I didn't know that Tapir babies had markings.... see the things I learn by reading your posts. :) Also... AWESOME cloudy leapard pics.. and tigers pics.. and elephants.. and giraffes! :rotfl: Love Zoo pics. Whenever we go, I take tons also, and my DD's get so mad as they are usually the same as the ones I took on previous trips. You can NEVER get enough animal pictures! And now, I feel a SD Zoo trip coming up soon. :thumbsup2

LOVE the pic of the girls with their park map. Reminds me of my DD's when they were little.. they LOVED to look over the maps from every place we went. SeaWorld & Disney were their favorites. I think that is what helped them learn to read.

San Diego Zoo would be reason #2 that I would make the flight to California. ::yes:: I have long wanted to go there. I would take a ton of pictures! And I can't think of a more fun way to promote reading than with Disney and SeaWorld maps. Brooklynn is going to love SW this summer, and I can already picture her checking out the map, as she did at the zoo.

Still walking around the world...

Oct2012Middle045.jpg

These cookies are very large. You can nibble on them for 2-3 days.

Oct2012Middle046.jpg

Holiday things.

Oct2012Middle047.jpg

Oct2012Middle048.jpg

Oct2012Middle049.jpg

Oct2012Middle050.jpg

Oct2012Middle051.jpg

Oct2012Middle052.jpg

Oct2012Middle053.jpg

From Germany to Italy

Oct2012Middle054.jpg

Oct2012Middle055.jpg

Sergio

Oct2012Middle057.jpg

Oct2012Middle058.jpg

America

Oct2012Middle059.jpg

I look forward to seeing/hearing Voices of Liberty again very soon. :)

Oct2012Middle060.jpg

Oct2012Middle061.jpg

This is what teaching used to look like.

Oct2012Middle062.jpg

Oct2012Middle063.jpg

My family enjoys much laughter when we are together.

Oct2012Middle064.jpg

Oct2012Middle065.jpg

Oct2012Middle066.jpg

Can you smell the sweet funnel cakes?

Oct2012Middle067.jpg

That's it for this morning. Have a good day, all!

MeMom when I saw this I thought of you! It would look very nice on your desk at school! You can change the New York to Nashville!

71640441300062_zpsc9a24662.jpg

Laughing with my family is one of my favorite things about Disney. It is one of my favorite things about life! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter