• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

I love reading TRs to see familiar things from a new perspective. We've only seen the new Dumbo once - in full morning sunshine. It looks so different at night - without your pics I'd never have known!

And we have had many CP breakfasts but not dinners - it all looks good :thumbsup2
We like Chef Mickeys for dinner - how do you think CP compares?

I personally like the food at Chef Mickey's better, but in general, it's all the same stuff and both have a good variety. It seems like the fruit at Chef Mickey's has been really good the times I have been there, and I am a big fruit person. It just depends on what you are looking for at the time. Do you want something where you don't have to go into a park? Something that gets you into a park early, maybe? It is nice to have an early Crystal Palace ADR to get good empty Main Street pictures. I like them both, so I am not a big help.

Random shots as we were leaving Magic Kingdom.

Oct2012Pt1399.jpg

Oct2012Pt1400.jpg

Oct2012Pt1401.jpg

And now, Day Next.

Oct2012Pt1402.jpg

Oct2012Pt1403.jpg

Oct2012Pt1404.jpg

Oct2012Pt1405.jpg

Oct2012Pt1406.jpg

Days are happy when they start with Pop waffles.

Oct2012Pt1407.jpg

Oct2012Pt1408.jpg

Oct2012Pt1409.jpg

Oct2012Pt1410.jpg

Oct2012Pt1411.jpg

Oct2012Pt1412.jpg

Oct2012Pt1413.jpg

We had breakfast in the room.

Oct2012Pt1414.jpg

Any day is happy for me when it starts with these three! :love:

Oct2012Pt1415.jpg

Oct2012Pt1416.jpg

Oct2012Pt1417.jpg

I think she likes her new baby.

Oct2012Pt1419.jpg

Mailing cards.

Oct2012Pt1420.jpg

Off with the masses!

Oct2012Pt1421.jpg

Have a good Monday, DIS friends!

How can your day not start out good when looking at those 3 cuties.

Bella looks so cute mailing the cards on her tippie toes.

Looking forward to more.

I can see how those 3 princesses dressed like sunshine would make your day happy. They are just beautiful.

I don't think I've seen shots of the Circus area at night. Those were great!
Wow, can't believe all the kids stayed up so late at MK! I would have been fast asleep before the fireworks began! :)

Oh how my heart breaks to see those pictures of your baby girls and their matching outfits and pigtails. My girls are 11 and 13 now...they just won't have it any longer. :sad1:
Your girls are SO adorable!!!! I will just have to kick out of gear and wait for grandbabies now.... :hourglass

Wow! Looking at all of that delicious Disney food makes the lunch I am currently eating feel wholly unsatisfying! And that fact that when I am finished I have to go to work and NOT the Magic Kingdom is even worse! ;). Looks like it was a very fun day shared with your friends!

Also, I told my mother about the coin-wishing and she just says "make sure you get the husband and not the baby young lady." :rotfl:

The water feature and lights really do give the Dumbo area a special atmosphere at night.

I took many, many pictures of Dumbo at night. Very pretty with the lights.

I think we might walk to Hollywood Studios on the morning of the 24th. I have never walked from Beach Club to Hollywood, so this might be the time. Or we might take the boat. It depends on how the legs are holding out and what the weather is doing, I guess. Ed won't be quite as thrilled to see me as he will be to see the girls a few weeks later. ;)

It s a nice walk. About 1.25 miles from secret gate at BCV to bag check at DHS.

I will look forward to an even shorter walk to BWV in 9 weeks.

Also, I told my mother about the coin-wishing and she just says "make sure you get the husband and not the baby young lady." :rotfl:

Sounds like something my mother would say when I was younger. :rotfl:

Hi Jill, :wave2:

I'm Camille and I've read your reports off and on through the years of being on here. I have many friends on the Dis who just adore you and think very highly of you, Poolrat and brookelizabeth being two of them. They keep me up on what all is going on when I can't be on the Dis, which was a lot a while back.
I was one of the many who was praying for you and your family when you were going through quite the time with your health, bless your heart.

I'm so happy and grateful you are wonderfully healthy now, :cheer2: and so honored to have been apart of praying for your recovery. I hope some day we'll have a chance to meet (at Disney hopefully) so I can give you a big hug. :hug:
In Texas, we hug. :hug: :goodvibes BIG hugs, too! :laughing: Everything we do, we do it bigger in Texas. ;)

I've many times quoted your baby girl talking about Mingos, I've even bought one of the Mingos with Mickey ears and have sent it to Brook when I was sending her something for her cruise, I told her she had been Mingoed! :rotfl: I told her she needed to pass it on and Mingo someone else, but she's being a bit stingy with her cute Mingo, can't say I blame her. :goodvibes
The mingo story reminds us all how precious and wonderful all our babies are as we've raised them up in the world of Disney. :lovestruc

I have a PTR of my own going on so I hope you won't hold it against me if I can't be over here to post a lot. My mom's health isn't good and it does take up a bit of my time here of late, but I promise to check in every so often and always make sure I read/catch up, even if I'm not posting. :goodvibes

You, hubby, Memom and girls are such a blessing to us all on the Dis, even if you don't know all of us who adore you. :upsidedow

Your early morning Pop pictures make me excited, because I'm probably staying there for part of my next trip! :thumbsup2

Ahhh the girls always look so cute in their matching outfits! Can't wait to hear about EPCOT!!

I think we might walk to Hollywood Studios on the morning of the 24th. I have never walked from Beach Club to Hollywood, so this might be the time. Or we might take the boat. It depends on how the legs are holding out and what the weather is doing, I guess. Ed won't be quite as thrilled to see me as he will be to see the girls a few weeks later. ;)

The King Cupcake is fairly new - like within the last year and half, maybe.

Adding your name to the coin-tossing list! :thumbsup2

I think I walked from Beach Club to Hollywood once, but I like taking the boat better. :rotfl: Okay least I have a good excuse for missing out on the King cupcake, I wasn't there :):upsidedow

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

The picture of Bella kissing Sophie is too cute.

How can your day not start out good when looking at those 3 cuties.

Bella looks so cute mailing the cards on her tippie toes.

Looking forward to more.

So true. Any day I get to spend with my girls is an absolute treasure.

Bella is growing taller, ever so slowly. Jill is hoping she will be big enough to conquer another ride or two on her April trip. Good thing they don't go by weight, though! I kid that she is made of paper, because she is so light. She can crawl over me on the couch or a chair, and it's like a little butterfly flitters over. :laughing:

I can see how those 3 princesses dressed like sunshine would make your day happy. They are just beautiful.

Thanks. I sure think they are fabulous! :love:

I don't think I've seen shots of the Circus area at night. Those were great!
Wow, can't believe all the kids stayed up so late at MK! I would have been fast asleep before the fireworks began!

They had late naps, so they were able to make it. It was not an ideal time, but it was still a nice intro day for Jill's friends. :tigger:

Oh how my heart breaks to see those pictures of your baby girls and their matching outfits and pigtails. My girls are 11 and 13 now...they just won't have it any longer.
Your girls are SO adorable!!!! I will just have to kick out of gear and wait for grandbabies now....

Brooklynn has not protested about the matching - yet. I think she knows that in Disney World, it is more expected. They don't dress alike at home so much, but it is easier for Jill to coordinate them on trips. She also likes to have them matching in case someone's grown-up gets lost. They would be more quickly identified if you could point to one and say, "The other one is dressed the same way!"

You will love being a grandmother, when the time comes!

Wow! Looking at all of that delicious Disney food makes the lunch I am currently eating feel wholly unsatisfying! And that fact that when I am finished I have to go to work and NOT the Magic Kingdom is even worse! Looks like it was a very fun day shared with your friends!

Also, I told my mother about the coin-wishing and she just says "make sure you get the husband and not the baby young lady." :

We'll make sure to throw the right coins for the right people! ::yes::

Love the girls yellow shirts! Such a great color to start the day off.

Nice and sunny - just like we want our Disney days to be. :cool2:

I took many, many pictures of Dumbo at night. Very pretty with the lights.

It s a nice walk. About 1.25 miles from secret gate at BCV to bag check at DHS.

I will look forward to an even shorter walk to BWV in 9 weeks.

Sounds like something my mother would say when I was younger. :rotfl:

I pulled up a map and just eyeballed it going by what I knew a walk from BC to Boardwak was. Good to know something more exact. 1.25 miles is nothing.

The girls are so precious with each other. Bella certainly does love Sophie. So Adorable!!!

Poor Sophie gets loved on by both big sisters more than she needs. :upsidedow

Hi Jill, :wave2:

I'm Camille and I've read your reports off and on through the years of being on here. I have many friends on the Dis who just adore you and think very highly of you, Poolrat and brookelizabeth being two of them. They keep me up on what all is going on when I can't be on the Dis, which was a lot a while back.
I was one of the many who was praying for you and your family when you were going through quite the time with your health, bless your heart.

I'm so happy and grateful you are wonderfully healthy now, and so honored to have been apart of praying for your recovery. I hope some day we'll have a chance to meet (at Disney hopefully) so I can give you a big hug.
In Texas, we hug. BIG hugs, too! Everything we do, we do it bigger in Texas.

I've many times quoted your baby girl talking about Mingos, I've even bought one of the Mingos with Mickey ears and have sent it to Brook when I was sending her something for her cruise, I told her she had been Mingoed! I told her she needed to pass it on and Mingo someone else, but she's being a bit stingy with her cute Mingo, can't say I blame her.
The mingo story reminds us all how precious and wonderful all our babies are as we've raised them up in the world of Disney.

I have a PTR of my own going on so I hope you won't hold it against me if I can't be over here to post a lot. My mom's health isn't good and it does take up a bit of my time here of late, but I promise to check in every so often and always make sure I read/catch up, even if I'm not posting.

You, hubby, Memom and girls are such a blessing to us all on the Dis, even if you don't know all of us who adore you.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope things can improve for her.

It certainly feels good to know that our family blesses your life in some small way by bringing Disney happiness through pictures and stories. It is definitely our happiest place! I am sure Jill will take one of those big Texas hugs whenever you cross paths in WDW.

Everyone in DIStown needs a mingo on the lawn, right? I have the small Mickey ears mingo here. He sits in a planter with a fake palm tree. Fake mingo, fake palm tree - very authentic. :goodvibes

Please let us know when you start your actual trip report. Like you, I can't keep up with even the real trip reports, so I don't even hardly give it a try to do pre-trip reports. Jill can barely even keep up with our own trip report! :upsidedow

Your early morning Pop pictures make me excited, because I'm probably staying there for part of my next trip!

Ahhh the girls always look so cute in their matching outfits! Can't wait to hear about EPCOT!!

Good; hope you enjoy that stay!

Those POP waffles are so fun!!

The girls are all so sweet together.

Pop waffles and Mickey waffles - the world would be a better, happier place if everyone started their days with those. ;)

I think I walked from Beach Club to Hollywood once, but I like taking the boat better. Okay least I have a good excuse for missing out on the King cupcake, I wasn't there

Thanks!!

The picture of Bella kissing Sophie is too cute.

The walk will depend on how hot or rainy it is, too. We'll see very soon!

Any day is happy for me when it starts with these three! :love:

Oct2012Pt1415.jpg

I can definitely see why. Adorable!!!!! :goodvibes

I didn't know the waffles at Pop actually said that. Pretty cool! Love your night time shots at Pop. :thumbsup2

The pictures of the girls are adorable! What a wonderful family you are blessed with! I try every trip to get people to wear matching outfits with me, but I never have any takers! :rotfl:

I am so excited I just booked today for a stay at POP! June 2nd - June 8th, 2013.

Your early morning, food, shopping, pools, rooms, etc. pictures really made me feel good about the decision to stay at POP! I love the waffle picture!

What areas of POP do you like the most? Do you know the best way to request a room? I just booked for a standard room, so I assume that means I will be out in the 80s/90s or 50s...what do you think of those? (My apologies in advance if you have answered these questions already!)

Can't wait to read on MeMom. Happy Illinois Snow Day!! I was lucky to not have to work today...ahh the perks of being a teacher. :banana:

I was in Disney a month ago and I miss it soooo much already, it's ridiculous. I have to figure out when to get down there next! Charles texted me earlier that we could get 6-9" of snow...I'm not sure when, I think it's supposed to start Wednesday night. I want a snow day; I missed the Nemo snow days since I missed that entire storm while I was in Disney. ;)

What areas of POP do you like the most? Do you know the best way to request a room? I just booked for a standard room, so I assume that means I will be out in the 80s/90s or 50s...what do you think of those? (My apologies in advance if you have answered these questions already!)

I know you asked MeMom, but I wanted to chime in because we have stayed at Pop several times and love it! We've stayed preferred the past couple of trips, but before that, we requested rooms in the 70s. I'm not sure what areas are considered "preferred," but we stayed in the building with the giant Mickey phone before - that was not when we stayed preferred, but it was a really nice location because it was still fairly close to the bus stops and Classic Hall! Feel free to PM me any time if you have questions or just want another opinion. :)

I can definitely see why. Adorable!!!!! :goodvibes

I didn't know the waffles at Pop actually said that. Pretty cool! Love your night time shots at Pop. :thumbsup2

They bring me great happiness. princess: princess: princess:

Those last few Pop pictures were taken in the early morning. Pop is a very still and quiet place early in the morning. There are a few cast members working around the pools, but that's about it. Very peaceful and a good time to take pictures with no people in them.

I promise that I'm still here reading along! :wave2:

Good to know! When you are on maternity leave, maybe you can get some DIS time while you are cuddling your sweet baby. :lovestruc

The pictures of the girls are adorable! What a wonderful family you are blessed with! I try every trip to get people to wear matching outfits with me, but I never have any takers! :rotfl:

I am so excited I just booked today for a stay at POP! June 2nd - June 8th, 2013.

Your early morning, food, shopping, pools, rooms, etc. pictures really made me feel good about the decision to stay at POP! I love the waffle picture!

Can't wait to read on MeMom. Happy Illinois Snow Day!! I was lucky to not have to work today...ahh the perks of being a teacher. :banana:

We will miss you by a couple of weeks this summer. Hope you like Pop!

I personally like anywhere in the 50 - 70 areas. I am fine out by the jukebox, and I am just as fine by the Mickey phone. My least favorites are the Roger Rabbit and Computer buildings. I will say, though, we did have a good room - ground floor just a few steps away from the computer pool in the Roger Rabbit building one time. I have stayed in every building but Mowgli and Baloo and Lady.

I was in Disney a month ago and I miss it soooo much already, it's ridiculous. I have to figure out when to get down there next! Charles texted me earlier that we could get 6-9" of snow...I'm not sure when, I think it's supposed to start Wednesday night. I want a snow day; I missed the Nemo snow days since I missed that entire storm while I was in Disney. ;)

I know you asked MeMom, but I wanted to chime in because we have stayed at Pop several times and love it! We've stayed preferred the past couple of trips, but before that, we requested rooms in the 70s. I'm not sure what areas are considered "preferred," but we stayed in the building with the giant Mickey phone before - that was not when we stayed preferred, but it was a really nice location because it was still fairly close to the bus stops and Classic Hall! Feel free to PM me any time if you have questions or just want another opinion. :)

I have seen some snow pictures on FB. Glad it is not here. We are having high winds and rain. Some areas near us will get possibly an inch of snow tonight, but I don't think it will be us.

Roger Rabbit and Computer are my least favorite buildings. Walkman would be next, but we had a great room there - ground floor just a stone's throw from the bus stop in October, and I was very happy with it. ::yes:: For this trip, I request something on either the Hippy Dippy pool or Bowling Pin pool. Kay gets lost easily when she is by herself, so I figured if she can find a pool, she can find the room. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter