• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

Awww, I love IASW. One of the times Kailyn and I rode this past trip, the CM outside gave us that special red card, and then asked, "is it just the two of you? Do you want a Peter Pan Fastpass?" It was probably 9 p.m. or later at this point and I think the Fastpass was for 9:15. He said he'd been trying to get rid of it all day. It was only one FP, but he wrote "x2" and his initials on it. It seriously made our night because we had already gone on earlier, but we love it so much we're willing to ride it over and over! We found him after riding with the FP and thanked him again.

And, yay for going to Disney THIS month! You know how I was thinking of going in October for a long weekend? Now I'm thinking December. I need to see those Osborne lights and the castle lights again! Plus it gives me more time to accrue time off. :) I'm missing it so much right now!

How great that the friends made it to Disney.

LOVE the pic of those sweet girls holding hands in line.:goodvibes So so sweet!!

Very cute of them on IASW!!

20 pages late, but I'm here!

Your intro, recalling the emergency with Jill, had me all in tears. That was so frightening. :hug:

I LOVE the pic of the kids on Small World with their arms up - too stinkin' cute!

Always glad to see you, Brook!
I try not to think about those scary days too much. :) Jill's friends were so excited to finally be in Disney World, so they were hamming it up a bit and telling the girls to raise their arms on the ride. :goodvibes

I love the pictures of the little ones playing. The pics of the boys wrestling is a normal picture to me. My little rowdy boys wrestle and run after each other all the time. We just got a dusting of snow here. The boys were happy to see any snow. Yay for 3 weeks for me today!!! I am so ready to be there.

Carson and Parker can 'throw down' at the drop of a hat! It's definitely different then being around the girls. They will bicker, but I can't say they are much into the wrasslin'. :laughing:

Oh man, that is a lot of kids in one group, that must have been a lot of fun! (and no, not being sarcastic--I love how the dynamic changes when you get a lot of little kids who haven't seen each other in a while together at once--loud, but fun! I can imagine it was only doubled with the excitement of being at Disney together. :lmao:)

Yes, it is a lot of fun. We always enjoy getting together with our cousins. You have seen how excited they all were to see the baby snake.

I love the Little Mermaid section of AoA! Really hope I get to stay there on one trip someday. Big :thumbsup2 to picking MK as their first park! They look like they had so much fun on IASW! Cannot get enough of the pictures on that ride :goodvibes

I hope you get to, too! :thumbsup2

I am glad you like Small World. So many people don't, mostly because of the repetitive song, I think.

Aww, how fun that yall were able to have friend time at Disney!

SNAKE?!?! WHY?!?! :scared:

(I know, I know... it's Florida... but it's still scary!!! :laughing:)

Where there is Baby Snake, there is a Mama Snake. :wave2: I am sure there are several snake families around Pop, and especially near the water.

Awww, I love IASW. One of the times Kailyn and I rode this past trip, the CM outside gave us that special red card, and then asked, "is it just the two of you? Do you want a Peter Pan Fastpass?" It was probably 9 p.m. or later at this point and I think the Fastpass was for 9:15. He said he'd been trying to get rid of it all day. It was only one FP, but he wrote "x2" and his initials on it. It seriously made our night because we had already gone on earlier, but we love it so much we're willing to ride it over and over! We found him after riding with the FP and thanked him again.

And, yay for going to Disney THIS month! You know how I was thinking of going in October for a long weekend? Now I'm thinking December. I need to see those Osborne lights and the castle lights again! Plus it gives me more time to accrue time off. :) I'm missing it so much right now!

Yay for an extra ride on Peter Pan with no wait! :cheer2:

A longer time in December would be nice. We (or at least I) will be sitting OCtober out this year. It will hurt :sad:, but looking forward to the family Christmas trip will help ease the pain.

How great that the friends made it to Disney.

LOVE the pic of those sweet girls holding hands in line.:goodvibes So so sweet!!

Very cute of them on IASW!!

I thought that was a cute picture of the girls. Bella was going to be sure Claire knew how to get on the bus. She is such a kind helper.

The next activities were Dumbo and Mad Teacups.

Oct2012Pt1354.jpg

Oct2012Pt1355.jpg

Oct2012Pt1356.jpg

Oct2012Pt1357.jpg

Oct2012Pt1358.jpg

Oct2012Pt1359.jpg

Oct2012Pt1360.jpg

Oct2012Pt1361.jpg

Oct2012Pt1362.jpg

Oct2012Pt1363.jpg

Oct2012Pt1364.jpg

Oct2012Pt1365.jpg

Jill thought it would be good to start her friends off with a character meal, so she had arranged for a late Crystal Palace dinner.

Oct2012Pt1366.jpg

From the porch of Crystal Palace.

Oct2012Pt1367.jpg

Oct2012Pt1368.jpg

Oct2012Pt1370.jpg

Oct2012Pt1371.jpg

Oct2012Pt1372.jpg

Oct2012Pt1373.jpg

Oct2012Pt1374.jpg

Near the end of the fireworks, we were called to come in.

Oct2012Pt1375.jpg

My plate, I think.

Oct2012Pt1376.jpg

Big girls and Hundred Acre Wood pals.

Oct2012Pt1377.jpg

Oct2012Pt1378.jpg

Oct2012Pt1379.jpg

Oct2012Pt1380.jpg

Mid-meal parade.

Oct2012Pt1382.jpg

What can you eat here?
Well, here a few of the choices......

Oct2012Pt1383.jpg

Oct2012Pt1384.jpg

Oct2012Pt1385.jpg

Oct2012Pt1386.jpg

Oct2012Pt1387.jpg

Oct2012Pt1388.jpg

Oct2012Pt1389.jpg

Oct2012Pt1390.jpg

Oct2012Pt1391.jpg

Oct2012Pt1392.jpg

Signing away - Tigger, Tigger, Tigger, Tigger.

Oct2012Pt1393.jpg

Then he had some playtime with Bella.

Oct2012Pt1394.jpg

As you can see, it was about time for Eeyore and friends to call it a night.

Oct2012Pt1395.jpg

Oct2012Pt1396.jpg

Piglet doing a jiglet - happy that the day is done, I'm sure.

Oct2012Pt1397.jpg

Good night, Pooh!

Oct2012Pt1398.jpg

Dumbo looks so pretty at night! Disney really spiffed it up nicely when adding Storybook Circus. I cannot wait to see all of that next year! :hyper:

Love Crystal Palace! And I am so glad that I am not the only person who enjoys it at night though I have never had the chance yet to try the breakfast. Everything still looks delicious! And timing it with Wishes, what more could you ask for! Great place to introduce newcomers to Disney! :)

All caught up on your trip report, MeMom! First time I'm "traveling" along on your adventures! You have adorable granddaughters! What a scary time it must have been with your daughter's illness, and so happy to hear of the great outcome. Love your merchandise pics, along with the rest. Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Dumbo looks so pretty at night! Disney really spiffed it up nicely when adding Storybook Circus. I cannot wait to see all of that next year! :hyper:

Love Crystal Palace! And I am so glad that I am not the only person who enjoys it at night though I have never had the chance yet to try the breakfast. Everything still looks delicious! And timing it with Wishes, what more could you ask for! Great place to introduce newcomers to Disney! :)

They really did do a good job with Dumbo - from the ride itself with the water feature, which is especially cool at night, to the queue.

The dumbo a play area looks like a ton of fun

The girls enjoy it. It's nice for them to be able to have some kid-type movement as they wait. Not that the walking is not movement, but climbing is much more fun!

All caught up on your trip report, MeMom! First time I'm "traveling" along on your adventures! You have adorable granddaughters! What a scary time it must have been with your daughter's illness, and so happy to hear of the great outcome. Love your merchandise pics, along with the rest. Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

It's nice to have you here hanging out with us. You will meet a lot of very nice DIS people here.

Jill's ordeal was such a whirlwind. Mostly, we were in shock, and it was all we could do to adjust to a new baby and what was happening, so thankfully, we didn't have too many times to think about the 'scared' part. Most of that came after she was getting better, so it worked out well. By the time we had to really comprehend the severity, the surgery was done and she was healing. :thumbsup2

disneybag002.jpg

So, for the It's a Small World fans, I thought I would take a pic of one of my splurges... Enjoying this new bag, that has two side pockets, one fits a water bottle, the other my cell phone and keys.

DH and I grew up in Queens, and were in grammar school when the Worlds Fair came to town. We are ancient enough to remember the originial IASW:eek:! Deb

The new Dumbo area is such a great idea! It looks really fun for the kids!

Yay for the Crystal Palace! We've only been there for breakfast, but it looks like a nice dinner as well!

I love the new Dumbo queue! The boys had so much fun in it the last time we were there. However, it was not fun trying to find them when it was our turn to ride.:rotfl: We love CP too. We have not been the last couple of times. We are going to CM per Blake's request this trip for breakfast. They love to eat and watch the monorail go by.
Well, it looks like I have another Disney trip in the works. We are now going down the week of July 4th. We had planned on going to Scotland with our best friends, but Jason's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in December and is going through chemo right now. She told us this last week that she is unsure when it will end and we may need to reschedule till next year. She was our babysitter. Her health is much more important than a trip. So, we decided to use the rest of our points and go to Disney. This way we can spend more time with the boys.

disneybag002.jpg

So, for the It's a Small World fans, I thought I would take a pic of one of my splurges... Enjoying this new bag, that has two side pockets, one fits a water bottle, the other my cell phone and keys.

DH and I grew up in Queens, and were in grammar school when the Worlds Fair came to town. We are ancient enough to remember the originial IASW:eek:! Deb

I love it. Where did you get it?

I did get my quick Disney fix. But *gasp* no pictures (VERY, VERY rare for me!), as I left my camera in the car, and I don't have a fancy phone, so nope, no pictures. :confused3 The choice of the day was the The Full Montagu. I can't eat a full one, so I just nibble on my DH & DD's. And it was DELICIOUS! It was so crowded at DTD.. I think everyone in So Cal was visiting! They were out of cupcakes, so we forced ourselves to go back this morning. :yay::yay:
When we go at the end of March for our Spring Break, I promise to take pictures and figure out how to load them on here. Of course, by then, you'll be having your own Earl Sandwich!

Love the pictures of all the girls in the Small World boat. My favorite ride! Yes, really! :cool1:

Have a fabulous week! Hope your countdown to Disney goes by quickly!

I'm here, it's time I bounce back into the DIS full force. I can't wait to get caught up on everything, I've been away too long.

:wave:

I need to do CP for dinner again. Did it for lunch and like that but BOG will have to be first then CP. ::yes::

getting back into the swing of things, I did my usual type out my comments on a sticky note while I read along and I'm all caught up now :goodvibes..here goes...

I had tears in my eyes as I read the beginning of this TR, glad you all made it to Disney and everything turned out well in the end.

IASM is a great first ride for Sophie. I don't remember the last time I rode it. I heard they made changes to it, pretty sure that was after I last rode it.

Aww big Smiles :goodvibes and congrats for Tinkgurl!!

Why didn't I try that King cupcake when I was there?

Throw in a husband coin for me too, so I can start planning for the baby coin ;) This year in October will be 6 years for me and my guy! :)

Congratulations to belleinpink! :goodvibes

ha! I love that picture of Brooklynn waiting to surprise my dad :)

Adorable pictures of Sophie meeting Mickey for first time.

sunny_stace, very cool story about the mystery Disney VIP

Yay for your trip this month! My dad asked me a few weeks ago when you all were heading down again. So I think he'll be thrilled to know you'll be there on the 24th.

gosh, just as I was trying to read the last page, I think the DIS froze on me :( well, it is 3:14am on Saturday morning, so I'll catch up on the bit when I wake up.

I think if I ever try CP I'd want to do breakfast before dinner, but having a good seat for Wishes is a plus.

I need to do CP for dinner again. Did it for lunch and like that but BOG will have to be first then CP. ::yes::

:wave: :yay:

disneybag002.jpg

I love it. Where did you get it?

I like it! I hope Disney Parks continue to have and increase the Small World line of merchandise.

Any meal at CP is a great meal!!

Love the nighttime pics of Dumbo.:thumbsup2

We have opened Crystal Palace before, but this was our first time to close it.

The water feature and lights really do give the Dumbo area a special atmosphere at night.

The new Dumbo area is such a great idea! It looks really fun for the kids!

Yay for the Crystal Palace! We've only been there for breakfast, but it looks like a nice dinner as well!

Dinner at CP is good. As you can see, they were running out of some things as they closed out, but we had plenty. I didn't even get a picture of the meat carving area and some other things, but there was more than enough for all of us.

I love the new Dumbo queue! The boys had so much fun in it the last time we were there. However, it was not fun trying to find them when it was our turn to ride.:rotfl: We love CP too. We have not been the last couple of times. We are going to CM per Blake's request this trip for breakfast. They love to eat and watch the monorail go by.
Well, it looks like I have another Disney trip in the works. We are now going down the week of July 4th. We had planned on going to Scotland with our best friends, but Jason's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in December and is going through chemo right now. She told us this last week that she is unsure when it will end and we may need to reschedule till next year. She was our babysitter. Her health is much more important than a trip. So, we decided to use the rest of our points and go to Disney. This way we can spend more time with the boys.

We have not been to Chef Mickey's in quite a while. I was thinking we should do a character meal when we leave Vero this summer and do two nights at Kidani with no parks (since we're going to SeaWorld), but we'll see how that plays out.

I did get my quick Disney fix. But *gasp* no pictures (VERY, VERY rare for me!), as I left my camera in the car, and I don't have a fancy phone, so nope, no pictures. :confused3 The choice of the day was the The Full Montagu. I can't eat a full one, so I just nibble on my DH & DD's. And it was DELICIOUS! It was so crowded at DTD.. I think everyone in So Cal was visiting! They were out of cupcakes, so we forced ourselves to go back this morning. :yay::yay:
When we go at the end of March for our Spring Break, I promise to take pictures and figure out how to load them on here. Of course, by then, you'll be having your own Earl Sandwich!

Love the pictures of all the girls in the Small World boat. My favorite ride! Yes, really! :cool1:

Have a fabulous week! Hope your countdown to Disney goes by quickly!

On Wednesday, I will be doing the TWO WEEK dance! :goodvibes It is cool that you can take day trips to Disneyland. ::yes:: John is out there again, and the hotel he stays at is not far from there. On his last trip, he went to DTD.

I am hoping to have an Earl sandwich very soon. I have a long list of things I want to eat, but I know I won't get to them all.

I plan to get int he BOG line at some point, too, for a lunch.

getting back into the swing of things, I did my usual type out my comments on a sticky note while I read along and I'm all caught up now :goodvibes..here goes...

I had tears in my eyes as I read the beginning of this TR, glad you all made it to Disney and everything turned out well in the end.

IASM is a great first ride for Sophie. I don't remember the last time I rode it. I heard they made changes to it, pretty sure that was after I last rode it.

Aww big Smiles :goodvibes and congrats for Tinkgurl!!

Why didn't I try that King cupcake when I was there?

Throw in a husband coin for me too, so I can start planning for the baby coin ;) This year in October will be 6 years for me and my guy! :)

Congratulations to belleinpink! :goodvibes

ha! I love that picture of Brooklynn waiting to surprise my dad :)

Adorable pictures of Sophie meeting Mickey for first time.

sunny_stace, very cool story about the mystery Disney VIP

Yay for your trip this month! My dad asked me a few weeks ago when you all were heading down again. So I think he'll be thrilled to know you'll be there on the 24th.

gosh, just as I was trying to read the last page, I think the DIS froze on me :( well, it is 3:14am on Saturday morning, so I'll catch up on the bit when I wake up.

I think if I ever try CP I'd want to do breakfast before dinner, but having a good seat for Wishes is a plus.

:wave: :yay:

I think we might walk to Hollywood Studios on the morning of the 24th. I have never walked from Beach Club to Hollywood, so this might be the time. Or we might take the boat. It depends on how the legs are holding out and what the weather is doing, I guess. Ed won't be quite as thrilled to see me as he will be to see the girls a few weeks later. ;)

The King Cupcake is fairly new - like within the last year and half, maybe.

Adding your name to the coin-tossing list! :thumbsup2

I love reading TRs to see familiar things from a new perspective. We've only seen the new Dumbo once - in full morning sunshine. It looks so different at night - without your pics I'd never have known!

And we have had many CP breakfasts but not dinners - it all looks good :thumbsup2
We like Chef Mickeys for dinner - how do you think CP compares?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter