• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

Good morning everyone! I am finally waking up from my surgery. I found out that I have adenomyosis. Sounds fun, right? I just hope going through surgery and taking care of adhesions will help.
I just love all the merchandise they have at Everything Pop. I need to go there and look around this next trip.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Get well soon!!:hug:

Gotta love the simple things like coloring.:goodvibes

Love seeing all the merchandise. I saw the coasters that I have. I love them!! Use them every day. I have one on both end tables, by the computer, etc.

I think I want that Mickey head trivet. It is heavy though so not sure but would love to get that someday.

I'm so glad Jill got to the hospital in time and is o.k. I really want to get to Disney in the fall one of these years. The MK looks so pretty and I love the merchandise!
IASW was my first ride, too!

Haha, absolutely! Whether it's a boy or girl! I posted on Twitter that I just get super excited about new babies in our DIS community. It's kind of entertaining how it's just as much excitement as the excitement I have for the pregnancies of my "real life" friends too ... or maybe a little more because I know those babies/kiddies will eventually make it to WDW! Haha. It must be so fun to share the news with the DIS family.

My husband is now getting involved with the Disney photography community on Flickr and at The Magic in Pixels. He's starting to really understand how easy it is to talk about online Disney friends who have a common interest! Not that he ever questioned me about it; some of my teacher DIS friends have become his DIS friends too! All of this really helps us deal with the fact that we had 3 trips in 2012 and none planned for 2013.

At first glance, Everything Pop seemed kind of small to me. When I took the time to actually look around, I was finding things in every nook and cranny! I love how quickly they change some of their merchandise while other things are still available trip after trip. That means there's always something new to buy (or "buy" via taking pictures!).

Drew would get along with Howard. He loves talking photgraphy.

No trips in 2013? Maybe you can sneak in a long Food and Wine weekend later. This year is still very young. :goodvibes

Good morning everyone! I am finally waking up from my surgery. I found out that I have adenomyosis. Sounds fun, right? I just hope going through surgery and taking care of adhesions will help.
I just love all the merchandise they have at Everything Pop. I need to go there and look around this next trip.

Good to hear from you. I have to go look up that big word. :) Hope they got you all fixed up! :thumbsup2

DH and I are off to Disney on Ice today. My birthday was yesterday. I am watching Kelly and Michael at MK on the DVR to get me even more excited. :goodvibes.

That will be a nice little Disney fix. :earsgirl: :earsboy: I have heard so much about Michael and Kelly. This is the Kelly that worked with Regis, right? I don't know who Michael is. Her husband? I hardly watch any TV - a little Hallmark during the holidays, some HGTV House Hunters shows, and occasionally Disney Channel and TV Land. I think it is funny when peopl are all over FB getting so torn up about shows they watch - reality, contest shows, or whatever - and I have no idea what they even are. I would lose any game show about TV or movies bigtime! :upsidedow

I go MIA for a week come back and we are already on page 12! So excited to read about Sophies 1st trip :)

Me Me Me :yay: Of course since we will be foster parents in November we probably will get pregnant then lol isn't that how it always works out ;)

Okay, coins will be thrown for you. Fostering and adopting is a great way to have a family, too! ::yes::

Gotta love the simple things like coloring.:goodvibes

Love seeing all the merchandise. I saw the coasters that I have. I love them!! Use them every day. I have one on both end tables, by the computer, etc.

I think I want that Mickey head trivet. It is heavy though so not sure but would love to get that someday.

I like to get practical things, too, because it helps me justify a purchase somewhat. ;) I have some Mickey kitchen items - serving utensils, measuring cups, a mixing bowl. The mixing bowl is the one Jill got me, so it is extra special. I enjoy looking at all of the kitchen items all over WDW gift shops.

I'm so glad Jill got to the hospital in time and is o.k. I really want to get to Disney in the fall one of these years. The MK looks so pretty and I love the merchandise!
IASW was my first ride, too!

You should have no problem getting to Disney World in the fall. If not before, you'll probably be working there in the fall one of these days soon!

Yay for Small World! :cheer2: I don't know if I will go on it in March, as Kay may think it is too kiddie to go on without kids.

Yes, I have a Pop Century pin. I will see what they have in March, too, and post pictures. The first time we stayed at Pop, there were t-shirts, sweatshirts, coffee cups, travel mugs, magnets, and all kinds of fun Pop things. Now, there is almost nothing. Recently, I have seen only the pin and a postcard that has the Pop sign from out on the road as you first come in.

Oh, that would be wonderful! Thank you! I'm planning on staying there on my next trip and I LOVE getting pins from the resorts I stay at! I just love resort-specific merchandise! :goodvibes

I just loved the fall decor at MK! I'm really not normally a big Halloween fan, but our October trip was one of the best!

Good thing those girls got some splash time before bed!

Not sure who said it now, (I didn't quote as I read), but For Michelle with PCOS, there are some really great treatments for it. I've had it and have two beautiful girls, so as long as she knows about it (I didn't for a year), they can help her get regulated and pregnant. Clomid worked for me!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dr. Momof2TNboys!

Happy belated birthday Valgoof! Hope you enjoy Disney on Ice!

What fun Halloween shopping pictures!! I intended for more to come home with me in October but I'll just have to get it another time.

Super congrats to all the new mommies!! So sweet!! :dance3:

And I need a "husband" coin, too! Just turned 31 so I think that ole clock is ticking...can you hear it all the way in Tennessee? :rotfl2:

I'll take a "husband" coin...I mean, I have the guy and have for almost seven years, we just haven't taken the plunge yet. :rotfl2:

My dad keeps talking about going to Disney for SWW next year, and earlier this evening, my friend texted me to ask if I'd cheer her on if she were to do the Disney princess half marathon next year. She also threw in that I could run with her, but running is so not my cup of tea. I'm already really excited for potential trips!

Also, I might be doing a TR, just because it was SUCH an unexpected turn of events and just an amazing trip. I'm typing out what I can remember in Word, but details are escaping me in the worst way!

That will be a nice little Disney fix. :earsgirl: :earsboy: I have heard so much about Michael and Kelly. This is the Kelly that worked with Regis, right? I don't know who Michael is. Her husband? I hardly watch any TV - a little Hallmark during the holidays, some HGTV House Hunters shows, and occasionally Disney Channel and TV Land. I think it is funny when peopl are all over FB getting so torn up about shows they watch - reality, contest shows, or whatever - and I have no idea what they even are. I would lose any game show about TV or movies bigtime! :upsidedown

Yes it is the Kelly that was with Regis. Michael Strahan is her new co-host. He was a football player for the New York Giants. I probably watch enough tv for the both of us. :goodvibes

Thanks! We did enjoy it. Well, I enjoyed it. I think DH just tolerated it. :rotfl2:

I'll take a "husband" coin...I mean, I have the guy and have for almost seven years, we just haven't taken the plunge yet. :rotfl2:

DH and I dated for 9 years. He FINALLY proposed on a New Years Eve and we got married on March 24th. I wasted no time planning that wedding!! :rotfl:

Happy to find this trip report-even if I am a little late. Enjoying catching up and can't wait to read some more!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Valgoof, Happy belated B'day!!!!:yay:

it's always so fun to see things you didn't notice on your own trip. That barnstormer pin is awfully cute and I find myself wishing I'd gotten a few of the multi colored melamine bowls and plates or plastic wineglasses. Not that I need any of them but I did like them an awful lot, and still do.

Nice end to the day with some water play, glad the rain didn't keep that from happening.

Good morning. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. I am not fully recovered but getting there. I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Yep, she was a sick girl. They let us know that the first night. I am so, so glad her body reacted in such an obvious way and we were able to get her to the hospital right away. When my oldest son went through something similar a few years ago, his body was not as 'vocal' about things, and he was suffering in a more quiet way. By the time they got him to the hospital and figured out what was going on, they said that if he had not gotten there, he would probably have collapsed and died in about another two hours. With tears in my eyes, I tell you that I say thank you every day for having both of them still around!

I honestly can not imagine going through this once, let a lone twice. Septic shock can present very "softly" until someone is extremely ill. I am very glad that both were able to bounce back and have a full recovery.

Oh, that would be wonderful! Thank you! I'm planning on staying there on my next trip and I LOVE getting pins from the resorts I stay at! I just love resort-specific merchandise! :goodvibes

We do, too. Polynesian has a lot, and I got some things from Old Key West and Beach Club on the summer trip, too.

I just loved the fall decor at MK! I'm really not normally a big Halloween fan, but our October trip was one of the best!

Good thing those girls got some splash time before bed!

Not sure who said it now, (I didn't quote as I read), but For Michelle with PCOS, there are some really great treatments for it. I've had it and have two beautiful girls, so as long as she knows about it (I didn't for a year), they can help her get regulated and pregnant. Clomid worked for me!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dr. Momof2TNboys!

What a blessing it is for you to have your wonderful girls! :love:

We love our October trips. Jill does, especially, because it is her birthday month. I will look forward to going next October, but for this year, I will be going in December instead.

What fun Halloween shopping pictures!! I intended for more to come home with me in October but I'll just have to get it another time.

Super congrats to all the new mommies!! So sweet!! :dance3:

And I need a "husband" coin, too! Just turned 31 so I think that ole clock is ticking...can you hear it all the way in Tennessee? :rotfl2:

Okay, here's what I will do - I will find coins from your birth year and throw those in with a special request. What do ya think? ;) And then you will come down to Disney World and bat your eyes at a bunch of good-looking cast members, and the rest will be history. :thumbsup2

My dad keeps talking about going to Disney for SWW next year, and earlier this evening, my friend texted me to ask if I'd cheer her on if she were to do the Disney princess half marathon next year. She also threw in that I could run with her, but running is so not my cup of tea. I'm already really excited for potential trips!

Also, I might be doing a TR, just because it was SUCH an unexpected turn of events and just an amazing trip. I'm typing out what I can remember in Word, but details are escaping me in the worst way!

Patrick led the way, so I feel sure Charles will be right behind in making things official. ::yes::

I don't know anything about Star Wars, but the parade is very cool. Well, actually I remember it being extremely HOT the day we watched it, but it was hot and cool at the same time. :chewy: :darth: :yoda: :ewok: (Be proud that I knew that those were SW people!)

A runner I am not, but I want to go cheer some DIS runners on one of these days! :cheer2:

Yes it is the Kelly that was with Regis. Michael Strahan is her new co-host. He was a football player for the New York Giants. I probably watch enough tv for the both of us. :goodvibes

Thanks! We did enjoy it. Well, I enjoyed it. I think DH just tolerated it. :rotfl2:

DH and I dated for 9 years. He FINALLY proposed on a New Years Eve and we got married on March 24th. I wasted no time planning that wedding!! :rotfl:

Glad you found the man of your dreams - and that he tolerates your love of Disney things. :goodvibes

Happy to find this trip report-even if I am a little late. Enjoying catching up and can't wait to read some more!

Glad to have you! We're just starting the first full day, so you haven't missed a thing. I plan to put up more pictures this afternoon.

it's always so fun to see things you didn't notice on your own trip. That barnstormer pin is awfully cute and I find myself wishing I'd gotten a few of the multi colored melamine bowls and plates or plastic wineglasses. Not that I need any of them but I did like them an awful lot, and still do.

Nice end to the day with some water play, glad the rain didn't keep that from happening.

The rain didn't last long. I enjoy sitting out by the kiddie pool watching the girls play. We do this sometimes while Jill and John have a shopping time or go out to dinner or need to get the room straightened up without a lot of little people in the way. It works out well.

We really must grow money trees in DIStown so that we can have all the Disney things we want! pixiedust:

Good morning. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. I am not fully recovered but getting there. I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Take it slowly!

More pictures this afternoon - after church and meeting Trent and Brandi at the mall for lunch.

I honestly can not imagine going through this once, let a lone twice. Septic shock can present very "softly" until someone is extremely ill. I am very glad that both were able to bounce back and have a full recovery.

As am I! Trent's was 'soft' and Jill's was 'violent'. I am so grateful that they were both strong, healthy young people who were able to fight their difficulties. I also had the 'privilege' of seeing Drew hooked up to a bunch of wires and in a neck brace when he had a bike wreck. He was bleeding from his ear, and had cuts and bruises. They thought he might have some brain trauma and possibly spinal injury, but after a long night of running tests, he only needed stitches, morphine, and a few days of sleep, and he was on his way to recovery. All three of my kids have had their fun playing with my emotions. Crazy kids!!!!

Lots of interesting merchandise today! A lot of those are things I've never seen before!

I have a question for you as a frequent POP stayer... have you ever seen a Pop Century specific pin? I've seen several for Christmas time or something, but never just a Pop pin like a lot of the resorts have. :confused3

I do have a POP pin !!!:cool1: i am trying to collect all the resorts I stay at and I do remember that being more difficult to find.

heal quick Cara - :hug:

Congrats to Jenjolt- princess:

Patrick led the way, so I feel sure Charles will be right behind in making things official. ::yes::

I don't know anything about Star Wars, but the parade is very cool. Well, actually I remember it being extremely HOT the day we watched it, but it was hot and cool at the same time. :chewy: :darth: :yoda: :ewok: (Be proud that I knew that those were SW people!)

A runner I am not, but I want to go cheer some DIS runners on one of these days! :cheer2:

I already told Katie that I hope my own wedding planning is not too far behind hers, because I'll need something to keep me occupied once her wedding is over!

I need to accrue time off so I can take a few days off in August and also be able to take time off for Katie and Patrick's wedding, so SWW this year is a no-go, but I'd love to go next year and take Charles. The only thing holding me back as far as taking Charles is the heat - it does get really hot and really humid up here, but Charles in particular really doesn't like humidity. I feel like he'd deal with it for Star Wars, though. ;)

Finally finished the last report, I was only 40 pages behind. Glad I'm not that far behind here. I completely forgot about all the struggles leading up to the October trip, but glad they subsided and didn't stop any park going.

And speaking of that magical fountain, that blessing Memom threw in for me in October worked, it took it's time but it worked (after close to 2 years of trying I'm convinced it was the fountain)!!!!! I found out about 4.5 weeks ago I'm expecting!!!! Of course I found out after DH left for his deployment, but he will be home in time for little one's arrival. Now I just need to work on tell the families we're expecting!!!

We're going to Disney in August and I'll be 33/34 weeks along, any tips or suggestions??? We're also going for Halloween and little one will only be about a month old. So tips and suggestions for that trip are greatly appreciated as well.

Can't wait to follow along on this report. I've been missing Disney something fierce since ending my CP in August and moving to NC in October.

Wow, it's baby week around the Dis princess: pirate: MeMom sure can cast some powerful wishes!! Congrats all around. This news is so much happier than accidents and poor health ::yes:: Hoping husbands to be are next for Katie, Stacy and Meghan!

I do have a POP pin !!!:cool1: i am trying to collect all the resorts I stay at and I do remember that being more difficult to find.

heal quick Cara - :hug:

Congrats to Jenjolt- princess:

I have a Pop pin, too, but I think I need to start collecting some holiday ones, too. And...I can start that this year with a Christmas one, if they make them, since I will be there. :)

I already told Katie that I hope my own wedding planning is not too far behind hers, because I'll need something to keep me occupied once her wedding is over!

I need to accrue time off so I can take a few days off in August and also be able to take time off for Katie and Patrick's wedding, so SWW this year is a no-go, but I'd love to go next year and take Charles. The only thing holding me back as far as taking Charles is the heat - it does get really hot and really humid up here, but Charles in particular really doesn't like humidity. I feel like he'd deal with it for Star Wars, though. ;)

Some of our cousins had talked about going to a SWW this year, but when I was talking to Dawn at church this morning, she said she thinks they're going to plan that for next year, instead. They kind of waited too late, she thinks, and she's not sure everyoe could get the time off this year. It is no doubt hot in June and July in Florida, but you guys could go to the parks in short spurts and enjoy lots of indoor and pools activities during the hottest times of the day.

Finally finished the last report, I was only 40 pages behind. Glad I'm not that far behind here. I completely forgot about all the struggles leading up to the October trip, but glad they subsided and didn't stop any park going.

And speaking of that magical fountain, that blessing Memom threw in for me in October worked, it took it's time but it worked (after close to 2 years of trying I'm convinced it was the fountain)!!!!! I found out about 4.5 weeks ago I'm expecting!!!! Of course I found out after DH left for his deployment, but he will be home in time for little one's arrival. Now I just need to work on tell the families we're expecting!!!

We're going to Disney in August and I'll be 33/34 weeks along, any tips or suggestions??? We're also going for Halloween and little one will only be about a month old. So tips and suggestions for that trip are greatly appreciated as well.

Can't wait to follow along on this report. I've been missing Disney something fierce since ending my CP in August and moving to NC in October.

Exciting news! :woohoo: We need Disney to do a feature article on that amazing fountain! :laughing:

Jill can help be a resource about going to WDW pregnant and with a tiny one, as can others around here. I'd say take it slowly and use common sense, and you should have a blast!

Wow, it's baby week around the Dis princess: pirate: MeMom sure can cast some powerful wishes!! Congrats all around. This news is so much happier than accidents and poor health ::yes:: Hoping husbands to be are next for Katie, Stacy and Meghan!

It is wonderful to have happy news, isn't it? I was just reading an update on Lindy a few minutes before I came over here. Her husband is always so positive and encouraging in his posts. She is still not able to move her trunk or legs, but they rejoice in the fact that she has arm movement. She is doing some things for herself and her baby boy with the help of gadgets they attach to her hands to help her, since she does not have finger dexterity. They are diligently working at creating a new normal for themselves, and they look forward to the day they can come home. I am always uplifted by reading about her progress.

DIStown is going to need a nice wedding pavilion and a fine baby hospital. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter