• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So much leftover HAM...any recipe ideas??

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I have so much leftover ham from Christmas Eve and I don't know what to do with it. You can only eat so many ham sandwiches before you "get sick" of it. Any recipe ideas? Freezer meals? I hate to waste it.

I have so much leftover ham from Christmas Eve and I don't know what to do with it. You can only eat so many ham sandwiches before you "get sick" of it. Any recipe ideas? Freezer meals? I hate to waste it.

Ham Salad
Bean Soup with Ham

We're making ham bone soup new year's eve.

Make ham and eggs. Grilled cheese with ham. Ham and scalloped potatoes. And it does freeze well for later use.

Make black-eyed peas. Need to eat them on New Year's day for good luck in 2013.

Lentils are also great cooked with leftover ham.

Today we had grilled ham and cheese.

I will make a roux and cube the ham add cooked onions and peas. Serve over noodles.

Ham and navy bean soup.

I just made a nice pot of split pea soup with ham. I made some nice dumplings too and put on top of the boiling soup. I am serving it with a salad, and a loaf of crusty bread because I can't have too many carbs! LOL

I like to make PA Dutch ham and string beans. I just cube up the ham, cube up some potatoes, and use frozen green beans. Simmer in some broth (I use chicken broth) until the potatoes are done. I usually start the potatoes first, and then add the ham and beans. How much of each is up to you- depends on how much broth you want.

I also add cubed ham to boxed scalloped potatoes for a very easy weeknight casserole.

You could make quiche- ham and swiss- and any veggies you like.

You can freeze cooked ham, so you could always cube it and bag it- throw it in your freezer for when you need it for a recipe.

I too have a ton of leftover ham. We have been doing ham sandwiches and ham and eggs, but I am also planning to make:

ham, egg and cheese breakfast strata--we will eat for dinner
hamloaf
split pea soup with ham

Yum! I don't love just a piece of ham, but I do really like all the other stuff I can do with it.

We had this tonight. I always make it with my leftover ham!

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 cups cubed cooked ham
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
* 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
* 5 cups extra-wide egg noodles, cooked and drained

Directions

1. Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the ham and onion and cook until the onion is tender.
2. Stir the soup in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Add the cheese and cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Add the noodles and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.

Does anyone have a good ham soup recipe to share? We like to put our ham in omelets.

I made mac and cheese with ham tonight. Planning to make corn chowder tomorrow.

Also agree with just wrapping it up and popping it in the freezer for later meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter