So Much fun for a Disney Fan-Ta-See onboard (fantasy) 9-27-14 Western Caribbean

Welcome! I know people have said that the bigger ships feel really big, but when we were on the dream, we didn't feel that way at all. I'm sure you will love all the high tech fun the newer ships have to offer you and the kids. I hope I can get my dad and his wife to join us! Did you use any special tactics to get them to come along? My eldest son and his bride (they will be married the Saturday before we sail) will be joining us for the trip! We probably won't be seeing a lot of them though! Heehee.... We can't do the FE either :( but I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. It is getting closer, if only the weather would warm up! It was -4 F here this morning, so I feel ya!

We invited our parents along on our first cruise 3 years ago when it was kids sail free. We needed the extra adults ;) they ended up loving it and have been on two disney cruises since. One we joined them for and one they went without us.

How fun that you have your son and his new bride joining you! That should be enough to convince your father he needs to come...

We invited our parents along on our first cruise 3 years ago when it was kids sail free. We needed the extra adults ;) they ended up loving it and have been on two disney cruises since. One we joined them for and one they went without us. How fun that you have your son and his new bride joining you! That should be enough to convince your father he needs to come...

Thanks. I know my father and Beth would love it if they would just give it a try. I'll have to work on Beth. If she decides she'd like to go then dad will follow along. I feel really good that my oldest son feels that we wouldn't be intruding on his honeymoon.it should be an amazing trip! It will be nice to meet everyone I've talked to on this board!

Good afternoon,everyone!
Chris and I will be on this cruise, also. We are looking forward to cruising with everyone!

Susie

Yay!!! There IS a Dismeet for our cruise - I've been searching, obviously not too effectively lol! Well when I joined the Disboards, as my name suggests , there we're 2 adults and 4 children however we have since discovered we have a stowaway on board! So it will be me and DH (37), Dss (12), DS (10), DSs (9), DD 8, and new baby 4 months! Third cruise for me and my DS and DD and first cruise for hubby and the other kiddies. We are doing 10 nights at WDW beforehand, coming from Australia we thought we had better make the most of it!

Also I've put in a request to be added to the Facebook group, my name is Melissa.

Yay!!! There IS a Dismeet for our cruise - I've been searching, obviously not too effectively lol! Well when I joined the Disboards, as my name suggests , there we're 2 adults and 4 children however we have since discovered we have a stowaway on board! So it will be me and DH (37), Dss (12), DS (10), DSs (9), DD 8, and new baby 4 months! Third cruise for me and my DS and DD and first cruise for hubby and the other kiddies. We are doing 10 nights at WDW beforehand, coming from Australia we thought we had better make the most of it!

Welcome Melissa! Glad you found us!

Hey everyone. Finally decided to move our dummy cruise date and make it official with this 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. Looking forward to our second Disney cruise for our family and our first 7 night (last one was a 4 night on the Dream). Haven't read through this entire thread but I was curious if our cruise meet had a group facebook page? Our last cruise had one started and it was fun to comment on there and also to see all the photos both pre and post cruise. Just let me know if there is one out there and I'll go search it out.

Hey everyone. Finally decided to move our dummy cruise date and make it official with this 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. Looking forward to our second Disney cruise for our family and our first 7 night (last one was a 4 night on the Dream). Haven't read through this entire thread but I was curious if our cruise meet had a group facebook page? Our last cruise had one started and it was fun to comment on there and also to see all the photos both pre and post cruise. Just let me know if there is one out there and I'll go search it out.

Hi and welcome! Yes, there is a FB page (Disney Fan-Ta-See Party) :D

Woohoo! Lets start planning. They finally released airfare dates.

I got the start of our trip figured out... Flying in the day before, renting a car and staying at a hotel near port.

But...... I need help with the ending.....

What time can we disembark off the ship?

Do you think a 2:50pm flight home out of mco will be enough time?

Does anyone have a shuttle service back to airport they would recommend?

Thank you,
Gena

Does anyone know if Nemo's Reef is open as soon as you board on Embarkation Day? Thank you! :goodvibes

Sorry Gena but I don't know anything about flying and shuttles, but keep us informed here on what you find out. My son and his bride will be needing to make arrangements for meeting up with us on the cruise.

As to Nemo's Reef, I do think I remember seeing it up and running when we went up to the pool deck when we were on the Dream. So I'd guess it would be. After all the pools are open.

Sorry Gena but I don't know anything about flying and shuttles, but keep us informed here on what you find out. My son and his bride will be needing to make arrangements for meeting up with us on the cruise.

As to Nemo's Reef, I do think I remember seeing it up and running when we went up to the pool deck when we were on the Dream. So I'd guess it would be. After all the pools are open.

Thank you! :)

Woohoo! Lets start planning. They finally released airfare dates. I got the start of our trip figured out... Flying in the day before, renting a car and staying at a hotel near port. But...... I need help with the ending..... What time can we disembark off the ship? Do you think a 2:50pm flight home out of mco will be enough time? Does anyone have a shuttle service back to airport they would recommend? Thank you, Gena

That's plenty of time! I wouldn't do anything before noon just incase. Better be safe than sorry!

Does anyone know if Nemo's Reef is open as soon as you board on Embarkation Day? Thank you! :goodvibes

Yes, it was open on our Disney Dream cruise upon boarding. We liked it because we hit Cabanas then found a table right next to it where we could see in and check on the kids periodically so that when they got done eating, they just went in and played. Just remember to have them in swimwear or have it in your carry on.

Hi there - just came across this today. I am so excited for our cruise. :woohoo: This will be our 2nd Disney, but 3rd cruise all together. We went on a Carnival cruise in January and lets just say I will NEVER do that again. I need to PM sgc1107 to get in on the FE exchange, but can't until I have made 10 posts. So don't be surprised if I make random comments here and there.

I keep reading about the men doing beer exchanges for their FE gift. Is anyone else doing that? My husband would love it. He just doesn't want to be the only one ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter