So Much fun for a Disney Fan-Ta-See onboard (fantasy) 9-27-14 Western Caribbean

hello all!! We just booked today!! This will be our second disney cruise, our first being in 2009 on the Magic. It will be myself, DH (turning 40!) and DD's 10 and 12.
We are super excited to participate in the FE. Have we started taking names and staterooms yet?
It will be nice to have such a longgggg time to get to know eachother.
anne-marie

I guess my biggest question is about the fe things. Do people spend a lot of money on these things? When I first read about them I thought it was just like Holocene in reverse where people would see people's bags and come by and put trinkets and candy in them. Now I'm wondering how much people spend and how many people you end up making/giving stuff to?

Hey everyone sorry for the long time between post. It has been a rough few weeks this past month. DH had major surgery to repair what is left of his intestines and we lost our family Flat Coat Retriever after 13 years with our family (he was more like my hair son) so I have had my mind elsewhere. It has been a great weekend to cope and have some fun. We went to the Monsters Inc University movie last night. LOVED IT!!!
Anyhow, Welcome Anne-Marie and CruiseCrazy44! I will try my best to explain FE. Really the cost depends on what you decide to give as a gift. It really is up to you if you make the gift or choose to purchase trinkets or small gifts from your state/country etc. Have fun with it. Don't over think it. There is no right or wrong gift. Our family loves to give and sit to make the gifts for our group so the service is why we like it. And it is fun to be a part of Dis Group like this. As the group gets bigger the list can be divided if needed and each will have the option to choose a day to deliver their gifts to avoid getting gifts all on one day with an over loaded FE and to spread out the fun. A list will be made with Room number, First names and ages (optional) of those in the room and a section to add which day you prefer to deliver or you can choose any. This allows the coordinator the ability to adjust the days accordingly. The groups usually are around 15 rooms ish, again, depends upon how many of us choose to participate. As we get closer we will start the list, but for now we have a long time to go so it really can change dramatically.
Here is a picture of one of our past FE days. This group didn't divide the days to give so this is the aftermath of the first day. Then after that we really didn't receive much the rest of the cruise. Hence, a day to give. This one had maps, magnets for our fridge, Pens, candy, handmade princess sashes with a small tiara, pirate gear etc.

The above was a gift we gave once with bubbles (fun at the back of the ship to see how far they float) glow sticks for pirate night and a small glass jar for sand from the beaches we visited to take home.

Is anyone going to WDW first or after their trip? We have decided to stay at PORFQ for 2 nights and then do the Mickeys not so scary Halloween party on Friday night. We plan on getting transportation to the Port and leaving at 10:30am to get to the port early. More time on the ship.
Hope this helps. Now can someone please fast forward the clock!? :hourglass

Thank you! I am glad to hear the gifts can vary so much. I always intend to spend a lot of time on things and then end up getting too busy, so it's nice to know either will work out fine! I've learned so much here on the boards, it's been fantastic, and now joining our specific cruise board makes it even better! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all before we even get on the boat! :)
461 days!
Susan (officially Cruise Crazy!)

thanks for the welcome. We had so much fun with the FE on our first cruise, it's one of the reasons were are sailing with Disney again and not another line. I read on the boards that some adults (Dads) are doing a beer exchange now! Might be something fun to do to get the dads involved.
I'm sorry mindy327 to hear about your dog. It is very difficult to lose a long time pet, they really are like our children in many ways.
We will most likely do a precruise disney stay. We are going to WDW this October for two weeks with stays at AKL and AOA. This is for my 40th birthday. We had a two night stay at POR-Riverside precruise in 2009 and loved it and would like to try PORFQ. My goal is to stay at every Disney resort at one point. Disney is my happy place!

Welcome aboard Susan and annieL we have only 459 days remaining :cool1: time will fly by......OK thats a lie but good thinks do come to those who wait :confused3

Hey everyone sorry for the long time between post. It has been a rough few weeks this past month. DH had major surgery to repair what is left of his intestines and we lost our family Flat Coat Retriever after 13 years with our family (he was more like my hair son) so I have had my mind elsewhere. It has been a great weekend to cope and have some fun. We went to the Monsters Inc University movie last night. LOVED IT!!!
Anyhow, Welcome Anne-Marie and CruiseCrazy44! I will try my best to explain FE. Really the cost depends on what you decide to give as a gift. It really is up to you if you make the gift or choose to purchase trinkets or small gifts from your state/country etc. Have fun with it. Don't over think it. There is no right or wrong gift. Our family loves to give and sit to make the gifts for our group so the service is why we like it. And it is fun to be a part of Dis Group like this. As the group gets bigger the list can be divided if needed and each will have the option to choose a day to deliver their gifts to avoid getting gifts all on one day with an over loaded FE and to spread out the fun. A list will be made with Room number, First names and ages (optional) of those in the room and a section to add which day you prefer to deliver or you can choose any. This allows the coordinator the ability to adjust the days accordingly. The groups usually are around 15 rooms ish, again, depends upon how many of us choose to participate. As we get closer we will start the list, but for now we have a long time to go so it really can change dramatically.
Here is a picture of one of our past FE days. This group didn't divide the days to give so this is the aftermath of the first day. Then after that we really didn't receive much the rest of the cruise. Hence, a day to give. This one had maps, magnets for our fridge, Pens, candy, handmade princess sashes with a small tiara, pirate gear etc.

The above was a gift we gave once with bubbles (fun at the back of the ship to see how far they float) glow sticks for pirate night and a small glass jar for sand from the beaches we visited to take home.

Is anyone going to WDW first or after their trip? We have decided to stay at PORFQ for 2 nights and then do the Mickeys not so scary Halloween party on Friday night. We plan on getting transportation to the Port and leaving at 10:30am to get to the port early. More time on the ship.
Hope this helps. Now can someone please fast forward the clock!? :hourglass

Hi Mindy, sorry to here of your loss, our pets are members of the family and it hurts when they are gone. Hope DH is feeling better!

hello, we are the howells
we just booked this cruise, moving our dates from jan 2014
we are a family of 4 and my two kids will be 8 and 6 at the time of the cruise
we are going to be in stateroom 9510, and for sure will be doing the FE

hi everyone! anyone interested in starting a Facebook page for our group? we can attach forms for the FE group there too. Call me crazy but does anyone know how to set one up that would be willing? I have no clue how to do it. and do we have anyone who wants to be the Fish Extender cordinator volunteer? it's pretty simple to do. I've done it on a previous cruise but want to give someone the opportunity if they would like to.

What are the benefits of setting up a Facebook page?

I think it is the ease of connecting and getting to know one another. I would be willing to take care of the Facebook page, but I'll have to hit up my tech savvy friends for help setting it up if you want me to do it. What would you like me to call it?

I'm not on FB. There is an interesting thread going right now about the use of FB pages on the Dis. I guess my feeling is that the forum that we have started off with (Dis) should be the forum in which we stay with. Those of us who are not on FB will be excluded.

I'm not on FB. There is an interesting thread going right now about the use of FB pages on the Dis. I guess my feeling is that the forum that we have started off with (Dis) should be the forum in which we stay with. Those of us who are not on FB will be excluded.

I can certainly understand that. And I wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded. I wouldn't have a fb page if my teenager hadn't set it up for me! Lol! I'll wait to do anything until those that started the page let me know one way or the other. Do you know how to put the link to the fb discussion? Because I'd like to read it.

I have no idea how to post a link to a thread!! Your asking the person who is not even on FB!:rolleyes1
It is on the first page on the main DCL forum. Happy reading.

I have no idea how to post a link to a thread!! Your asking the person who is not even on FB!:rolleyes1
It is on the first page on the main DCL forum. Happy reading.

Lol! I know how you feel! I'm not much more tech savvy, but I have a teenager in the house and a very techie friend to ask for help from! My oldest son, who is now in the Army, thinks I'm hopeless! ;)

Lol! I know how you feel! I'm not much more tech savvy, but I have a teenager in the house and a very techie friend to ask for help from! My oldest son, who is now in the Army, thinks I'm hopeless! ;)

did you make any headway into the fb group?
if not I can set one up in a few days after 7 years in dsl tech support I should be able to create a facebook group

did you make any headway into the fb group?
if not I can set one up in a few days after 7 years in dsl tech support I should be able to create a facebook group

Sure go ahead. I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. It would be a while before I could get to it. Let me know what it's called and I'll join! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter