So much for checking in early.......

mickey12810

Mouseketeer
I just tried to do an online checkin with SWA and my DH name came up in red and said that we have to checkin at the airport. What does this mean? :confused3 Is this going to be a nightmare at the airport? :scared1:
So much for the A boarding passes :worried:

SW distributes A passes evenly between online, counter, koisks and skycaps so you could still get one. When I've done skycap, koisk or counter I've always gotten an A when checking in 1.5-2 hours before my flight out of PVD.

His name in red means he's been flagged for some reason. Could be he has a name that's the same as someone on the no-fly list. It should be resolved fairly quickly with his ID.

Good luck!! :teeth:

Now that all boarding passes are generated electronically the location you check in from makes no difference....the first 30 to 40 people to check in from any location get A's then the next 40 or so get B's etc....back in the old days when they used plastic boarding cards you could sometimes snag an A from 1 location where another location would be handing out B's or C's at the same time....but no more.

The good news is less than 15% of passengers check in electronically from non-airport locations....and 33% of those boarding passes are A's....so you can still get A passes with an early airport arrival.

We were flagged too. We could not check our luggage at WL to go home. Continental airlines. 2 adults, 4 kids, all the associated baggage plus car seat and stroller. Had to drag all our bags to the luggage check ourselves. I was a real pain, but it's just the way it is! I was bummed, because we purposely booked an airline that participated in the resort checkin. But oh well! I would advise just getting to the airport early. That way, you can get A or B boarding pass. If you get B, just sit in line and have a snack or something!... I always do that.

Beth

Mickey---
I tried last night to check in with SW and we were not able to either. I don't know if it has something to do with my DH being Jim Smith or if it is just that we are traveling with our DD5...even though we bought here an adult ticket. I even called SW and they didn't know what "flagged" us either. :confused3

Back in November 2004 it was just me and DH and I tried to check us in online the night before and it wouldn't let me, then I tried it again, and it did???? I just hit the back button on the computer. Not sure if this will make a difference or not???

You might want to try checking in again, just yourself this time. Ideally, you'll get an A boarding pass and can save a seat for your husband.

This happened to us in April. I called SW, and they said we were flagged, but couldnt tell us why. We got to the airport 2 hours early, and tried to give our luggage to the sky cap. He checked our confirmations, and said, they need to see you inside! When we checked in at the desk, there were no problems, or additional security. Coming home, we tried to have WL print our boaring passes. Again, they couldnt do it. We got to the airport, and we were told 2 of us were "flagged". I asked what that meant and she gave me a phone # to call when we got home. However, again, we had no additional security to go through. Very strange...we never had a problem before, but like a previous poster, we have a very common last name...We are a family of 4 who only travel to Disney each year..not very high risk if you ask me. We will see what happens when we fly Delta next month

For future reference, if this happens you might try varying the name on the reservation next time you fly. It still needs to match your ID, but you can try adding a middle initial or spelling out a middle name. Sometimes it is enough of a difference that the automatic list check against the no-fly list won't be triggered.

I had this happen to me in June on SPIRIT. I couldn't check in online and had a message to check in at the counter. Sure enough I had me a SSS code on my boarding pass which meant I had been randomly selected for a more thorough security check at MCO. NO biggie, the TSA agent was very nice and explained everything Sometimes you just get "lucky".

pinnie

In April I had to make a same day trip to Florida because my mom was ill. She died on my way to the airport. When I got there I was flagged for a more thorough search because of making a one way trip reservation on the same day. The reservationist saw I was upset and she asked why. Well, she walked me past security right up to my plane and gave me a blue pass so I wouldn't have to wait in line. This was such a blessing as I was barely holding it together. Southwest was really kind to me on a very difficult day.

We were flagged because my son's name is one "on the list." They told me to put his nickname down the next time. It was pretty painless. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter