So much down at Animal Kingdom

momandmousefan

Mouseketeer
We're currently at Animal Kingdom and both Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris are down (of course Dinosaur is still down for refurb too) Crazy!

Unfortunate, I was there yesterday and all was in order. Very crowded in many areas, I didn't expect so many people at this time of year. Hope it works out for you!

Everything up and running later. We actually decided to spend the entire day instead of park hopping and by dusk Safari was walk right in and Everest 5 minutes. Took some video of ROL float testing too.

I've been watching wait times at AK in planning for our upcoming trip.... seems like most the crowds show up in the AM and then leave late afternoon. Not sure how RoL and Avatar Land will affect this once they are up and running, but it seems like most folks head to a fireworks park (MK mostly - lines there just keep growing and growing).

We went on the safari at sundown in July and it was the first time we had ever done it that late. We have been going to AK yearly since 1998 and that was the best safari I had every been on!!

The safari has gone down many times because an animal decided to lay down/stand in the middle of the path. We have been on the safari when that happened. There is little they can do other than wait for the animal to decide to move on. I don't know if thats what happened in this instance of course.

We thought so too. Other than a truck breaking down maybe??

It might be that time of year where animals are trying to find mates and getting a little aggressive over territory. I'm actually surprised they don't run into more downtime with how the ride is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter