So Many Disney Things To Do! Oct 2016 PTR UPDATE 10/13 MagicBand Wraps!

When are you going this month? My Food and Wine Tips (in general) are:
  1. Don't try and do it all in one day - there is too much food and wine and beer!:crazy2:
  2. Try and avoid going on a weekend - Saturday are CRAZY with long lines (yes, I'm going on a Saturday on both of my trips unfortunately).
  3. Start at the American pavilion, pick a direction and work your way toward the entrance of World Showcase (most of the people start at the entrance thus the lines are longest there, while the lines in the back of World Showcase tend to be more manageable).
  4. Share with others. Order one of everything (that you're interested in) and then split them! This will help keep the cost down and you'll be able to try more. Go back for seconds of what you really love.
  5. Keep your payment and ID (if you're drinking) easily accessible. Gift cards/Magic Bands/ CC make it easiest to pay and less things to juggle.
  6. Get the Passport - makes a cute (and free) souvenir! Bring a pen and you can jot down your thoughts of what you've tried.
  7. HAVE FUN!!!!!

I'm going in two days- Eek!! Must finish packing! Thanks so much for the tips, working back from America is a great tip. I usually start at Canada, but maybe doing two trips starting at the back will be the key :)

Can't wait to hear more from your trip. Love the bag and definitely can see some hidden mickeys there :)

Shauna

I'm going in two days- Eek!! Must finish packing! Thanks so much for the tips, working back from America is a great tip. I usually start at Canada, but maybe doing two trips starting at the back will be the key :)

Can't wait to hear more from your trip. Love the bag and definitely can see some hidden mickeys there :)

Shauna

So you leave tomorrow?! How exciting! Are you having a case of the "I'm too excited to sleep?" cause I have those and I don't leave until Friday! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

My Disney trip is only 3 days away!!!! And I'm too excited to sleep!

That or it was just too hot in my house last night to fall asleep. Mother Nature has blessed the Cincinnati area with cooler weather so we've opened our windows. Yet it is hotter than blue-blazes in our house for some reason. Which lead me to check on Disney Weather.
Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 9.43.41 AM.png

Ya'all I need a poncho. Wondering if Disney won't mind me wearing my bathing suit while I stand in line for food at F&W.... I'm guessing they will.

I've also already checked-in for our trip. Requested a full balcony on an upper floor. Fingers crossed I get it.

I also learned that BWI is having some painting project and Disney's solution is telling guests to just keep their blinds closed. Hoping that is over by the time we arrive.

I'll be back with my carry-on packing!

So I leave tomorrow!!! Tomorrow afternoon I'll be passing under these gorgeous gates!
q0fz6.jpeg
(no clue why that picture is so big, I've resized it about 30 times and it is still just huge)

But first a Sophie update: We went to her cardiologist yesterday for our regular monthly appointment to make sure her medicines are working - keeping fluid off of her lungs and heart and out of her lungs. Also making sure her kidneys work properly with all the medicine. And her doctor gave her an A+ (all things considering) and we don't have to go back for another 3 months!!!!!!! I cried I was happy to hear the news. I've been giving her heart-based supplements and I think they are working. Fingers crossed my girl has more than a year left in her!
IMG_5405.jpg
Back to Disney

I LEAVE TOMORROW! As I said before, my friend took my suitcase down for me - since they are picking me up from the airport before we head to Disney. It was nice of them to offer that and let me save some money! (Dang carryon fees with the budget airlines)! I am debating purchasing a seat near the front of the plane so I can get to Disney faster..

My friend's daughter will be joining us so I made her a cute little Disney bag to help keep her entertained. I of course didn't take pictures ... sorry. but It is a cute drawstring bag filled with candy, snacks, light up bracelets and wands I found at the Dollar Spot at Target, some Disney card games and coloring books. I already know the candy will be her favorite part. I added a cute Disney ball I found for super cheap at the Disney outlet:
jGGnK.jpeg

I also threw in my gym shoes, my Kindle for some inflight entertainment (I am that adult that watches Disney movies on the plane), will pack my makeup, some flip flops and my PONCHO! And I'm ready to go to Florida!! I also packed the awesome Drink Around the World cards I got made!

For this weekend, mini-trip I'll be staying at BWI.
WfXTl.jpeg
I like that you can walk to Epcot - which is great with Food & Wine and all the rain they are supposed to have this weekend... I stayed here in 2014 and I didn't fall in love (like I love the BC) so hoping this trip is better. But I've also heard from people currently staying there that there is some serious construction going on - hammering, crane lifts, and Disney telling guests to close their blinds for privacy. Which won't go over well when the baby needs her afternoon nap. Fingers crossed they don't work on weekends!

I'll be visiting Epcot mainly for Food & Wine on Friday night, Saturday all day. Sunday I'll be at Magic Kingdom until they close for the party then heading to DAK to see the Tree of Life all pretty.

I'm going to try and update this while I'm live but I normally can't get my iPhone pictures to post - any tips are greatly appreciated! Tips = pictures of Disney! Win, win!

I'm following along! (and I also love exclamation points) I'm so glad you got good news about Sophie. She is adorable. We have tons of animals and it just kills me when any of them are ill. Even the duck who was limping unexplainably.

We are going to the BWV 11/27-12/4, just my DH and I on a 4 year belated honeymoon. He's never been and I haven't been in a loooong time. Trip reports are awesome reading for me right now. :)

I'm following along! (and I also love exclamation points) I'm so glad you got good news about Sophie. She is adorable. We have tons of animals and it just kills me when any of them are ill. Even the duck who was limping unexplainably.

We are going to the BWV 11/27-12/4, just my DH and I on a 4 year belated honeymoon. He's never been and I haven't been in a loooong time. Trip reports are awesome reading for me right now. :)

Thanks for following along!:welcome: Aw poor Duck! I love all animals and it hurts my heart so much when they are sick or injured :sad:
Happy Belated Honeymoon! Be sure Disney knows and hopefully you guys will get some Disney magic! pixiedust:

My Trip Report for my Mini-Weekend Trip!

So Friday morning my plan was to wake up early, have some coffee and breakfast with DBf have ample of time to get to the airport and ya know, just have a relaxing morning.

Wrong.

I slept in (thanks for setting the alarm on the wrong day on my phone) and scrambled all morning while I got ready. I finished getting ready and packed up my makeup in my ‘personal bag’ - which is really the size of a small suitcase – along with 2 dresses I decided to bring last minute. DBf handed me my coffee while I headed out the door for my mom to pick me up to take me to the airport. DBf was supposed to take me but he had an eye doctor appointment around the same time so momma took me.

I got to the airport just to be delayed. The storms in Florida prevented the planes from going back in forth in a timely manner because they kept having to close the runways down due to the treat of lightening. By the time I got to WDWit was almost 6PM!!! AHHH. Just in time to get this gorgeous shot of the gates while the sun was right behind it…

kIznv.jpeg

Finally got to the BoardWalk Inn to check-in!
49X3b.jpeg

I love the entrance way to this lobby. It feels so grand and regal.
iy4mQ.jpeg
Only to realize that my MagicBand was in my SUITCASE. Total fail. I asked the CM checking us in that I needed an actual key, I was unable to get to my MagicBand – it was somewhere in my suitcase that was already with Luggage Services. Nope. She wanted me to go get my suitcase from them and dig my Band out in the lobby/hallway/elevator/somewhere. She would not give me a Key. She kept telling me that she could see my bands on her screen – yes I know it is here, just not on me. Eventually a manager came over and promptly cut me a key after the CM told her that she thought I should unpack my Band out of my suitcase in front of the BWI guests… Many thanks to the manager for not making me unpack in the lobby. The manager even gave my niece a Minnie Mouse figure!

We were given a room with the most gorgeous view!! I booked a Standard View and was upgraded to Garden view! This is room 5300 and it had an amazing view of the backside of Epcot!!
UEzkb.jpeg

Here is the rest of the room.
0e487.jpeg

Our TV was on when we got in which I thought was a little odd.
h7fd5.jpeg

(My pictures are huge and I've resized them so many times...)
I love the details in the rooms here. This pillow that was on the bed for about all of 10 minutes before the niece carried them around the room.
G6yDH.jpeg

The bathroom's shower curtain was adorable

TMJj7.jpeg
The artwork around the room! Most resort walls are full of nonsense. Not at Disney. Here are some postcards from some Pals!
9tSIS.jpeg

Once we were in the room and unpacked we headed off for Epcot! It was Food and Wine after-all!

Up Next: Epcot on Friday Night

Friday Night: Epcot!

Not to start this part of the TR on a negative note but as soon as we left for Epcot I found the first thing I didn't like about the BWI, if you cannot do stairs - you have to take 2 elevators to get down to the bottom floor. Some might find this to be a cute quirk of the hotel but when I was tired from the heat and just wanted some A/C, I found it to be annoying. Anywhoo.... after our two elevator rides we walked out the doors and instantly greeted with crazy Florida humidity and heat! I was immediately sweating - cause I'm a sweaty person, sorry if that is TMI, and that seemed to be the theme of the weekend. :rolleyes1

When we got to the IG Gateway it was busy. And it was busy all weekend. I think it is because the security team is making everyone go through the metal detectors (which is totally a-okay with me, I prefer that actually) but there is only one so I think that is seriously slowing things down.
IMG_5439_zpszfsz67ql.jpg
IMG_5439_zpszfsz67ql.jpg

Once we got in I noticed the big International Food and Wine Festival sign (sponsored by Chase of course). And it feels a little lack luster to me. What do you think?
IMG_5443.jpg

We stopped in France for a slush, tradition for us, and I have no photos because as soon as I got my slush - it was liquid. Just like I was. :rotfl2:

So instead of dealing with the heat and humidity like a grown, mature adult - I asked if we could kindly go sit in some A/C until the sun went all the way down and the humidity backed off a bit. So naturally we went here.
IMG_5444.jpg
Once I got my San Angel Inn margarita, a water and some chips in me we ventured back outside for FROZEN!! We were lucky enough to get FastPasses and I am so bummed I didn't get any for my October trip! Seriously regretting that decision.:sad2: First we stopped in the store right outside the Anna & Elsa meet and greet - loads of Frozen things. The niece wanted all the Olafs...
IMG_5449.jpg
and we found these cute Anna & Elsa hats that are reversible.
IMG_5452.jpg

We then headed to the ride. The FastPass line was long!

IMG_5457.jpg
But the theming of the queue was really cute and gave just enough to for my niece to look at that she didn't have a melt down! Here are some sneak peak pics for you guys!
IMG_5460.jpg

Good news: it is still a water ride and you will get wet - if you're sitting on the left hand side of the boat.
IMG_5463.jpg IMG_5467.jpg IMG_5470.jpg

So I've ran out of picture so up next will be the Frozen ride!

Attachments

• IMG_5465.jpg
    IMG_5465.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1
Alright, where was I - yes about to get on the magical Frozen ride - Frozen Ever After!

Well, we got to here:
IMG_5476.jpg
We could her Wondering Oaken talking to us about safety and low and behold the dang ride shut down! So we waiting in hopes it would be a short fix. After a while we starting hearing bangs - it was the IllumiNations fireworks going off. We talked and said we would wait since none of us had done it. Well the Cast Members decided it wasn't going to be opening and told everyone to leave. Insert sad face.

Double sad: we saw one firework of the IllumiNations finale before it was completely over.

IMG_5480.jpg
But the good news: we got FastPasses to use during our stay! (Which stinks for families if that was their last night..) So we said night to Epcot and headed back to the BoardWalk.

Which was still pretty even in the horrid heat and humidity that was still present at that hour...
IMG_5484.jpg
So we headed to bed to hit up Epcot in the morning! We were going to Soar for the first time since the new movie came out!

So that is what we did! Epcot ball in all her daylight glory!
IMG_5502.jpg

And then we headed straight for our FastPass: Soarin!
IMG_5497.jpg

There were new games that we didn't get to play since we were in the FastPass line but new is good! And then we got down to where there are now 3 screens. They lead us into concourse A! IMG_5499.jpg
Which took forever. For the FastPass line I felt like when we got to this point we waited about 40 minutes. According to my clock we did wait 40 minutes but that also included the ride. Not sure what took so long!
IMG_5500.jpg

I won't give any spoilers but all I will say is I'm not sold. I'll have to ride it again - in 25 days!!! - to give my full opinion on it.

Up Next: Will we ever get on Frozen!?

Attachments

• IMG_5476.jpg
    IMG_5476.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1
So I'm trying to rush this TR along because I have PTR for my BIG TRIP!! Which as of today is only 23 days away!!!!:yay:

Back to the TR :)

It was still early Saturday morning, just got off Soarin' but we needed a snack so we grabbed a snack at Sunshine Seasons. I love the quality of food and the variety of food that you can get here! And did you know you can get a side of noodles and a side of rice from the Asian station for just $4 each?! And they give you a small plate that is filled to the brim of food. Such a great bargain! (TR fail - too hungry to get a picture before we finished it all...)

After our snack, we went and visited what was my niece's favorite ride the last time we were there: Journey into Imagination.
IMG_5513.jpg
However this was a total fail as is scared the be-jeez out of her this time. :sad: Sorry sweetie. So after that we decided to go use our Frozen FastPasses!
IMG_5518.jpg
And the ride worked!!! It was so magical! I'm in love with it. :love: I won't give any spoilers but oh-my was it magical. Here is a little teaser shot though!
IMG_5520.jpg
After Frozen we declared it was time to do some Food and Wine events. :drinking1So we headed over to the Craft Beer Booth/House/Building. This was a nice stop because it was inside and we found a nice spot that the niece could run, jump, play and be a kid. I got a flight of beer. This year ALL the flights through out Food and Wine only consist of 3 small beers. Which was annoying. And when I say all the flights - there are only 2 flights offered and they are both at the Craft Beer Building. I know Food and Wine can get a little rowdy at times but I really enjoy being able to sample different beers so I was disappointed in the lack of flights.
IMG_5522.jpg
I got Flight 1 - as it says above - and I really enjoyed the Weiss and the Wheat Ale. The Triple Ale was a little to beer-y for me. We also tried the pig wings - and they were so good! So good we went back for more on Sunday!
IMG_5523.jpg
After we had our drinks and the niece got her runs, jumps and plays in. We headed back outside and went to the first booth we found. Mexico!!
IMG_5527.jpg
This food booth is a staple at the Festival and a staple on our 'must-do' list for every year. We both got the shrimp tacos and the pineapple margarita.
IMG_5528.jpg
And we found our first Food and Wine fail. The pineapple margarita. It tasted so fake... and plastic like. Terrible. Plus even with all the ice it tasted warm. :confused3This one we didn't finish at all at was a waste of $10 for each margarita. When I go back in October I'll get the sangria or the jalapeno marg.

After that disaster we decided to walk around the bit and see what the entrance into World Showcase looks like - we hadn't gotten to see it yet since we always came in from the International Gateway which was lacking in the impressiveness with the sad sign.IMG_5535.jpg
We found Mickey barbecuing! I'll have what he is having! We decided to keep our adventures to out of the Showcase and stumbled upon the Greenhouse Guru booth.
IMG_5534.jpg

Lots of vegetarian friendly options. We ordered the gazpacho soup and the tomato salad.
IMG_5533.jpg
We found a shady table that we shared with 3 other couples to try our samples. I liked the soup but it wasn't cold (it was simply too hot to keep anything cold) and the tomato salad wasn't bad but would have been excellent if they threw a leafy green in with it.

At this point in the day it was well after noon and it was HOT. While there were a lot more tables this year (didn't have to eat off of a garbage can once); there were little to no tables in the shade - unless a prior table-resident had carried it into the shade. It had also gotten to the point where it was so hot I didn't want to eat or drink anything. So we (and when I said we, I think mostly me..) decided to head back to the hotel to visit the pool and nap.

I swear walking back to BWI I had a heat stroke. I passed out as soon as I hit the bed and when I woke up I was severely dehydrated and felt like I was hungover (which I wasn't after 3 baby beers and 2 sips of plastic margarita). It was also storming out when I woke up which I was glad for - meant I could stay and relax a little longer. I drank some Gatorades and lots of water, showered and got ready to go back once I was feeling better!

Up Next: More Food and Wine! (I've ran out of pictures I can post!)

So we headed back to Epcot after I had recovered and in typical Saturday night fashion, the World Showcase was crazy crowded. I wasn't in the mood to snap pictures of the food and I got pictures of the food booths during the day... So I'll recap here really fast!

France: Too hot to eat (they have soup, escargots and boeuf bourguignon which I love but these are all foods I can't eat when it is 98°). We split the La Passion martini Slush. Holy cow that was amazing. Delicious and the passion fruit flavor is wonderful!
Hops and Barley Booth: Got a lobster roll here. Which was wonderful! After just being in Boston, I was craving one. Light on the mayo, heavy on the lobster in a yummy bun. Very good.
Poland: The kielbasa and pierogi are always a must do for us and as usual it didn't disappoint.
Germany: The Nudel is always a must get! So so good. I did get a picture of my grapefruit beer that I got at the cart - hence why it is a full sized beer.

IMG_5538.jpg

Africa: The buttered chicken was reported to be delicious - I was once again, to hot to eat...
We took another break to ride Frozen - again!!! We got another FastPass for it and lucked out. Note: truly is a water ride when you fill the entire boat with adults! lol. They also snap your picture on it:
IMG_5681.jpg

After that we thought we could hang out with Donald in Mexico on his ride. Wrong. The line was insanely long for the ride it is. I blame the heat and people not wanting to be outside. So we went back outside. LOL

We continued our eating around the "Word":
Farm Fresh: I tried the Elderberry Cider. This was so refreshing. It wasn't too sweet like most ciders. Very good. And the loaded mac n cheese was out of this world good. However, the niece thought it was too spicy. Sorry hunny... (I made her cry twice today at this point).

Hawaii: The pork slider is alway a must-do. I think in October I'll try the poke.

Patagonia: I tried the empanada. We all tried it. We should have split one. The crust was flaky and wonderful. The filling was not.

Canada: the Le Cellier steak of course. and I had the cheddar soup. I don't know why - well I do, it is delicious. But it was to hot for that. I will say it made me super excited for the surprise meal I have planned here for DBf's birthday! Also glad we ended our sampling on a high note.

At this point it was getting close to IllumiNations time but we had to do one more thing before the nightcap.

I love, love the movie in France. The sights, the music. Simply wonderful.
IMG_5545.jpg
Then it was time for the nightcap: IllumiNations!
IMG_5549.jpg

How crazy was the moon that night? Still so bright even in a fireworks picture!

Up next: Magic Kingdom day! and the last day of my mini-trip.

Last Day of My Mini-Weekend September trip:

We woke up at BWI and packed up the room and then the car. However, we wanted to walk through Epcot and ride the monorail over to MK because no trip is complete without a monorail ride! Stopped at Starbucks and got one of the pretty cups (and a coffee).
IMG_5592.jpg
Saw the entrance signage for the Food and Wine festival! I thought the signs were really cute!

IMG_5594.jpg
Then we headed out an got picked up by the lime green monorail!
IMG_5598.jpg
So looking through my pictures, I thought we got a lot done at MK before i had to leave for the airport - not so much!

We got through security - not everyone had to go through the metal detectors at MK, unlike the International Gateway entrance at Epcot. We headed inside and just kind of hung out snapping pictures. Saw Stitch :)
IMG_5604.jpg
And Ichabod was out to photobomb everyone's castle pictures.....
IMG_5606.jpg
Then we headed to our FastPasses at Splash! And this is the only picture I took....

After, we got stuck in the Festival of Fantasy Parade. Which was the first time I ever saw it! Pretty cool, better if it was at night and had some lights... (I might be a little bitter and sad that last night was the last showing of MSEP. I just don't understand why they are taking it away and replacing it with NOTHING. Why Disney why.). However, the performers in the parade, the creepy stick people with the Dragon, were completely oblivious to the fact a little girl right in front of us was loosing her mind over then she was so scared. They kept coming up to her and getting in her face and finally mom started yelling at them and shielded her from them. How traumatic! I felt so bad for her. But then there was Minnie and everything was okay!
IMG_5620.jpg
After the parade we went and rode Buzz that we had a FastPass for. No pictures - I was busy trying to get a really, really terrible score. I should tell people I didn't try (in reality I was trying so hard!!). I need tips on how to get the super score!

Then we rode the People Mover. No pictures, I took a video... Poor Tom's party is still waiting for him :)

And then it was time to go! We sadly left and I got a plane headed for home.

But now it is time to update ya'all on my Big Trip's plans! Only 17 days away until I'm back 'home'!!

Trip Planning Report!!!!

So I only have 2 WEEKS UNTIL DISNEY!!!!!

Last week we got our Magic Bands in the mail!! I got some MagicBand wraps and fancied them up a little bit for us! Mine has a little Ariel look-a-like on it and some scales for her tail. And Chris got his loaded up with the Dark Side (much to my dismay...) but he kept saying how he wanted a black MagicBand. Well they don't offer black so I got some almost black wraps and now his is almost black. lol
IMG_5732.jpg
I also got these wraps fro everyone else in our party as well! I'll have to update with pictures when they get their gift bags though.

I also ordered some at-home Disney scents from the Etsy seller Magical Scents. She was awesome - my order shipped in less than an hour after buying them! I am going to keep two and give the others to my mom and sister. Chris wants the Haunted Estate - which smells more like the burning Rome scene in SSE. The Bakery on Main Street smells like heavenly baked goods. The Mickey's Ice Cream smells of chocolate and Vanilla. And then La Fou's Apple Brew smells like spicy apples. Really fun and such a neat way to have some Disney-at-home.
IMG_5736.jpg

And then I'll be making DBf's Pearl Jam shirt this weekend - thanks to the help of a fellow Dis'er I was able to remove the boarder of the picture and I printed it on a transfer paper to iron on a black t-shirt I got for about $6 at target! I hope he loves it.
IMG_5274.jpg

I also changed our one night stay at All-Star Sports to The Courtyard Marriott in the Marriott Village. Why? Well we got a Free-Night stay Certificate from being Marriott Rewards members and I couldn't pass up free! So for one night (really probably less than 8 hours. Just a place to sleep and shower in the morning before we check-in at the BC!), at the beginning of our trip we will now be staying here:
mcoly_phototour71.jpg

I wasn't really thrilled about the Sports stay - the beds at the Values are less than comfortable. I'm hoping the bed at the Courtyard will be better!

So that is all I have for now!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter