• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So just how much "stuff" do you save?

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
Okay, I am tidying up our attic and I come across two fairly large boxes of Disney stuff. You know, park maps, the welcome home folder, resort maps, vacation magic issues, old guide books and points charts.

How much of this stuff do you save? I think I am going to purge through it and just keep one box.

Karen

I throw it all away unless something is extremely sentimental. The maps and publications become outdated very quickly and I have pictures to remember the trips by.

I seem to save it all and I know someday I will find boxes of it and just toss it.

I save it all. Dont have to say what it is , just save it all and I dont know why either :rotfl2:

I have a file drawer with our DVC stuff in it (handbooks, contracts, etc.). I have packets from each DVC stay so far (only 6) with some maps, guides, our room key, etc. from each year. I think it's interesting to look back at the old maps to see the changes. I have our old tour plans on the computer along with trip reports, so that stuff doesn't really take up any room. If I have to expand to more than one file drawer, I'll probaby re-evaluate and purge.

I save some of the items. I put them in the scrapbooks I make for each trip. Room keys - yes. Park maps - no, Some publications - yes. It just depends.

DW keeps swearing that she's going to take up scrapbooking. We save pretty much everything and are up to two boxes of junk ourselves! :rolleyes1

I save it all...from unused napkins from the restuarants to park maps to receipts, room keys, old APS, park tickets, resort info from check-in, feathers from the Tiki room that have fallen on the floor, MM glitter from my b-days...
You name it, I save it.

I met a woman about 3 years who also loves WDW and she had a decorated box in her LR and she said, "Here, let me show you my box of stuff." It was Disney trash also!!! Some people have the "itis" worse than others!!

I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one that saves so much (maps, napkins, swizzle sticks, etc). However, after spending 1.5 years cleaning out my mom's house after her death, I'm starting to rethink what I save!

I had begun to throw out room keys about 6 months ago, and it's getting easier to let go of other things. I do have a nice collection of "Welcome Home" folders :teeth:

Bobbi

Since I'm Navy and end up moving every 2-2 1/2 years, we tend to stay "light" and not accumulate too much garbage... But I'm keeping those room keys... Paid a lot for those things!

GeorgiaTiggerGirl said:
I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one that saves so much (maps, napkins, swizzle sticks, etc). However, after spending 1.5 years cleaning out my mom's house after her death, I'm starting to rethink what I save!

Carolyn, I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. :sad1:

And I have had a similar thought about my "stuff". But I believe it'd be easier to for me to get rid of other stuff and hold on to my *good* WDW stuff! :teeth:

That wo
I met a woman about 3 years who also loves WDW and she had a decorated box in her LR and she said, "Here, let me show you my box of stuff." It was Disney trash also!!! Some people have the "itis" worse than others!!

:rotfl: Buckalew!!

That would be me in a few years, except Im not that organized! I need to graduate to a box!

I keep everything too. Receipts, menus, Community Hall schedules, if they print it, I keep it!!

I tell Dh Im building a Disboard Reference Library! :rotfl2:

We also save our room keys, expired tickets, and other information from the resorts. Just looking thru them brings back great memories. :thumbsup2

simzac said:
We also save our room keys, expired tickets, and other information from the resorts. Just looking thru them brings back great memories. :thumbsup2
I have all of those too. I have to start a scrapbook and put those in with the pictures.

Oh, man, I thought I was the only one - I have plastic storage boxes that fit under all our beds filled with Disney stuff - and I can't part with it. I think it is interesting to see how things evolve - like rides and shows - and the price of things. I have receipts, Mickey Mouse confetti, pamphlets from the parks, those yellow and red papers you get at the hotel that tell you what is going on and the hours of the parks, all our room keys, etc etc. I just love the stuff - I have the park brochures from the 25th anniversary when they decorated Cinderella's castle like a cake, I love those. We go to MVMCP every year and have pictures taken and they are all on our refrigerator - my how we have changed....Disneyitis, yes, I have it

Buckalew11 said:
I save it all...from unused napkins from the restuarants to park maps to receipts, room keys, old APS, park tickets, resort info from check-in, feathers from the Tiki room that have fallen on the floor, MM glitter from my b-days...
You name it, I save it.

:rotfl: We were just cleaning up DD's room yesterday, and came across an unused napkin and a Mickey Krispie treat wrapper that says 'The Mara' from AKL on it! I have resort keys, receipts, maps, etc., with no explanation in sight! :rotfl2:

I'm so glad the DISboards exist-good to know DD and I aren't crazy, no matter what DH thinks! ;)

Granny said:
DW keeps swearing that she's going to take up scrapbooking. We save pretty much everything and are up to two boxes of junk ourselves! :rolleyes1

Oh yeah!!!!...the old scrap booking excuse. Been there. It has gotten to the point that she can't remember which DVC trip the scrapbooking stockpile goes with.

I figure if we fall on hard times we will be able to go a month or more before we have to start burning the funiture to keep warm!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter