So I've decided to ship ahead, HELP!

Sarah

Thinks growing up is for sissies.
Calling all planners!

We have decided to ship a box ahead for our trip, since we have 4 little ones in our party(18 m,4,5,8) and only 2 adults my SIL and moi.

My problem is that since I need to get this box ready to go my brain has ceased :crazy: and I am at a loss for what to pack. A month ago I had a huge mental list. Now I have a sponge, a swim diaper and an empty box.

Please, help me!

Some of the things we pack ahead:

From the dollar store:

Rain Poncho's
Hand held fans
Cloth shoe rack ( for the backof the bathroom door for everyone personal bathroom items.)
Gift bag for the kids
Floaties for kids at the pool
small toys and coloring books (Disney) for gift bags for kids from Tinkerbell

extra shoes for each child
XL ziplock bags (we put kids outfit separatly makes it easier when there.)
any toys or blankets they have to have
shampoo, soap,
Swim wear, including pool shoes
Extra Medicines any your DF may need.
Snacks
Back packs (small) for kids
Unbrella stroller with shade cover ( it will still be hot and sunny) hopefully :sunny:
Curling iron
Crocs
Back packs or fanny packs
Woolite

From the Disney store:

Thing for children as gift (especial from clearence)
then each nite after leaving park they have some thing special that didn't cost a arm and leg :rotfl2: this help with inpulse buys and they have something Disney.

This is part of our list hope it helps :wave:

:wizard: I hope you and your DF have a wonderful time. :dance3:

You are going to ship all that? Can't a lot of that be carry on such as cclothes and umbrella stroller. I plan to ship .. shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, snax and breakfast foods, deodorant ,sunscreen OTC meds. But I will carryon stroller, clothes extra shoes, swimsuit . I wasn't going to ship ahead for sure till these new restristions came about.

english rose 47 said:
I plan to ship .. shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, snax and breakfast foods, deodorant ,sunscreen OTC meds. till these new QUOTE]

I added paper towels and plates(helpful for snacks/in-room eating), plastic cups, straws, first aid kit. Make sure you take a copy of your tracking info from your shipper, including the name of the person who signed for it. We had a huge problem with our package being lost by the Contemporary.

I'm just shipping when I'll need for bed that night in terms of toiletries and clothes...start a list first thing tomorrow night with all your "night-time" essentials. ME will deliver your luggage soon enough to not have to worry about shipping so much. Toothpaste, shampoo, anything cream or liquid...not only is it great to ship it ahead, but it saves a lot of room in the luggage as I plan to only ship when we'll use and then I won't have to lug it home!

I packed the liquor... :rotfl2: I've always carry on the bottle of champagne, and gran marnier - but with restrictions, I'd rather ship it than put it in my luggage!! I added to that shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, tea bags, peanut butter, packets of jam I got from McDonald's, gorp snack mix, bubble bath, bacon, granola, ...

and shipped it with my arrival date and room ressie confirmation number - UPS was 1/2 of the cost of USPS...

I called the resort and asked if I needed to add anything else - the thought that was fine...

Now I wonder, if that bottle of champagne breaks... do I want to know ahead of time?? (I packed it in bubble wrap, and then a roll of brown paper... but still, until I see my "dry box" I'm gonna wonder... and a quick call to the resort "hello, I'm the paranoid guest coming, could you check to see if you have any 'leaking boxes' delivered today??? :sad2:

Thank you!

You have all jump started my brain! We are staying at OKW and have a kitchen and laundry so I'm trying to ship accordingly.

I'm just trying to save myself grief at the airport since we have our hands full with children to begin with, not to mention the stroller, car seat ect.

This truly is "the information station!"

:thanks:

Bacon?

Ok. I'll bite.

The champagne does'nt burst when the pressurize the cabin?

SpecialK--was your box missing for long? The only time Ive had trouble with that is Xmastime.

:)

eeyore45 said:
I packed the liquor... :rotfl2: I've always carry on the bottle of champagne, and gran marnier - but with restrictions, I'd rather ship it than put it in my luggage!! I added to that shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, tea bags, peanut butter, packets of jam I got from McDonald's, gorp snack mix, bubble bath, bacon, granola, ...

and shipped it with my arrival date and room ressie confirmation number - UPS was 1/2 of the cost of USPS...

I called the resort and asked if I needed to add anything else - the thought that was fine...

Now I wonder, if that bottle of champagne breaks... do I want to know ahead of time?? (I packed it in bubble wrap, and then a roll of brown paper... but still, until I see my "dry box" I'm gonna wonder... and a quick call to the resort "hello, I'm the paranoid guest coming, could you check to see if you have any 'leaking boxes' delivered today??? :sad2:
You might want to put it in a double ziplock bag the XL so the bubble wrap will fix . that way if it brakes you should have a mess. Good Luck. I think we will send a couple of bottles of my favorite Mascato wine (yum)for our celadration Great idea.

Sarah said:
Bacon?

Ok. I'll bite.

The champagne does'nt burst when the pressurize the cabin?

SpecialK--was your box missing for long? The only time Ive had trouble with that is Xmastime.

:)

The box was missing until about midnight on the day we checked in. Not that bad in the grand scheme of things, but what got to me was that no one at the front desk was willing to look for it until I got upset and asked for a manager. My DH was sent on a wild goose chase prior to that. Even with proof of delivery, the CM at the desk said, "I don't know anyone by that name." Turned me off to the CR forever.

No offense but you have to bring most of that list back home don't you? FYI: I have always packed our adult beverages in our suitcases and never had any problems.

You have to bring non-disposable stuff home, but you can ship from the front desk too!

We plan on shipping all our toiletries. Also:
Swim shoes, swim diapers, floaties, diapers, wipes, glow necklaces and bracelets, cereal, snacks, other breakfast items like pop tarts, and bottle water.

Last time we went in May we shipped pretty much the same stuff down using UPS. It only cost us about $15 and I was able to track it and see when it arrived. I printed that info out and took it with me just in case. On the outside of the box I put out ressie # and check in date on all sides along with our resort, the address, and the name the ressie was in. When we left the front desk gave us boxes and packing tape and we shipped our stuff back home. It was so easy that's why we'll be doing it again in Nov!

Keep in mind your villa will have laundry detergant, dish soap, plates, etc, so that's less stuff to pack. You could do a search on the DVC boards and you'll find a full list of what the villas include.

Coming back I can pack in checked luggage so not planning to ship anything back . Any food that can't come on the plane I'm tossing!!Bacon !That threw me too!!

Oh believe you me---I dont plan on carting the majority of what I've shipped down, back. I'm trying to ship the more disposable things, then ship back all that which I have accumulated. :thumbsup2

Good idea about checking the inventory of the villa though--this will be the first time we stay in one, I am used to bringing my little dish soap and sponge. It seems that I havent been to WDW in 7 years that I have'nt had baby bottles or sippy cups with me!

I also plan on decorating my box a bit, so that it is easily recognized.

I'll do that in all of my free time :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter