• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Indecisive!

Cloudboy

Mouseketeer
Trying to figure out where to stay on my next trip (a week and a half away). Down to either the Embassy suites, Vistana Villages (I Drive), or Hilton Grand vacation I Drive. Have done the Seaworld location, and want one that is different.

Been to the embassy before, but remember it being quite noisy. Like the look of the Vistana, but noticed no Non-smoking rooms. Didn't even know they could still not offer them this day and age! The other problem is that both the Vistana and Grand Vacations club are a bit difficult to get to. I am single and won't be spending all my time at the parks. I want some kind of kitchen so I can head up to Whole Foods or Fresh Market for breakfast stuff and cheese and snacks.

I haven't stayed at either, but I'm going to bump this back up for you so you can get some help. :)

Have you considered Residence Inn, they have two properties in Orlando and you will have a kitchen. Homewood Suites also has kitchens and I believe they have one on I drive. Try www.tripadviser.com scroll down to Orlando and you will find hotels with reviews. It's a very good site.

We stayed at the Vistana two years ago, and were very happy with the unit and the location.

I think that either Vistana Villages or HGVC SeaWorld would make good choices. Of the two, We've stayed at the HGVC and liked it very much - actually a good location close to SeaWorld and an entrance/exit to I-4. But I'd take the Vistana Villages as the resort is relatively new (they're still building new sections, I believe). VV is located along International Drive and is a very easy drive to Disney property (turn left out of the resort and follow I-Drive to the intersection with SR 535, go straight and continue onto Disney propety). We're non-smokers and we've stayed at the related Vistana Resort in Orlando and a related Sheraton timeshare resort in Myrtle Beach and have never had any issues with our villas smelling like tobacco smoke.

Dick Taylor

I have stayed at Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World several times. For a single person it is a good place. My points are with Hilton so that helps quite a bit. And it is very easy to get to, since it is right off the exit - you can pick up Turkey Lake Road right there and get everywhere you need fast. So I wanted something different this time.

I ended up choosing the Vistana Villages. I wanted someplace that is nice to walk around, plus the price was right. I am using the extra I saved to get two nights at Wilderness Lodge. The smoking bit has me a bit worried but hopefully that won't be an issue. The free wireless also helps!

I am waiting to see how the Grand Vacations Club on Turkey Lake road turns out to be like. The other one I came across is the Mona Lisa, which I probably would have chosen if it wasn't smack dab in the middle of the highways and on the other side of 192.

Bonnet Creek is ON Disney property and close to 535 and palm parkway which takes you in a straight shot to Universal/Seaworld area in less than 15 minutes. It could be a viable option for you.

the HGVC ID is located behind premium outlets mall - this is fairly big mall - it is across the street from the strip mall with Publix in it - there is also a MacDonald really close.

the VV is not to far from it - across the street and to the left a bit.

both are okay locations.

Would pick HGVC just because you can walk to Publix and the outlet mall.

although there have been complaints about being to close to the outlet mall - so although you want near it - not to near it.

this is the mall
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?ID=17

now if you can pick bonnett creek would - it is definitely closer to WDW (in the middle but not on property) of course it has the same disadvanteagous that VV has.

you would need a car to go shopping and get groceries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter