So, if I don't book any FP, will I actually get to see/ride anything at MK?

SandraLee

DIS Veteran
Really, the only thing at DD16 cares about is seeing Fantasyland and Gaston / Princesses that are there. We've seen enough Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion in the past.

We have ADR at BOG, but after reading all the research, I'm wondering what our experience will be without any FP.

Thoughts?

oh, and we are going in the middle of July with an 8:00 park opening time.

Strongly suggest you be there before rope drop. Then you can do everything you want. Should make Anna/Elsa and/or 7DMT your first priority.

Sure. Just use the stand by lines. You'll likely do less but you'll do something. Though why not book some, even if you do it at the park?

Totally do-able! As long as you're there 30-45 minutes before rope drop, you should be able to get a large amount of things done in the morning :) That being said, FP is free and can't really hurt you. Unlike ADR's, there is absolutely no penalty for not using the FP times you've booked. You can always get some decent FP's the morning of, if you change your mind.

I actually don't think FP is really needed at MK for anything but the mountains or A&E meet and greet (Rapunzel and Cinderella can get pretty long during the day, too).

We've never not done something just because we couldn't get a FP for it. You just have to put up with a longer wait.

Although why would you not book any FP? Even same day FPs will at least be some help.

Yes.

Now the question is now quickly you wish to do it.

Personally--I would try to obtain fast passes for the 3 things I would want to do. (You have to book 3, so if ther is only 1 or 2 things you want, the system will just pick a second or third.)

This will help mitigate waits. Storytime with belle is a good choice and still try for mine train. You can likely get the other princesses at the hall for the 2nd FP and attempt for mine train or A and E for the third.

Anticipate that if you do not have fast passes for mine train or A and E that those will be the longest waits aside from Peter Pan. Everything else is managable and FP+ likely attainable. No need to wait in a line when you don't have to.

I'm such a newbie to this process! I guess I should buy my tickets online. Once I do that, I can book the fast pass? Would anything be left? We are going July 13.

Is there a way to see what is available?

We went to MK on a very busy day in December, and used a total of 6 FPs. But we also rode w/o a FP: PP(2x), IASW, Pooh (2x), Dumbo, Barnstormer (2x), Speedway, SM, Buzz, TTA, AO, BTMRR, HoP, CBJ, and the Magic Carpets. And maybe a couple of others I'm forgetting.

W/o any FPs, you'll wait in line longer and ultimately ride less, but if you are okay with that, then they are not necessary. Though as others have said, why not get some just in case??? Even if you don't use them there is no penalty.

If you really don't want FPs, I would definitly get there at RD to maximize your time.

I'm such a newbie to this process! I guess I should buy my tickets online. Once I do that, I can book the fast pass? Would anything be left? We are going July 13.

Is there a way to see what is available?

The only things I'm not seeing available on 7/13 are A&E, 7DMT, PoC, and FoF. Didn't look far enough to see what times, but you should be able to get something anyway!

Of course you'll be able to see and do at the Magic Kingdom. You will just have to wait in line. If you're not super worried about the popular rides and attractions (mountains, mine train and Elsa and Anna) you should have few problems being able to do SOMETHING and those things are still availabe to do if you're willing to wait.

Yes you can go without FP, but you are giving up a free advantage.

IMO If you have enough time to spend posting on the Dis some of it should be used to book some FPs. There is no penalty for not using them. They are better to have and not need than need and not have!

If you want an alternate strategy, late night can be the best time of day for short lines.

We were in MK on Monday night (June 1), arriving at about 8:30 pm. Here's what we were able to accomplish (in order) between 8:30 and midnight with no FP+

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash Mtn
Big Thunder
Haunted Mansion
7 Dwarfs (5 minute wait right after Wishes). Posted wait was 65 minutes.
Pooh
Teacups
Speedway
Space Mtn 4x in just over 30 minutes.

I believe that our longest wait was for Pirates at about 15 minutes.

I'll go ahead and purchase my tickets online and try and get some fast passes. Our primary goal is seeing Princesses.

Thanks for the help!

I'll go ahead and purchase my tickets online and try and get some fast passes. Our primary goal is seeing Princesses.

Thanks for the help!

If your primary goal is to see princesses, you can get FPs to see Cinderella and Ariel. If you want to see Anna and Elsa, the FPs for that will be gone already, so your best bet to avoid a really long line would be to get to the park no later than 7:30 for the 8 AM opening and follow the crowd there when the park opens.

Other princesses like Tiana and Merida do not offer FPs and you'll have to do some waiting to see them. Same for Gaston, who is very popular. You will want to check the schedules to see when those characters are available because they are not out continuously and lines start to form before their scheduled appearances.

But, the bortom line answer to your original question is that, yes, you can do a lot without FPs, especially if you are willing and able to get to the park at opening.

Oh! Since your DD is 16, assuming she's comfortable with staying up late, you can always visit Anna and Elsa 30 min - 1 hr before park closing. You'll catch small waits then :)

Yes to your question - although it's possible to get more than 3 FP's, I didn't, so let's say you skipped those 3 rides due to long lines, I still filled 9-11 hours doing attractions in MK on things without FP's.

Do purchase your tickets online as soon as you can, then book some Fastpasses. As others have said - if you end up using them, you'll have done yourself a favor; if they don't work out once you get there, no big deal to skip them.

Try looking at this link for a great list of suggested priorities - attractions where a FP would save you the most potential waiting, as compared to a ride where the wait is usually not bad anyway.

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II You'll get an excellent lesson just from the first post - you don't have to read all 200+ pages ;)

So..... I finally got my tickets and requested the fast passes. I'm amazed I can get Belle and Cinderella! but, I want Wishes for my 3rd.... It won't give me a choice of having the princess FP in the morning and the FP for Wishes at night. how do I do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter