So, I stayed up til midnite.... FP+ question

Cackyschmackers

DIS Veteran
So, I stayed up til midnite last night to make the 30-day mark for our FP+s for our trip beginning Oct 2. I got 2 of 3 (no 7DMT for us :worried: ). We got PPF, Princess Meet at FH, and SM. Anyhow, this morning and afternoon, when I went onto MDX, I noticed I could choose from many different times to change the time of each of our 5 FP+s. Does this mean I really didn't have to stay up til midnite last night? Bc we are staying off property, I'll need to stay up tonite as well as tomorrow night (and I'm tired!! :-) ). Does the good availability of all those times I have the option to change our FP+ to mean they are plentiful during the daytime/morning of 30-day mark? Tonite I need to do AK and want KS, EE, and Dinosaur. Wondering if I should just get my beauty sleep and wait til tomorrow??

Can't you book for your entire stay on the first day of your window? Does that only apply to onsite?!?

AK you should be fine to book in the morning, as long as you are flexible about the times you get.

Also, keep checking for 7DMT. Split your party up and look for 2 or 3 people at a time, you may be able to get overlapping times that way.

[/QUOTE]Also, keep checking for 7DMT. Split your party up and look for 2 or 3 people at a time, you may be able to get overlapping times that way.[/QUOTE]

How would I do that? You mean in the future or I can do that for already confirmed FP+s?

Last edited:
If you don't get the mine train, just stay in the MK up until close, get in line about 15 minutes before they close. It will state a 70 minute wait, buy will be around a 10-15 minute wait. No joke.

How would I do that? You mean in the future or I can do that for already confirmed FP+s?

You go into the Update selections. Choose a new time (farthest away from the one you want) and uncheck the boxes for some of your party then press update. This will split your party into two parties for the same experience. From there search for overlapping times.

When you go in to book FPs you can check everyone or select them one at a time. If you are trying to book for 5 people and there are only 4 available for a certain slot it will appear as though there are none. If you book for 3 people then 2 you might be able to book all 5 in two different overlapping time slots.

You can change any time for your FP once you get them-- go into modify to better times to suit you

You can change any time for your FP once you get them-- go into modify to better times to suit you

I don't mean *can* I change them, I was just surprised by the vast availability. ... Does this mean I didn't need to stay up? Or once you get them, you always have a ton of times? Sorry if this is a silly question

I don't mean *can* I change them, I was just surprised by the vast availability. ... Does this mean I didn't need to stay up? Or once you get them, you always have a ton of times? Sorry if this is a silly question

If you wanted best availability--or often any availability at all--for the Anna/Elsa M&G then yes, you were smart to do it at midnight. For most anything else, including Pan and either "SM" (is that Space or Splash?), then you didn't "need" to.

If you wanted best availability--or often any availability at all--for the Anna/Elsa M&G then yes, you were smart to do it at midnight. For most anything else, including Pan and either "SM" (is that Space or Splash?), then you didn't "need" to.

Oh, wow. Thank you, i didn't know. This is helpful. And "Space". So for my AK plans, you don't think I need to stay up tonight? We are only going to be in AK from RD until lunchtime.

Oh, wow. Thank you, i didn't know. This is helpful. And "Space". So for my AK plans, you don't think I need to stay up tonight? We are only going to be in AK from RD until lunchtime.

At 60 days (or even 30), probably not necessary.

Also, you may find the green link in my signature helpful. At the moment, it doesn't include availability info to this degree (it's more general) but Part III will.

Most atractions have next day availability. The times may not work for some touring plans. Some attractions have no availability 60 days out.

We stayed up on our 60 day mark, but that was 11 PM for us. It was worthwhile since we park hop. We had specific times planned. I think the most we were off was 15 minutes for Mission Space.

If you're flexible, you probably can go to bed early. A&E and the parades will already be gone at 30 day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter