So i need 1 more sit down meal

akayf

Mouseketeer
We need 1 more ADR for arrival day. We are planning on either going to Downtown Disney or resort exploring. It will be a sat night so I'm worried if downtown is going to be busy. So far we have ADRs for

Breakfast at crystal palace
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Dinner at BOG
dinner at Ohana
Lunch at Yak and Yeti
Debating between plaza or LTT for lunch on one of our MK days.

We will be paying OOP for this first meal since we will staying off site(taking the auto train and plan on staying off site somewhere cheap that night since we are going to be too tired to hit the parks and I can't justify the expense of another night at the Contemporary plus another night if dining plan)

I would love to try Boma and explore AKL. Or eat at Kona and then see the Wishes from the beach. Or the kids would love Trex. Too many choices!

Kona would be easier to get to since you are coming from MK

Boma however will give you a chance to explore AKL plus you have more food choices.

My vote only because you are already planning a visit to Poly is BOMA!!

I'm not seeing the the OP is coming from MK?

After seeing your adrs, but before reading you were considering AKL, I was going to chime in with Sanaa! Love this restaurant, if the menu looks good to your family. We did an arrival evening visit here and it was great. Even better if it is still light out since you'll be able to see the savannah through the windows, depending on your table. As a bonus, after dinner, you could wander over to the Mara and get some Zebra Domes for dessert!

We are staying off site for one night then moving to the Contemporary. The plan is take the auto train fri, arrive in Orlando on sat, stay some place cheap for a night so we have a day to rest up from traveling. Then Sunday am, check into CR and then we'll have the dining plan. We will be paying out of pocket for our meal on Sat night. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

If you are going to DTD, the Irish restaurant or Portabello is really good! Also, if you see the Taco truck, try them! They are usually parked over by Bongos before it gets too busy

If you like Seafood--Cape May Café dinner Clam Bake Buffet is good--and you could explore all of the resorts in that area and check out some evening fun on the Boardwalk.
Or noticing the ages of your kids---Rainforest Café (outside of Animal Kingdom to avoid DTD crowds) or the T-Rex restaurant (DTD) would be fun!!

I'm not seeing the the OP is coming from MK?
Ummm, its in her original post. i've bolded/underlined it for you. your welcome! Lol.

We need 1 more ADR for arrival day. We are planning on either going to Downtown Disney or resort exploring. It will be a sat night so I'm worried if downtown is going to be busy. So far we have ADRs for

Breakfast at crystal palace
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Dinner at BOG
dinner at Ohana
Lunch at Yak and Yeti
Debating between plaza or LTT for lunch on one of our MK days.

We will be paying OOP for this first meal since we will staying off site(taking the auto train and plan on staying off site somewhere cheap that night since we are going to be too tired to hit the parks and I can't justify the expense of another night at the Contemporary plus another night if dining plan)

I would love to try Boma and explore AKL. Or eat at Kona and then see the Wishes from the beach. Or the kids would love Trex. Too many choices!

Both LTT & Plaza are very yummy choices. On the DP, i'd go with LTT. But for OOP i'd go with Plaza cause its cheaper. However, i'd look at the menu and go with whatever appeals to you. I'd have a hard time deciding between the two cause i like both! :thumbsup2

I do believe the Dinner recommendation OP is looking for is NOT on her MK day, but for her day of arrival--when she will either be resort exploring or doing DTD. Not Checking in @ Disney officially until the next day.
:rolleyes1

I love Boma, but I see your children are young. I would vote for Trex...

I have not been there yet, will be there this June with my Godson to celebrate his 6th birthday. My sister said, they loved it on their first tip 2 years ago and it was a must for his birthday. She said it fantastic for kids, as well as adults and the menu is huge.

I always had a problem with my picky eaters when they were young at most of WDW restaurants. Boma has choices for kids, but it more fun for adults.

I also have been to Kona, again great for adults....

Good luck with your final choice.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter